So played PoE for a while then played d3... My reaction...

Why is it, that some people can't praise PoE without trashing D3?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:

Because for many of us they are the exact opposites in terms of how those two games take on hack'n'slash aRPG genre. And on top of that many of us have expected a lot of D3 but all we've got was huge disappointment.

P.S. Why so many third installments of game franchises are terrible ... :/
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
Phrazz wrote:

When D3 is invoked (or POE) as having a better implementation or a preferred implementation, it opens up to comparisons and opinions about both.

Otherwise your options are talking about POE implementation and D3 implementation -- effectively talking past each other.

Seems pretty straight forward. Obviously there is a dignified manner to 'trash' something, a subtlety that is ignored, overlooked or completing lacking w/ so much of the community.
Last edited by Nubatron on Apr 16, 2015, 7:46:39 AM
so lets just imagine for a moment d3 doesn't exist... What would you be playing? Did you know you can imagine being outside of your body, but you can't seperate your body from your mind... I wonder why... Hmmmmm.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
solwitch wrote:
so lets just imagine for a moment d3 doesn't exist... What would you be playing? Did you know you can imagine being outside of your body, but you can't seperate your body from your mind... I wonder why... Hmmmmm.

When I am not playing PoE I go to my PoE shrine next room kneel down and worship and sing songs about PoE and PoE's father, GGG.

Just to show some respect.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Fade did a very good job describing the D3 system.
The problem I have that the game ends so quickly...
The weekend after the league opened my friends were farming T6 rifts. I just got to 70 last night (I missed the weekend), but no one runs stuff anymore since they've completed their characters. They all went back to Heroes of the Storm.

You could say that PoE is the same, but at least here we have an economy to take part in, and there's a few more things to do than rift/GR. Keeps things interesting for some of us.
I actually liked D3 better before ROS

ROS did two things I really hated

Made all worthwhile stuff account bound

Made everything scale to your level, god I hate level scaling in games Skyrim is my favorite example as in that game I felt weaker as I leveled instead of stronger.
I dont see any any key!
Just ordered D3 RoS. Loved D3 in the beginning but got bored. Now I got bored of PoE and after they announced there would be a beta period and the fact that Act 4 is not going to be out soon I decided to not wait and just go back to d3 again. And RoS is supposed to be a lot better than vanilla D3.
"
ressiv wrote:
Just ordered D3 RoS. Loved D3 in the beginning but got bored. Now I got bored of PoE and after they announced there would be a beta period and the fact that Act 4 is not going to be out soon I decided to not wait and just go back to d3 again. And RoS is supposed to be a lot better than vanilla D3.

It depends on If you like everything being account bound and and level scaling ROS ruined D3 for me
I dont see any any key!
Fade: Why do you think Standard league economy is really bad?
It's been a few months for me, but I was buying/selling just fine there when I played. What's happened?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info