Fed up with this chrome crap.

its 4 sockets, the smart thing to do would be to realise youre not going to get it on a pure ev chest to start with, then put on a hat, gloves or boots that are ev+es hybrid and then chrom them 4b in like 20 chroms.

If you are planning an endgame build that requires all blue sockets on a 5 or 6 link then you have to use a chest that is hybrid with int, thats part of the planning.

Getting 2 blues on any bit of gear is easy as shit, just use the vorici 2 blue. Getting 3 blues is easy, just use the vorici 2 blue a couple of times. Getting 4 off colours? If you didnt know about that before, now you do, im sure we all made that mistake at least once and now we dont make it again.

Its possible, Ive done it many times, but you cant bank on it and attempting it with 75 chroms, you basically know you are going to fail with 99% certainty if you know what you are doing.
Next time he will be QQ about a 6l with 4B and 2Red on a full dext chest XDD ~23000chroms inc
The only thing I have contention with currency wise is that while leveling it's almost definitely not worth spending currency crafting items, fusing, chroming, etc. Seems weird that the game drops all these items while leveling but using them is generally a bad idea.
Probably you have already been told this, but pure evasion gear (the one only requiring DEX) is more likely to roll green sockets, same with all the rest of the gear.
Pure armor gear (requiring only STR) is more likely to roll red sockets, and pure energy shield gear (requiring only INT) is more likely to roll blue sockets. (Same for weapons, based on their stat requirement, mauls (STR) roll red most of the time, and axes (STR/DEX) roll red and green equally over blue sockets.

Then the hybrid gear is as likely to roll the two combined colors (Green and Red on Evasion/Armor gear that requires DEX/STR, for example) and less likely to roll the other one.

You HAVE TO take this into account when trying to get some color combos. And if you expect to get 4 off-colors (like the 4 blue sockets that looks like you were trying to get in a piece with only evasion and dex requirements) you better be ready to spend lots of chromes (unless you are lucky)...
If you happen to be ussing 3 Greens and 1 Blue in your 4-Linked Evasion/ES boots, you better try to reroll those into 4 Blue and get 3 Green and 1 Blue in your pure Evasion chest piece (for example).

Yeah, this can suck for certain builds or when you really NEED a certain gem combo on a specific unique that is not likely to roll those sockets, but you gotta live with it and accept that is a part of the game, the same that Kaom's Hearth is unlikely to drop.

But yeah, the first time you spend lots of chromes trying to get a color combination without being aware of how some pieces are more likely to roll some colors, it sucks. Just be happy that you learned your lesson. And even if it was a lot of chromes to you, worry not and keep playing, you will forget about them soon enough. Just be more careful not to waste currency like that unless you are sure about the risks and is REALLY NECESSARY (I once leveled to around 60 without a single 4-Link, just 3-Links and making a living out of it).
Last edited by Kaemonarch on Apr 17, 2015, 1:48:04 PM
The fact that some colours are hard to get on some pieces is an interesting game mechanic. It forces you to make a choice between a piece with a defence you might not want as much or at all to get easier colours or if you want to min max and spend a lot of chrome.

Its something you should be aware of before planning a build.

For example, I have before planned a build and then realised that my planned lightning coil will be tough to roll 5 blue on and had to reconsider.

Edit: Of course pre lc nerf
Last edited by DexDeus on Apr 17, 2015, 2:29:47 PM
"
Hyskoa wrote:
Chromes and fusing system is a horrible, horrible, horrible invention. Cannot stress how horrible a system it is.

I love the system, it's a great system imo.
"
Mexiun wrote:
Seriously spend 76 chromes on a chest to get 4 blue sockets, wasted all my other materials to buy those damn chromes only to get

1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
2 red, 2 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
2 red, 2 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green
2 red, 2 green
1 blue, 3 green
4 green

Fuck this shit seriously im enraged as hell.
Now i cant have the built i've been working on for the day, nice.

Who's idea was it to have this horrible HORRIBLE gameplay mechanic?

Getting a pair of pure intelligence gloves/boots/helmet must have been a very difficult task.

Pretty sure you could buy some for the low price of 75 chromatics. (leaving a single one to turn all the sockets blue obviously)

You are attacking a game system that you don't even understand completely or recognize its complications on a larger scale, why would anybody have to take you seriously?

I know i don't. I would have gotten what i wanted with roughly 8 chroms worth of currency. You wasted more because of ignorance and unwilling to learn or put the effort in.(as seen by your responses to people that are offering valuable information for you)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Millacus wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:
Chromes and fusing system is a horrible, horrible, horrible invention. Cannot stress how horrible a system it is.

In reality its not, as the only reason why that system exist is so you have currency sink. And in that, they limit the core thing in the game, what skill gem you can use, as the game doesnt have skill tree, so character customization is directly limited from what items you use.

So yes, the system is not that good. I hoped that with expansion we would get sockets on the character him self (more level you get, more gems you have on your body where you can put gems, and it can be limited to something like max 4 links or something), so you can be independent at least for some skill, and it would make playing the game and making build you want not so item depending.
Last edited by miljan on Apr 17, 2015, 2:43:14 PM
"
miljan wrote:
"
Millacus wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:

In reality its not, as the only reason why that system exist is so you have currency sink. And in that, they limit the core thing in the game, what skill gem you can use, as the game doesnt have skill tree, so character customization is directly limited from what items you use.

So yes, the system is not that good. I hoped that with expansion we would get sockets on the character him self (more level you get, more gems you have on your body where you can put gems, and it can be limited to something like max 4 links or something), so you can be independent at least for some skill, and it would make playing the game and build you want not so item depending.

In reality it provides choices to a player. Sometimes though choices.

And choices are good, if you have all the relevant information. Which clearly the OP has not.

Jewels and fusings are pure RNG, chromatics are skewed RNG. It can be influenced in your favor and a smart player or build designer will account for that in his design and take advantage of it.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
It's a good system, it gives worth to items. It's just too much, jewing and fusing alone would be enough but add chroming to that with its weighted RNG and it's too much.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info