What happens when Closed Beta starts tomorrow?

Making the game harder?! Sigh...guess that will make only 0.0000001% of the player base happy while making the rest of us sad.

I think Player skills should be able to shotgun, monsters using the skills should not.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Indeed. I dont really see the point in nerfing spark.
Spark has base 3 projectiles. Lesser and Greater Multiple Proj aren´t that much needed at all.
(The "shotgun" radius with gmp is too big to shotgun 1 enemy (maybe except bosses)
My spark shadow was a duration crit one (spark duration was 2.85sec)

Now pros and cons of a spark char:

Pros:
-has a good clearspeed if the room is a small one

Cons:
- can only farm indoors or at close quarters effectively
- launches unpredictable sparks that move randomely until they maybe hit an enemy and even if they do there is a chance that the hit doesn´t count (really?)
- Now they cant shotgun (can they hit the target again after some time? can the other 2 proj hit the target after some time?) and even if they could... what is the "cooldown"? are my sparks too fast?
- required a 5-6L to farm endgame maps effectively

to be honest... it is a funny character and i didn´t abuse the shotgun mechanics with CoC or something. I used the skill how it was meant to be used and accepted the downsides.

"Multiple projectiles emitted at exactly the same time can no longer hit the same target."
What about starting them a bit delayed? Maybe they are delayed already? Wouldn´t make sense to start with 3 projectiles and have this downside now.

"
And for people talking about how Spark's dead, it, like spectral throw, has a mechanic that makes it "forget" everything it's hit, it still has that (although the exact details of that mechanic will probably need to change over the course of beta, since the removal of shotgunning means that's a shared memory and all sparks will lose it when one bounces - i.e. this is making each spark more able to hit the same target again)

Don´t really care about shotgunning with spark so:
Seems fair to me. :)
Last edited by TheDeathX on Apr 20, 2015, 3:49:10 AM
"
Malone wrote:

How a beginner is able to understand that GMP - Freezing Pulse does not shotgun ?

Ive been playing over a year an only just learnt the other week that gmp can shotgun... as i played ranged and arrow build/spectral throw i didnt expect it to change the mechanic for spells.
"
goat4dinner wrote:
Horrible changes to all the projectiles. this means that they destroyed all ranged shotgun builds or rather all ranged builds wiith gmp, lmp or alike will get wrecked completely.

they clearly did not think this through....

spectral throw, dead,
incinerate, dead
tornado shot, dead
and tons more....
Two of the three you named are attacks, and thus already couldn't shotgun and aren't affected by this at all.

And for people talking about how Spark's dead, it, like spectral throw, has a mechanic that makes it "forget" everything it's hit, it still has that (although the exact details of that mechanic will probably need to change over the course of beta, since the removal of shotgunning means that's a shared memory and all sparks will lose it when one bounces - i.e. this is making each spark more able to hit the same target again)
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 20, 2015, 3:38:43 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

incinerate, dead
tornado shot, dead

OMG it's officially confirmed :) (kidding :) )

Any explanation why totem are nerfed AGAIN ?
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Apr 20, 2015, 3:37:48 AM
and im so happy that they finally fix this MP shit
But about this non hitting at all part i whould like to see
delay so for example spark whould hit but no as a shotgun

this MP concept is totaly shit
for reason if you deal all the time with desynh you first of all forced to play ranged
and them all using mp mostly
but at the same time thats bad for ST CoC and tornado
so maybe i missed smth better wait for patch
RIP English :D
GMT +4
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
goat4dinner wrote:
Horrible changes to all the projectiles. this means that they destroyed all ranged shotgun builds or rather all ranged builds wiith gmp, lmp or alike will get wrecked completely.

they clearly did not think this through....

spectral throw, dead,
incinerate, dead
tornado shot, dead
and tons more....
Two of the three you named are attacks, and thus already couldn't shotgun and aren't affected by this at all.

This has got to be so frustrating for you.
"
"
Defaceo wrote:
"
if you don't like a evolving and constantly changing game you're really better off with tetris.

So that's the euphemism for balance issues these days :D
No response to the content of what I wrote.

It's basically a dismissal of what you wrote likely because it is still too soon to say if your assertions have any merit.

If you are truly passionate about these changes, why not play the game and see for yourself if they are as negative as you think they are then report back to GGG on that and mention some middling adjustments that could get some of the things used again?

They nerfed Armour and are now buffing it months later. They nerfed melee and are now buffing it months later. Do you fathom that? They back track on their own changes after they narrow down the amount of viable builds in the game - "amount of viable builds" - which is suppose to be PoE's essence.
So no, I might as well play bloody Diablo III with these bad nerfes every patch because the bloody amount of actual viable builds end up being the same as that wretched game.

I hope the beta testing proves productive because this is the last chance I'm giving this game.
Last edited by Defaceo on Apr 20, 2015, 3:46:07 AM
Minions (they are now targeted by monsters less often and take less damage from many boss attacks. This still being heavily iterated on.)

What do you mean ???
GGG has NEVER, and will NEVER care two shits about your precious RF Incinerators that will be ruined forevermore. Deal with it.
Last edited by Arthur_GGG on Apr 20, 2015, 3:50:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info