Fed up with this chrome crap.

Dont have 4 same colour redepie yet, i think its on lvl 7 and i need 36k for lvl 7

But i think it will be 500+ chromes since 3 blue is 285
IGN: Puskurcina
Last edited by Zguza_Do_Suz4 on Apr 17, 2015, 12:42:15 PM
"
Snuske wrote:
i don't mind chromatics at all ..
i can't tell you how many times i've spent around 500 chromatics on an item getting the right colours.
you have to remember that some items are way harder to get certain colours on

This to me is fair if we're talking 5/6s items.

If you're spending hundreds on just a 4s, that to me is too much. 4s/4l items are more or less a mandatory once you get to lvl50+ imo.. it shouldn't take hundreds to get 4r/b/g off color on a piece of gear that is 4s/4l. This is how I feel anyway.. obviously the game devs say otherwise.
there is not a 4 blu reci.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vorici,_Master_Assassin
"
Metronomy wrote:

Only the guarantee costs that much, if you can get away with 3 blues its exponentially less. PoE needs to be set up so that you make significant gearing choices, if you get everything you want then difficulty of the entire game is inevitably reduced.

I don't view chroming as part of the game's difficulty as you do but more of an annoyance that drives people away from the game because it limits their play style. I wonder how much more players they could have retain or brought it if not for this. I rather have the freedom to toy with different color and set ups with less hassle to have more fun than slaving through months and months of farming just to get the configuration I want.
"
Mexiun wrote:
Seriously spend 76 chromes on a chest to get 4 blue sockets, wasted all my other materials to buy those damn chromes only to get

1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
2 red, 2 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
2 red, 2 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
2 red, 2 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green

Fuck this shit seriously im enraged as hell.
Now i cant have the built i've been working on for the day, nice.

Who's idea was it to have this horrible HORRIBLE gameplay mechanic?

I know people are already laughing all over this thread but I will ask eitherway: In what kind of chest do you try to get these colours. Because it seems like you are tryung to get 4 blue on an evasion chest:P
If that's the case pls consider to do some research on this game's mechanics before posting in the forums.
pls?
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:
"
Mexiun wrote:
Seriously spend 76 chromes on a chest to get 4 blue sockets, wasted all my other materials to buy those damn chromes only to get

1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
2 red, 2 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
2 red, 2 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
2 red, 2 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green

I know people are already laughing all over this thread but I will ask eitherway: In what kind of chest do you try to get these colours. Because it seems like you are tryung to get 4 blue on an evasion chest:P
If that's the case pls consider to do some research on this game's mechanics before posting in the forums.
pls?

"pls" no, get outta here.
And i have my own built to try which is based off int and dex, the chest was the better chest for my built.
So... yeah.
If you want 4 blue sockets the expectation is that you want them in an int item. If that's not the case, you pay a penalty.
This thread delivers friday laffs
"
Mexiun wrote:
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:
"
Mexiun wrote:

1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
2 red, 2 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
2 red, 2 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
2 red, 2 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green

pls?

"pls" no, get outta here.
And i have my own built to try which is based off int and dex, the chest was the better chest for my built.
So... yeah.
Trying to get 4B on an Evasion chest is like trying to use a Baseball Bat as Hockey Stick.

It's a legitimate, logical game mechanic that's in place for a very good reason. If you have a hard time accepting this, you should quit playing Poe and go on a soul searching trip because life gets a lot harder than Chroms in Poe.
First: If you think 76 chromes are much - do you know how to get them? You don't have to find them as chromes. They drop quite frequently disguised as RGB 3 link items. Vendors also quite often sell those for a very small amount of currency.
Second: Does the BBBB setup have to be in the chest piece? Can't you perhaps get BBBBoots, gloves or helmet?

And yes, chroming can be very dissatisfying when going for 4 off-colours on a piece of gear. I'm still not sure if I like it.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info