So the new Eldritch Battery...

"
Vipermagi wrote:
The actual description was released, and it says the following:
"Energy Shield protects Mana instead of Life"
Nothing terribly vague there :)

Oh I didn't know they have an official description out. Where is it?

And yeah, bummer, I guess the only option is that minimal ES trick, and that takes quite a bit of dedication.
"
enveratise wrote:
That's why we have LGoH! XD

but seriously though, I'd wait first before I can say it's good or bad. Having to remove your leech capabilities on life so you could continuously cast spells without the ES regen time, all the while needing to reach for another keystone while using EB... I dunno.

I do hope they change how VP and ZO works in this change, so I can leech life while continuously regenerating my ES :D

LGoH doesn't work on spell, and if you take VP, you will not regen ES using ZO. So unless they completely reverse how those support/keystone works, such consideration are not valid.

Since OB, more than 75% of my builds were EB based and TBH, I dislike planned changes to this keystone. Unless they do some groundbreaking changes to ES/HP hybrids, it will be the same as now, it means not so usable... just replacing "HP" with "mana".
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
tmaciak wrote:

LGoH doesn't work on spell, and if you take VP, you will not regen ES using ZO. So unless they completely reverse how those support/keystone works, such consideration are not valid.

Er, afaik attacks also use mana? and that's why I mentioned changing the interaction between VP and ZO in the first place.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
I interpret this as ES protecting your mana pool. So it's for MoM users specifically.

Idk, it feels kinda akward. Since ES by itself doesnt protect against chaos.

I mean if this is true, you need a helluva lot of ES to make it worthwhile, as well as alot of life and a buttload of mana (to make MoM worth it)

Meh.
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
Last edited by Saltygames on Apr 20, 2015, 6:36:54 AM
"
enveratise wrote:
Er, afaik attacks also use mana? and that's why I mentioned changing the interaction between VP and ZO in the first place.

But you were writing about spells next...

"
Saltygames wrote:
I interpret this as ES protecting your mana pool. So it's for MoM users specifically. Idk, it feels kinda akward. Since ES by itself doesnt protect against chaos.

MoM also doesn't protect against chaos.

"
Saltygames wrote:
Meh.

As far... +1.
I was replying to how they'll be able to leech when GR assigns life leech to ES. When ES is used as your mana, well...

consuming mana applies to both spells and attacks. I only mentioned spells because it was the most obvious example.

MoM does work on Chaos Damage... on hit. maybe you mean Chaos DoT (or any other DOT for that matter)?
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
tmaciak wrote:

MoM also doesn't protect against chaos.

What?

This is completely false. MoM doesn't protect against DoT effects, but it protects against all forms of "hits" irrelevant of source.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : enveratise already covered this, my bad.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Apr 20, 2015, 7:01:24 AM
thing is if you can sustain es through reaver or zo, then you are far better off using it as actual es over your life pool. If you have truly significant es, that means you gave up the majority of your gears defenses to get it, that means you need to run arctic armour to have mitigation. Since arctic armour will still require you to have a lot of real mana and mana regen, at the point where you can run an arctic armour worth talking about, that does anything at all in endgame, you can fuel your spells directly from mana, so if you cna also sustain es from leech or regen why not have it be actual es that protects your life seeing as you have now lost either life leech or life regen in order to sustain the es?

I feel like it only makes sense when you are using MoM so the es over your mana is still part of your hp pool, so rather than EB being a node than many builds took, its now a node for Cloak Of Defiance builds and fuck everyone else, thats how I see it playing out, I dont see why you wouldnt just go hybrid life + energy shield if you dont have MoM in the majority of cases.

tbc
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Apr 20, 2015, 7:38:02 AM
Hm. what about... instead of AA, Grace - Deter with IR? you can reserve 100% mana now, if based on my understanding of the change?
"
Boem wrote:

This is completely false. MoM doesn't protect against DoT effects, but it protects against all forms of "hits" irrelevant of source.

And what we have as chaos damage source, which is not DoT and is dangerous? Half of my characters is MoM based and I never cared about chaost hits, as it's DoTs which are dangerous.
Last edited by tmaciak on Apr 20, 2015, 7:52:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info