So played PoE for a while then played d3... My reaction...

"
majesw wrote:
Fade: Why do you think Standard league economy is really bad?
It's been a few months for me, but I was buying/selling just fine there when I played. What's happened?

standards economy gets tons of leftovers dumped in it every few months hence why some folks choose to refer to it as "dumpster league"

I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:
Just ordered D3 RoS. Loved D3 in the beginning but got bored. Now I got bored of PoE and after they announced there would be a beta period and the fact that Act 4 is not going to be out soon I decided to not wait and just go back to d3 again. And RoS is supposed to be a lot better than vanilla D3.

It depends on If you like everything being account bound and and level scaling ROS ruined D3 for me

I play every game self found anyway ;)
"
ressiv wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:
Just ordered D3 RoS. Loved D3 in the beginning but got bored. Now I got bored of PoE and after they announced there would be a beta period and the fact that Act 4 is not going to be out soon I decided to not wait and just go back to d3 again. And RoS is supposed to be a lot better than vanilla D3.

It depends on If you like everything being account bound and and level scaling ROS ruined D3 for me

I play every game self found anyway ;)

then you might actually love ROS
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
majesw wrote:
It's been a few months for me, but I was buying/selling just fine there when I played. What's happened?

standards economy gets tons of leftovers dumped in it every few months hence why some folks choose to refer to it as "dumpster league"

Yeah, I know. But the economy still runs perfectly fine.
"
majesw wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
majesw wrote:

Yeah, I know. But the economy still runs perfectly fine.

there are many people who will disagree with you on that one lol
I dont see any any key!
"
FadeXF wrote:

This talk about build diversity - well - build diversity in POE is an illusion, exile. Like I've said: you can strap any 2-3 gems together and have a terrible tree, or in MY case have an alt gear set with enough stats at various levels that you don't even NEED to put a single point in your skill tree and STILL beat the game.
What is your definition of beating the game? Finishing the quests? Getting to level 80? Can't you finish all the quests and get to level 70 in 2 hours in RoS now?

"

When you speak build diversity you need to establish very specifically what your character is. Even despite the last most vocal poster in this thread wants to completely and totally ignore the facts of it: build diversity isn't as diverse as you would expect it to be especially if you are a min maxer who wants to move through maps quickly and not be at level 80 for 10 years. The list of legitimate, valid builds dwindles. Maybe not as low as D3, but it still dwindles. Talk about Uber Atziri and if you want to blow a billion in currency risking 100s of attempts for that "OMG I DID IT HAHAHAHAHAHA" moment that you FINALLY once in a blue moon fluke out and beat Uber with your completely trash glass cannon spec. "Legitimate" builds that can actually manage her? Yeah that's what I thought. But you can't be honest for a minute with it and will blow smoke up arguments just to argue or prove a point.
So if you're going to use Uber Atziri as a metric, compare it to the hardest boss in RoS. Which is what boss? And how many unique builds can do it?

"
Another major game killer for me and POE is specifically the "temp league" situation and me being the type of player who is a completionist. I happily "tested" OH sorry, I mean PLAYED in the temp leagues until Masters patch dropped a fat turd on my gaming lap. Since then - I STILL haven't finished some master's to level 8 - and I have no intentions of ever playing temp leagues again because I simply don't want to re level those all over again. That part sucks because being a trader game mainly before any mob killing, Standard economy IS really as bad as they say. So kind of ostracized from the way I want to play the game because of the very content they input into it. It's been INCREDIBLY hard on me to get back into POE when I look over my left and see D3 which has no bullshit - just hop in and play and get loot!
Temp leagues are bad in PoE but temp leagues (seasons) are good.

I'm just trying to get a grasp on your arguments. It seems like the things that you call negatives in PoE are Positives in D3, so I'm confused. And before you label me something, know that I played the hell out of D3. Got a Paragon 100 demon hunter before they made paragons account wide and easy to get by increasing difficulty levels. I bought RoS and played it a couple hours. It seemed to be the same game to me with a little more flexibility with adventure mode and stuff. But the itemization was pretty much the same, just with bigger numbers. I haven't uninstalled it yet, but I don't really have any desire to play it.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Fade is just in the honeymoon phase of D3, don't be too hard on him :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

He must be because as fun as d3 is for a while it gets OLD soooo fast lol
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

He must be because as fun as d3 is for a while it gets OLD soooo fast lol

Yeah I play around 20 hours each season and it's great for that but after 20 hours it becomes a snoozefest.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I've heard witches good and bad,
But the best witch that Ive ever heard was a
A D3 bashing Solwitch made with jam,
Yum, yum, yummy, yum, yum

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info