Fed up with this chrome crap.

"
Mexiun wrote:

"pls" no, get outta here.
And i have my own built to try which is based off int and dex, the chest was the better chest for my built.
So... yeah.

This isn't what I asked. I asked if you know the BASIC mechanics of this game. It is a simple question. Spare me the "get outta here". Trying to get 4 off colors in an item needs an investment in this game. Do some research on the game you're playing and spending time on or you'll end up frustrated all the time.. Learn the mechanics and if you don;'t like them stop playing, but don't open your mouth without even knowing the basics. It is pointless and tiresome for the rest of us.
You have a thread full of people more experienced than you answering and trying to explain and you haven't bother to even answer to anyone like an adult
Whatever
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
Last edited by Iluvatar_gr on Apr 17, 2015, 1:00:15 PM
"
choopk1993 wrote:
"
Metronomy wrote:

Only the guarantee costs that much, if you can get away with 3 blues its exponentially less. PoE needs to be set up so that you make significant gearing choices, if you get everything you want then difficulty of the entire game is inevitably reduced.

I don't view chroming as part of the game's difficulty as you do but more of an annoyance that drives people away from the game because it limits their play style. I wonder how much more players they could have retain or brought it if not for this. I rather have the freedom to toy with different color and set ups with less hassle to have more fun than slaving through months and months of farming just to get the configuration I want.
Its not a playstyle choice if you can simply use a different piece of equipment (that is not quite as good for your build, but still usable as you can use the gem combination you want) The game is forcing you to weigh up different options and choose what is most important to you.

The only time it affects your playstyle is if it is an end game item / final piece of gear for that character. And end game gearing is not meant to be as easy as gearing to merely enable a build.
1 word, 4B an dext chest ( full eva) is kinda dumb, why try on a chest, get some boots dex/int oder gloves and gg, but no trying to 4chrom an off colour on 4 socket ? and then QQ in Forum that you have spend 76chrom( which is nothing for this bs) :D
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
76 chromes

omg I had not even seen that part in the OP

LOL 76 CHROMES

IGN: Inshiterate
So this is art? Awful lousy way to make coin
Mexium,

Once your frustration subsides, if you are still interested in crafting this chest I would like to recommend the Vorici Chromatic Calsulator. It is a pretty good user tool where you put in the stat requirements of the item and the colors you want. The program will calculate the most likely route to achieve the colors you want and the average number of chromatic orbs it will take.

This might help choose a path for future crafting, and let you know what sort of investment to expect before starting the craft.
since when is 76 chromes a lot, thats chump change even to me and I tend to be broke lol
I dont see any any key!
"
GreatWhite47 wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
76 chromes

omg I had not even seen that part in the OP

LOL 76 CHROMES

It seems to you that "76 isnt much" because you yourself already spend like 200+ of the chromes, so yeah 76 isnt "much".
And nice to know your reading efforts fail.
Use this to determine the value of your chest:

http://poe.trade

Use this to determine the average amount of chromes required for whatever you want (and also which method is the cheapest):

http://siveran.github.io/calc.html

Use your brain to determine, based on item value and estimated chrome value, whether chroming is worth it.
Last edited by Alhoon on Apr 17, 2015, 1:12:10 PM
well my advice to the OP is

1. calm down, smoke a jay. you seem angry

2. either dont try to get four off colors (as you saw it takes tons of chromes) or prepare to use tons of Chromes also as others have suggested use the master thats what hes there for.
I dont see any any key!
I never bruteforce color bias. Socketing & linking is enough frustration already.

That said, 76 chorms is nothing. 3x click on 2 offcolor Vorici deal.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info