Fed up with this chrome crap.

Now i get it, Vorici was the one having that table... well since i quit for a year because of this shit i totally forgot.
Its still not what i need, it still requires like 150 chromes.
"
Xavderion wrote:
No game is perfect boys :)

True, but this horrible gameplay mechainic is done on purpose, making this game FAR from perfect on purpose.
"
Zguza_Do_Suz4 wrote:
"
Mexiun wrote:
"
Zguza_Do_Suz4 wrote:
U can make 4 blue at Vorici for 250 chromes i think

Just for only 250? Man that sure is "cheap".
And what level? I cant find anything related to this and im at his spot now.

Not sure what lvl he need to be, ill check mine i think he is lvl 7, if he have 4 blue recepie i can do it for u

That would be nice, but mine is only level 5 and so far i cant do 4 of the same colour, just 1 red and 2 blue etc.
"
Mexiun wrote:
"
Zguza_Do_Suz4 wrote:

285 for 3 blues @ lvl 6

less than an EX in many markets.
"
choopk1993 wrote:
"
Metronomy wrote:
"
choopk1993 wrote:
Yup they need to do away with chromes entirely and let us configure the colors of our socket. Best QOL improvement imo. This kind of chrome frustrations made more people rage quit than gain players. It restricts game play severely.
1 word:

Vorici

Yet he does not give you all the available colors you want and yet you still have to spend stupid amounts of chromes to just the color you want to get your build going. If not for this frustrating system GGG would have a lot of players they can remove phy link because it is not fun. Chroming in this case is bull shit.
The cost is not really the point is it? You asked for a system to be implemented to configure colours of your sockets, and it has been. Cost is not really up to you, if your chest is not worth the 250+ chrome cost, then you need to consider either using a different gem setup or buying a better chest.

Only the guarantee costs that much, if you can get away with 3 blues its exponentially less. PoE needs to be set up so that you make significant gearing choices, if you get everything you want then difficulty of the entire game is inevitably reduced.
Last edited by Metronomy on Apr 17, 2015, 12:38:13 PM
Its definitely very annoying. Its not like getting currency stockpiled up is easy if you play mostly self-found.

To then have to drop multiple chaos worth of chromes just to be able to enable your build to progress in the game more easily is a very steep price.

I was trying to get 2b 1r 2g on a daresso's in Torment after I spent most of the currency I had just to buy it.. and then trying to get my colors took FOREVER. there were a couple days where I didn't even want to open up the game because I was so annoyed by this crap.

Not surprised that some people leave and don't come back. Stuff like this in the game stops you dead in your tracks and is more of a deterrent than anything else.

Of course people will say "it makes it so much better once you actually get it".. yeah ok, OR its so much better when I'm not stuck spending all my hard earned currency to wind up with nothing and progressing further in the game is hindered on account of it.

Just sucks and the feeling sucks and it makes you not want to play the game.
"
"
Mexiun wrote:
"
Zguza_Do_Suz4 wrote:

285 for 3 blues @ lvl 6

less than an EX in many markets.

That many and still not even a 4 colour...
Guess i'll just have to find someone to do it for me and hopefully not get scammed.
Thanks.
i don't mind chromatics at all ..
i can't tell you how many times i've spent around 500 chromatics on an item getting the right colours.
you have to remember that some items are way harder to get certain colours on
"
Denezen wrote:
Its definitely very annoying. Its not like getting currency stockpiled up is easy if you play mostly self-found.

To then have to drop multiple chaos worth of chromes just to be able to enable your build to progress in the game more easily is a very steep price.

I was trying to get 2b 1r 2g on a daresso's in Torment after I spent most of the currency I had just to buy it.. and then trying to get my colors took FOREVER. there were a couple days where I didn't even want to open up the game because I was so annoyed by this crap.

Not surprised that some people leave and don't come back. Stuff like this in the game stops you dead in your tracks and is more of a deterrent than anything else.

Of course people will say "it makes it so much better once you actually get it".. yeah ok, OR its so much better when I'm not stuck spending all my hard earned currency to wind up with nothing and progressing further in the game is hindered on account of it.

Just sucks and the feeling sucks and it makes you not want to play the game.

This is the truth.
I play this game after work and i want to have fun playing this game with the built i made up at work when i have nothing to do and hop on the computer to try out the built only to waste 200+ chromes and gain nothing of it.

I once found a new slightly better chest piece last year and thought "whatever, i need to putt in 4 sockets, link all 4 AND chrome all 4 in the colours i need..." and eventhough i was addicted back then i just didnt bother with that chest piece anymore, its still laying in my stash somewhere.

A game is not fun when you are afraid to try and progress and try new things, a game should motivate you and NOT punish you.
If you need 4 blues on 4 sockets, don't start with an evasion chest. Either use a pure intelligence chest or, at minimum, an int-hybrid chest.

Is the system perfect? No. How I'd fix it: using Vorici would force new sockets to roll, so if you buy 3 blue sockets and it's already got BBBG, it would force that last socket to change to either red or blue. It's stupid, imo, that it can stay the same. If it needs to cost a bit more to compensate, fine, but even as is, it only really helps with 4 sockets and lower, which shouldn't cost much, imo.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info