So the new Eldritch Battery...

@snorkle

having a minimal ES regen could facilitate spell/attack cost's.

Having a minimal ES regen will not create a very durable EHP barrier in mid-combat.

Similarly, for trappers and totem players, just having that ES and some es cooldown reductions can facilitate there play-style with 0 investment in mana regeneration or mana% at all.

It just creates a different base-line for builds to utilize.

If i am not mistaken ES recharges at 15%/second if not damaged? That's a free high recharge rate if utilized well in the proper build.

"
And what we have as chaos damage source, which is not DoT and is dangerous? Half of my characters is MoM based and I never cared about chaost hits, as it's DoTs which are dangerous.

This does not make your statement any more true for players interested in the mechanic.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
tmaciak wrote:

And what we have as chaos damage source, which is not DoT and is dangerous? Half of my characters is MoM based and I never cared about chaost hits, as it's DoTs which are dangerous.

There isn't much sources of chaos damage on hit that I know of (afaik the EK of the unique miscreation in the domi/museum boss fight has chaos tacked on to it)but to say it like that is a bit misleading.

just clarify it, is all. all sources of DoT can be a threat to MoM builds.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Last edited by enveratise on Apr 20, 2015, 8:00:47 AM
"
Boem wrote:
@snorkle

sure, if you have a 3 or 4 link spell that you cast once every couple of seconds, if you have a 6 link spell that you cast 4 or 5 times per second? No.

"
enveratise wrote:
"
tmaciak wrote:

There isn't much sources of chaos damage on hit that I know of (afaik the EK of the unique miscreation in the domi/museum boss fight has chaos tacked on to it)but to say it like that is a bit misleading.

just clarify it, is all. all sources of DoT can be a threat to MoM builds.

theres some, vaal constructs, spitter snakes, alchemists etc.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
@snorkle

sure, if you have a 3 or 4 link spell that you cast once every couple of seconds, if you have a 6 link spell that you cast 4 or 5 times per second? No.

You do realize that with this form of EB you can rotate between ES and mana source right?

Just stating this since i consider it obvious, but maybe it is not.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

From those, only alchemists are dangerous, and not on hit, but due to chaos DoT from theirs bombs.

Vaal Construct are piss poor even in high maps and snakes can be ignored with tiny bit of life regen and/or chaos res. My typical EB/MoM character have like 4K HP with 100-150 hp/s and ~1000 free mana with 250-350 m/s and, if possible, some chaos res.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
Boem wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
@snorkle

You do realize that with this form of EB you can rotate between ES and mana source right?

Peace,

-Boem-

not sure what you mean tbh, you cant rotate, you can deplete all your es and end up spending mana... if you can sustain while spending the mana part, why would u need the es there?

"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

From those, only alchemists are dangerous, and not on hit, but due to chaos DoT from theirs bombs.

Vaal Construct are piss poor even in high maps and snakes can be ignored with tiny bit of life regen and/or chaos res. My typical EB/MoM character have like 4K HP with 100-150 hp/s and ~1000 free mana with 250-350 m/s and, if possible, some chaos res.

well, i didnt say they were dangerous just giving examples that exist. Vaal constructs can sting I find, if you get a pack of like 20+ and they all hammer you at once out of nowhere it can pack quite a punch as i believe its a spell and you cant evade it. Snakes are just.. I dunno, maybe too long playing ondars builds, Im not sure Id notice if there was a bug in the game that stopped them doing damage all together.
"
Boem wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
@snorkle

Peace,

-Boem-

"Eldritch Battery (it now moves Energy Sield to cover mana, rather than turning Energy Shield into mana)"

Now the wording might be unclear (still), and maybe we dont have the full picture. But considering the sentence as it is, I would say ES can't double as a mana resource. Like ever.

Also chaos can be quite a problem for certain bosses (jungle valley, museum). Even with the classic MoM EB combo i rely on a healthy life pool (for dots ofc). ES-passives are nice for such builds, but definately nothing you need to waste huge amount of points on.
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

not sure what you mean tbh, you cant rotate, you can deplete all your es and end up spending mana... if you can sustain while spending the mana part, why would u need the es there?

Lets say for example, you have gotten 50 es regeneration per second.

And you have gotten 50 mana regeneration.

Your spell cost's 100 mana to cast per second.

you have 600 ES and 800 mana (irrelevant)

Now you will start depleting ES to cast your spell 6x and all of your ES is gone.

Then you start on your mana resource, but while you are depleting your mana source, your ES is already refilling at 50es/second

So after a cast on mana you will cast on ES again when 100Es becomes available, giving room for mana to refill.

After this, ES get's room to refill again since your using mana again.

etc etc etc.

you can effectively reduce the total amount regenerated over double sources to have the same output.

Peace,

-Boem-
Is there any good reason to use this new EB?

I can only think of one: using zealots oath to make your ES over mana regen high enough to sustain your attack, then you can max out auras with your mana.

THis change basically eliminates using the combo of cloak of defiance EB/AA. since this change removes the huge boost to mana regen EB gave, which allowed you to sustain AA.
THat's why I said: why not use grace/deter IR instead of AA? if you get more reduced mana nodes, you could fit in PoF to compensate for the -fire damage that AA provides?
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info