So the new Eldritch Battery...

"
rinleezwins wrote:
It's not OP because you won't be leeching any life at all.

Why does that matter?
"
Does it mean that if I have significant energy shield leech or regen (a la Zealot's Oath or Ghost Reaver) I can just keep spamming spells and leech it all back?

Yeah, EB+CI = Blood Magic for ES.

I am a bit confused, BTW, how should Blood Magic interact with EB now? What "resourse" will be used to sustain skills, if you get both keystones? Or if you get EB and use Blood Magic gem?

Edit:
As decription says, it seems your ES wont absorb damage anymore, it will just "absorb" mana spent (for skill usage), and will recover, probably, only if you didnt spent any mana for a certain time. So, EB would be quite attractive for players, who dont cast often.Let's say, we have a summoner, who needs to reserve a lot of mana for his auras. But he also wants to be able to resummon his "pets" when needed, to cast curses and some other spells, perhaps. With EB, he can reserve all his mana for auras, dont invest into any manaregen, and use ES as actual "mana pool", which can be quickly replenished without any investments into regeneration (all you need is not casting for a several seconds). And you dont need to spend your precious socket slots for Blood MAgic gems, and you dont hurt yourself when casting.

There is potential, for sure. But only for non-spamming spellcasting. I dont think it will be wise to take GR and try to "leech" ES to compensate skills usage. Well, maybe, with an exception to Vaal Pact and some really cost-intensive spells (Dominating Blow?). But sacrificing your life regen AND life leech for THAT? I dont know, if that's fair. You better just use Blood Magic, i think.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Apr 21, 2015, 3:57:02 AM
You'll still die in one hit with EB+CI, your energy shield just acts like mana, you don't use it as hp.
"
darkmark009 wrote:
You'll still die in one hit with EB+CI, your energy shield just acts like mana, you don't use it as hp.

Yeah you should be right.
"
darkmark009 wrote:

Yeah, it figured from description, that it interacts not how i first saw it.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Does it mean that if I have significant energy shield leech or regen (a la Zealot's Oath or Ghost Reaver) I can just keep spamming spells and leech it all back?

Yeah, EB+CI = Blood Magic for ES.

I am a bit confused, BTW, how should Blood Magic interact with EB now? What "resourse" will be used to sustain skills, if you get both keystones? Or if you get EB and use Blood Magic gem?

Edit:
As decription says, it seems your ES wont absorb damage anymore, it will just "absorb" mana spent (for skill usage), and will recover, probably, only if you didnt spent any mana for a certain time. So, EB would be quite attractive for players, who dont cast often.Let's say, we have a summoner, who needs to reserve a lot of mana for his auras. But he also wants to be able to resummon his "pets" when needed, to cast curses and some other spells, perhaps. With EB, he can reserve all his mana for auras, dont invest into any manaregen, and use ES as actual "mana pool", which can be quickly replenished without any investments into regeneration (all you need is not casting for a several seconds). And you dont need to spend your precious socket slots for Blood MAgic gems, and you dont hurt yourself when casting.

There is potential, for sure. But only for non-spamming spellcasting. I dont think it will be wise to take GR and try to "leech" ES to compensate skills usage. Well, maybe, with an exception to Vaal Pact and some really cost-intensive spells (Dominating Blow?). But sacrificing your life regen AND life leech for THAT? I dont know, if that's fair. You better just use Blood Magic, i think.

Yeah I was somehow thinking that the new effect is: ES covers BOTH life and mana, and spend ES before mana.

It's not the case. It's ES covers mana ONLY.

Need to go back to the drawing board on this. I'm sure there's some kind of niche use but I don't think there are any super OP uses, in this version anyway.
Seems like this change will be great for melee/archers, as a new way to stack auras, but will be terrible for pure casters, because their spells cost WAY more mana than melee/archers, making it much more difficult for a pure caster to take advantage of the new EB.
"
"
Nerdicide wrote:
"
Float wrote:
with the current tree, alphas howl, 20 reduced mana gems, i get HoI HoT grace wrath and anger with 80% increase. now add mom and fortify for really just 1 node, ghost reaver. which is still working on ur ehp at 30% efficiency. this would have crazy high dps and access to a lot of life/ehp. oh and no more blood magic gem, seems rlly good. u present a strange argument, because the one thing i always think when making mana based builds is dam i have to invest a lot of nodes into mana/regen. u wouldnt need to invest anything into mana or weapon damage, just proc the flat auras as fast as u can (st or cyclone). ur looking at easy 150% life increase from the tree, and ur mitigation is off the charts

150% life from tree isn't really that good... Especially in HC leagues. All of my chars have at least 200%

Numbers could be fine tuned.

The guaranteed things out of this build:

1. 1-2 extra auras
2. Basically infinite mana to spam a melee / ranged skill. Assuming you have enough leech and enough ES to offset the cost of the skill.
3. High mitigation if you keep attacking. Granted this means you have to have a good amount of ES to start off.

This might be incredible for Low Life now that I think about it.

Yes, it will be quite incredible to survive on low life with no ES covering that low life. One hit by any mob and you're done.

And now, SRS is dead as you can't leech from it and you need to keep spamming it with huge mana drains. GGG should remove that gem as it's simply useless.
"
intre wrote:
Yes, it will be quite incredible to survive on low life with no ES covering that low life. One hit by any mob and you're done.

And now, SRS is dead as you can't leech from it and you need to keep spamming it with huge mana drains. GGG should remove that gem as it's simply useless.

low-life SRS with 5 auras never used eldritch battery. I've killed uber atziri with SRS without EB.
"
"
intre wrote:

low-life SRS with 5 auras never used eldritch battery. I've killed uber atziri with SRS without EB.

Taking the Unrelenting node my mana drain on SRS is 90 each cast, and cast time takes 0.28 seconds, so it's a bit more than 3 casts per second. I can't imagine how do you get so much mana regen without EB. Have you got a link to that build so I can check it?

Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info