So the new Eldritch Battery...

"
intre wrote:
"
"
intre wrote:
Yes, it will be quite incredible to survive on low life with no ES covering that low life. One hit by any mob and you're done.

And now, SRS is dead as you can't leech from it and you need to keep spamming it with huge mana drains. GGG should remove that gem as it's simply useless.

low-life SRS with 5 auras never used eldritch battery. I've killed uber atziri with SRS without EB.

Taking the Unrelenting node my mana drain on SRS is 90 each cast, and cast time takes 0.28 seconds, so it's a bit more than 3 casts per second. I can't imagine how do you get so much mana regen without EB. Have you got a link to that build so I can check it?

Thank you.

I basically just stole Ghazzy's low life witch summoner build. 10k ES, level 21 clarity, take a few "reduced mana cost" passives....

I run level 28 SRS in a 6-link staff. I have 1360 mana, 122 unreserved. SRS costs 103 mana with melee splash (though less than that against bosses, for which I can replace melee splash with added fire [for most bosses] or melee damage on full life [for atziri]. This is especially important to note because it lets me fire at full speed with vaal haste up, which I couldn't do while running melee splash). One cast takes .23 seconds with regular haste up (but it's much faster with vaal haste).

I have 240.1 mana regen per second. This is enough because spell echo makes every second cast free.

Basically, check out Ghazzy's builds. And don't underestimate the value of mana regen % on all jewelry and your staff.
Last edited by codetaku on Apr 28, 2015, 10:34:52 AM
"

I basically just stole Ghazzy's low life witch summoner build. 10k ES, level 21 clarity, take a few "reduced mana cost" passives....

I run level 28 SRS in a 6-link staff. I have 1360 mana, 122 unreserved. SRS costs 103 mana with melee splash (though less than that against bosses, for which I can replace melee splash with added fire [for most bosses] or melee damage on full life [for atziri]. This is especially important to note because it lets me fire at full speed with vaal haste up, which I couldn't do while running melee splash). One cast takes .23 seconds with regular haste up (but it's much faster with vaal haste).

I have 240.1 mana regen per second. This is enough because spell echo makes every second cast free.

Basically, check out Ghazzy's builds. And don't underestimate the value of mana regen % on all jewelry and your staff.

I was watching his thread. It's weird he's got no cast speed on his jewelry.
I have cast speed on mine. When I say stole his build, I didn't also mean stole his items. In fact, last I checked, my staff is better than his. Not sure when he's going to complete his perfect SRS staff for mirroring.

This change is no big deal in so far as spamability. Anyone who ever played CI caster can tell you that. We play without EB at all and only 1000-2000 mana 6L sometimes w/o clarity even.

What this change does is kill MoM/CoD/AA defenses. Stupid if you ask me. Was never OP in first place even at 40% Cloak of defiance was not. Middleman defenses at best.

OP and UBER capable defenses are
-12,000+ ES CI
-Max resisters both life and low life running at or close to 100% all resits
-Max life blockers
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 28, 2015, 12:43:44 PM
"
I have cast speed on mine. When I say stole his build, I didn't also mean stole his items. In fact, last I checked, my staff is better than his. Not sure when he's going to complete his perfect SRS staff for mirroring.

Almost no elem res on your gear, and you manage to cap resists?
Well, Ghazzy also got some boots you can't find on any shop. And a nice helmet too.
"
intre wrote:
"

Almost no elem res on your gear, and you manage to cap resists?
Well, Ghazzy also got some boots you can't find on any shop. And a nice helmet too.

Capping resists isn't that hard. I mirrored Ghazzy's gloves, I have shav's for lightning res, I have a good helm and boots for resists, and there are a couple passives that were on the way to the "necessary passives" that gave bonus resists. Also, do keep in mind that both of my rings are resistance rings.
Last edited by codetaku on Apr 28, 2015, 1:56:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info