Please educate me, why does anyone consider PoE to be "hard"?

he bleeds
those who know little believe they know much.but those who know much have learned of their ignorance

Guild: eclectic gaming council. Diversity is our first name
But you are right op if your definition of beating the game is making it thru normal than this game is npt hard at all....But to some normal is a training mode as the same monster in merciless will have additional mods tied to them that you dont get in normal....for instance the chaos zombies that appear when hillock jumps.
those who know little believe they know much.but those who know much have learned of their ignorance

Guild: eclectic gaming council. Diversity is our first name
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
I still don't get why people consider dark souls 2 to be hard , i beat that game at level 15. difficulty can be a subjective thing.

People did level 1 NG+ on DaS1, dunno if they did on 2 since it was more of a PvP thing to do it.

Souls games were never about being "hard", they only had 1 difficulty and some of the bosses specifically the last boss in DaS1 was purposely made easy to make you feel something.

They get that reputation because if you look at what was and is still being released at the time and today it is really hard in comparison. Most of people in the "gamer" demographic today play shitty phone games and think dragon age cisquistion is a hard game to beat.
I play HARDcore

its why its hard.

[Removed by Support]

I hope this helps.
Last edited by MikeP_GGG on Apr 20, 2015, 2:36:16 PM
To the op, your first post was very nice that's why I initially posted in the thread..
However your most recent post is asinine.
You asked for feedback and you received it.. but please don't tell me you honestly
think you completed the game by going through 20% of its content 1 time.

That's just ridiculous.

@heldagrif lol.
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
Last edited by GDSLICK on Apr 20, 2015, 1:46:14 PM
The game was MUCH harder back then. All the updates boosted characters a LOT and lot of monsters have been nerfed. The game isn't THAT hard anymore. You have tense moments here and there but that's about it :<

edit: like, brutus was scary, now he's a joke
Last edited by Ekainen on Apr 20, 2015, 2:29:00 PM
The difficulty doesn't appear until higher levels. I think the most difficult aspect of PoE is the insane amount of grinding required to progress. PoE starts to feel less like a game and more like a full time job that pays nothing. You won't understand the 'difficulty' until you start running maps, farming items/currency and attempting to hit maximum level.
"
Heldagrif wrote:
I play HARDcore

its why its hard.

[Removed by Support]

I hope this helps.

+1
Last edited by MikeP_GGG on Apr 20, 2015, 2:36:34 PM
"
Shaileen wrote:
Only 75% of the people who bought it completed the tutorial (!)

Well we have massive piracy issues on PC. It's well known. Perhaps the 25% that didn't complete the tutorial are the people that "pirate to try" and then play through the whole thing and buy out of guilt. Considering the game didn't have a demo it's definitively a possibility.
"
Todarius wrote:
I've beaten normal level with my lightning-arc using templar. It was very, very easy. I am now very curious about why so many people say this game is "hard"?

Post again when you have actually played the game.
Nothing to see here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info