Please educate me, why does anyone consider PoE to be "hard"?

"
Todarius wrote:
Interesting. So, from my first couple of responses to my thread, do I infer correctly that most discussion and generalizations that get expressed in the forum, are by people who have already completed normal, cruel, and merciless, and who find themselves either happy or dissatisfied by the post-game "maps" game, or else, only play arpg's for multiplayer, and have little experience with single-player arpg franchises like Sacred, Fate, Torchlight, and Titan Quest?

Woah now, who's generalizing now?
It's not that hard to progress as a Spellcaster, there's your real issue, they require little to no gear to progress, just Life/Resist/Mana/ManaRegen.
Whereas, let's say a Ranged Bow/Wand build requires you to get a weapon upgrade now and then, we don't have a cheesy vendor recipe like the +1 to X Elemental Gems.

The real difficulty is imo only Cruel Dom, he's the only "challenge" in this game in my book, but that's mostly because his area is so laggy due to stupid rain (thank fuck act 4 will fix this issue), non-stop teleports around whilst mocking me, and in the end he wants to touch me, like come on what a pervert.
Anyways, get to Merciless, try a map or two, it should increase the difficulty.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Last edited by Derpey on Apr 27, 2015, 5:56:30 AM
There is nothing mechanically difficult about this game. There are three factors tied to success, with none of them requiring any sort of "skill" in the traditional sense.

The first is your build
The second your gear
And the third is the time you're willing to invest

PoE is a casual game. People just don't like to admit it because that would ruin their self-image of being a hardcoar xD gamer.
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
ARPGs cannot be "hardcore" by definition. "Hardcore" ARPGs are known as rogue-likes. And they are miles better at "hardcoreness" than Path of Exile.
In general poe has been dumbed down to accommodate new players, so they heave easyer playtime.

With act 4 incoming, we are seeing some serius lvls of dumbed down content with linear ala D3 stlye gameplay.

Poe has been wery hard back in the days.
Playing POE since 0.9.0
Last edited by Metalica24 on Apr 27, 2015, 6:07:34 AM
Check out the number of RIPs in the 5 day HC race.

Leads me to believe that it might be a little more difficult than some in this thread would suggest.
I consider map crit devourers hard. Recently lost a lvl 89 and a lvl 90 to them, both on hc. fml.
"
Veracocha wrote:
ARPGs cannot be "hardcore" by definition. "Hardcore" ARPGs are known as rogue-likes. And they are miles better at "hardcoreness" than Path of Exile.

ADOM <3

Your highest lvl char is 59.... nothing more to say.
Last edited by MildorDArkehn on Apr 27, 2015, 7:03:49 AM
Because of desync, burst dps, one shot chance and other crap.
That is why people call the game hard. However some people call it stupid some hard. It is up to you how you interpret the game.
Last edited by Evilclown009 on Apr 27, 2015, 8:54:56 AM
Super mario is more hard core than poe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info