Please educate me, why does anyone consider PoE to be "hard"?

What's going on here guys?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

shu, go back to beta ☺
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
andkamen wrote:
"

shu, go back to beta ☺

dont shu I_NO

I miss her
I dont see any any key!
"
andkamen wrote:

Can you repeat that feat in that time?
I'd love to see you kill dominus merciless in 12-15 hours even. Solo no trade and on hc.

I did the level 80 hc challenge in 2 days without trading just using totems, so it took me about +-16 hours and I am a casual and almost never play HC.

Can I repeat this? In Hc nope but again, You just need to look at the ladder for this 5 days race to see how quick people get over 70.Let s see at what level people will get after 5 days.

And about normal difficulty, a solo racer can kill dominus in what? 2H?
All of this is because AOE skills are way too powerful at low levels.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Apr 27, 2015, 1:44:56 PM
This post is hilarious. The guy beats the game on NORMAL and comes to the forum to spout his non-sense about how easy the game is.

Just comedy gold, folks.
Last edited by darkjoy on Apr 27, 2015, 1:38:19 PM
I agree with the difficulty.

Of course it takes a while learning the game mechanics, but this is (for me) an enjoyable process, but the general gameplay is simple.

The skilltree really is intuitive, but that is a big plus imo.

The main problem is the difficulty of the gameplay. The only aspect of (enjoyable) difficulty is imo the positioning. No predicting, no skillshots(only trivial aiming), no skillrotations and cooldowns.
I know, the PoE community hates cooldowns(because of irrational wow aversion) but imo this is a very important feature to make common gameplay enjoyable.
Doding projectiles in PoE is also not that hard and as I said prediction is also not really important, as there is no meaningful crowdcontrol.

The only difficulty PoE offers is by damage spikes...
I have not read the rest of the thread but after your first sentence you kind of give the game away. I almost stopped reading but then I thought well maybe he goes on to say he has done harder content but you dont.

Of course the game isnt hard on the lowest difficulty setting.

And in general you will find it not to be massively hard after that.

But its the situational things that can make it tricky. The point is, that in this game you can never be so overpowered that you are practically immune to death like you can in most arpg's or just generally most games in general. And your play and skill has a lot to do with whether you survive testing moments or not.

Arpg's cannot be constantly hard because then they are boring. You want to feel powerful most of the time and be tested sometimes.

In addition you can choose your own difficulty later to some extent and you can make the game excruciatingly hard if you like.

In D3 the difficulty kind of stops with mob hp scaling which is not really difficulty.

In Poe you can spec as defensive as you like but you will die if you dont play appropriately based on situations that can arise.
"
ExiledRenor wrote:
I know, the PoE community hates cooldowns(because of irrational wow aversion) but imo this is a very important feature to make common gameplay enjoyable.

Yeah, cooldowns are just terrible, lazy design, esp. for fast paced ARPGs.

"
DexDeus wrote:
Arpg's cannot be constantly hard because then they are boring. You want to feel powerful most of the time and be tested sometimes.

Right, they cannot be constantly hard because farming hard content over and over gets tedious. I'd like normal and cruel to be way harder though because at story progression, the opposite is the case.
Last edited by Sa_Re on Apr 27, 2015, 2:50:12 PM
Great troll post.

Will follow.

9/10.

p.s: Selling organic troll food, 10 chaos per portion, pst.
"
Etesias wrote:
You're basically judging this game by its tutorial. Which takes some time, indeed.

He does have a point. It's kinda boring to have to do the ''tutorial'' 3 times before anything challanging starts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info