What happens when Closed Beta starts tomorrow?

For all the scrubs who cry about changes please read this :

"
Please test these changes on the Closed Beta realm before providing feedback. It's important to play the game with all of the new changes rather than speculate on the impact of a single change without having played under the new rules.
"
morc1us wrote:

"
Please test these changes on the Closed Beta realm before providing feedback. It's important to play the game with all of the new changes rather than speculate on the impact of a single change without having played under the new rules.

I was just going to copy this here again since apparently reading is difficult.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
WTS CoD 1c xD
I must be reading this wrong, because it sounds insanely terrible for _every_single_evasion_ player out their....

Ondar's guile no longer DOUBLES evasion versus projectiles but instead grants a flat 40% increase? That in it self would be fine, considering most characters that focus on evasion as their primary defense have 15-20k evasion.... But you're reducing MELEE EVASION?! by 20%?

Each level a character gains reduces the effectiveness of evasion by one percent, which makes that 15-20k evasion barely effective at 40% chance to evade currently at 90++ where as armor is currently the clear superior choice despite the same effectiveness. Ondar's guile offset that by making up the difference versus ranged projectiles.

You devs need to sit down and talk about this amongst yourself, I don't even care if you post about it. But I seriously think you need to figure out amongst yourselves what the role of evasion is in this game. Most characters currently spec into armor anyway because it's the clear superior choice when you're level 90+... Ondar's guile made the trade off between shitty versus melee but better against ranged enemies at least worth going into evasion.
IGN: Narbays
"
Chameleon wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

There has been a general rebalance of monster life and damage. Monsters should be a fair bit scarier now. We saw this as an important return to earlier difficulty of Path of Exile. This rebalance has been focused on Normal Difficulty. Much of the monster balance is currently wrong in Cruel and Merciless, especially in the case of major bosses. The armour calculation has been adjusted to make it more effective in response to the damage changes.

Wrong in which way? They do more damage or less damage than they should? For testing purposes it is helpful vital to know info like that.

i'm quite sure we will notice when we get there ;)
maybe vaal is actually scary again (remembering the falling rocks that nearly 1shot you or the faster smash)
i'm also looking forward to not being able to outrun content as easily as it is possible now.

speaking of running ... i'm quite surprised only 1 guy mentioned Phase Run up until now.
i DO hope this skill is making it back into the game!
Last edited by Ruefl2x on Apr 20, 2015, 2:45:29 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
morc1us wrote:

"

I was just going to copy this here again since apparently reading is difficult.

Been playing POE since the very beginning, not even going to bother using my alpha invite to test these changes out. Obviously bad changes are obvious.

And I'm speaking about the changes to Ondar's guile and how it totally shafts my evasion based characters, which are already gimped when compared to my armor based characters.
IGN: Narbays
I can understand clearly why the projectile nerf was needed - it solves a lot of "problems" with overpowerd mechanics like Mjölner and Cast on Crit for example. Also i guess GGG likes to hit RF Incinerate characters to shift the meta.

But the nerf to shotguning unintentionally hits ohter builds too.
Freezing Pulse and Spark got hit very hard by this nerf - shotguning is a cool mechanic for those two skills and as you can tell it wasn't broken by any means for them
Molten Strike also got a big hit as a single target skill for every character actually used this as a damaging melee skill (the initial purpose of this skill) - Molten Strikes ability to shotgun mechanic was only broken because of CoC und Mjölner, not because of its damage for melee attackers... and maybe you can consider Surgens prefix on flasks while using molten strike

I hope GGG considers those skills (and all others i don't have mentioned above) while nerfing CoC and Mjölner in this very special way ;)
We already have seen skills becoming underwhelmingly weak in the past because of general nerfs to game mechanics which were only initially made because of 1-2 overpowerd builds/unique items.

My personal opinion on this? Nerf Mjölner, CoC gem and Surgens mod directly instead of indirectly nerfing a lot of vaible skills. In additon add a additional less damage mulitplier to the multiple projectiles mod for monsters.
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
Nerf .. CoC gem ... directly instead of indirectly nerfing a lot of vaible skills.

like: "supported spells have a chance to be casted"? careful what you wish for ;)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
narbays wrote:
Been playing POE since the very beginning, not even going to bother using my alpha invite to test these changes out. Obviously bad changes are obvious.

And I'm speaking about the changes to Ondar's guile and how it totally shafts my evasion based characters, which are already gimped when compared to my armor based characters.

I'd piss myself laughing if this PJSalt was for nothing and grace got a flat 1-2k increase that you didn't notice, or hell even anything along those lines.

If you haven't played it, you flat out don't know whether the changes are good or not. Bottom line. What's posted here is not even close to the full notes about what other changes may have happened. That's like judging Pepsi when you've only ever had Coke.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Apr 20, 2015, 2:59:52 AM
one per five minutes?
so 12 per hour?
288 per day?

what a joke ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info