What happens when Closed Beta starts tomorrow?

See that's always been a problem in this game, at least for the several years I've been here. Their are sooo many skills and combinations, that every single time they add something it ends up bringing up problems in other areas that didn't exist before. A perfect example of this is freeze pulse and spark... Both of those skills were nerfed many patches ago because they are "too good" and now they are just alright for people still sticking with it. They add Mjolner and COC, all of a sudden shotgunning is too amazing for the tiny few that can afford it, therefore EVERYTHING needs to get ruined to make up for it. Instead of fixing mjolner or something specific, they use a bulldozer when a scalpel would suffice, by ruining freeze pulse/spark and everything else which is currently mediocre thanks to the nerfs it already got months ago.

The entire concept of balance we have here is one large house of cards that crumbles each time a patch is introduced, forcing people with hundreds of exalts invested into their characters to start over. I for one am just exhausted from the whole ordeal. Look at my character select screen if you can... It's full of characters that are entirely unplayable from patches over the years. Each time I butcher my own characters that I've poured heart and soul into just to make some new character viable again. After doing this a dozen times and spending thousands of exalts, shit gets old. How many times do you expect us to dump a thousand hours into a character only to have it be completely useless. I'm at least 10k hours into this game. Here I was all excited about the new expansion, only to have all the hype sucked out of me.
IGN: Narbays
When will GGG learn that these changes are costing them not only members of the community but GGG are creating a huge trash bin in their own game of useless items and skills. Who makes block builds anymore? Is Armour even viable? No.

So many nerfs? Arctic Armour? Remove shotgunning? Prolif nerf? ED nerf?
"A rebalanced of exiting unqiues"? Like what? So you're correcting your mistake with armour now, which you should not have nerfed in the first place!

So I'll take another 8 month break because of these changes. Like seriously, have you not learned from your mistakes? Just given up the idea of a supporter pack yet again thanks to developers acting borderline abusive only to correct themselves yet again in hindsight.

Last edited by Defaceo on Apr 20, 2015, 3:06:22 AM
Horrible changes to all the projectiles. this means that they destroyed all ranged shotgun builds or rather all ranged builds wiith gmp, lmp or alike will get wrecked completely.

they clearly did not think this through....

spectral throw, dead,
incinerate, dead
tornado shot, dead
and tons more....
Last edited by goat4dinner on Apr 20, 2015, 3:03:06 AM
"
goat4dinner wrote:
Horrible changes to all the projectiles. this means that they destroyed all ranged shotgun builds or rather all ranged builds wiith gmp, lmp or alike will get wrecked completely.

they clearly did not think this through....

They have stated that all projectile damaage will be rescaled, dont cry basing on poor knowledge before you actually get chance to play
AA with buff nodes on tree was op op, good move, also i like that you will rebalance this skill, we believe in you that it wont be utter thrash:)
Better dont quote me - often editing right after posting:)
Last edited by Evil_Kon on Apr 20, 2015, 3:04:12 AM
"
narbays wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"
morc1us wrote:
For all the scrubs who cry about changes please read this :

Please test these changes on the Closed Beta realm before providing feedback. It's important to play the game with all of the new changes rather than speculate on the impact of a single change without having played under the new rules.

I was just going to copy this here again since apparently reading is difficult.

Been playing POE since the very beginning, not even going to bother using my alpha invite to test these changes out. Obviously bad changes are obvious.

And I'm speaking about the changes to Ondar's guile and how it totally shafts my evasion based characters, which are already gimped when compared to my armor based characters.

Or perhaps you should go in and see whether it actually does screw you over before declaring that the sky is falling. There is more going on than just the Ondar's Guile change as the message you quoted should very clearly tell you.

You want to see it get changed back to where you like it? Play the game, use the keystone, get a feel for it, and then with the full knowledge you've gotten of actually playing come back and say "GGG, the Ondar's Guile change made things worse, and here is my experience to back me up on it."

Simply put, until you've walked the walk, you can't talk the talk.
"
Defaceo wrote:
When will GGG learn that these changes are costing them not only members of the community but GGG are creating a huge trash bin in their own game of useless items and skills. Who makes block builds anymore? Is Armour even viable? No.

"A rebalanced of exiting unqiues"? Like what? So you're correcting your mistake with armour now, which you should not have nerfed in the first place!

if you don't like a evolving and constantly changing game you're really better off with tetris.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Apr 20, 2015, 3:05:49 AM
"
geradon wrote:
"
Defaceo wrote:

if you don't like a evolving and constantly changing game you're really better off with tetris.

Geradon pretty much said it right there.

Player concurrency is steadily on the rise with each major content update. That means the game is ultimately improving, for the better.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"

So that's the euphemism for balance issues these days :D
No response to the content of what I wrote.

So yeah, Act 4 hype has actually turned into the opposite. Let me enjoy the game before GGG wreck it again - that made me last time take a 7 month break.
Last edited by Defaceo on Apr 20, 2015, 3:27:14 AM
*grabs popcorn*

Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
Also i guess GGG likes to hit RF Incinerate characters to shift the meta.

Nice announcement, one day after I looted Kaom's for my RF Incirenator. GGG as usual shows how they treat long term self found players, usual GTFO... fortunately better games are being released soon.

Anyway, what personally pains me most, is killing my favorite keystone, it means EB. Ever since OB more than 70% of my characters used this keystone... I don't think that I want to rework them. Or any if that matter.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info