So played PoE for a while then played d3... My reaction...

Cooldowns aren't fun. They're just a way to make killing monsters take longer and artificially add depth.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Why quote me if you dodge literally everything you quoted?

Saying PoE has no build diversity while trying to make points for why d3 is better just makes your whole wall of text a complete joke.
Last edited by Splift on Apr 16, 2015, 12:39:00 AM
"
Splift wrote:

Saying PoE has no build diversity while trying to make points for why d3 is better just makes your whole wall of text a complete joke.
So in your first post you say started playing at ros and are surprised how littles changed, ros came out 2 years or so after the vanilla and the game no form of ongoing revenue so why after 3 years since the release of the game should they still be pumping new content out? Then you complain you feel like a hamster on a wheel having to rotate skills instead of spamming one but say the game has no diversity and only one build per class.
"
vector292 wrote:
"
Splift wrote:

So in your first post you say started playing at ros and are surprised how littles changed, ros came out 2 years or so after the vanilla and the game no form of ongoing revenue so why after 3 years since the release of the game should they still be pumping new content out? Then you complain you feel like a hamster on a wheel having to rotate skills instead of spamming one but say the game has no diversity and only one build per class.
Sorry, you are trying to say?

I guess at the end you are trying to say I contradict myself?

Last season I played 90% of the players were DH or monk all using the exact same gear and skills.

I say RoS has barely changed because its true. Look how much PoE has changed in the same time, you can't even compare...... and thats before you factor in 2.0.

EDIT: ok I see now you are saying the game has no more money incoming so how are they adding proper new content and likewise how can I critisise them for whatever on that basis.

Fact is in total d3 has made a mountian of cash compared to PoE, even the ongoing sales still dwarf poe's revenue stream and yet blizzard throws that $$$ into wow and hearthstone and puts a few guys on the development team for d3 while GGG has 53 staff members.
Last edited by Splift on Apr 16, 2015, 1:17:42 AM
I'll agree that D3s build diversity sucks at the very end when your chasing the highest-level grifts, and that PoE has much greater build diversity than D3 on a good day. To me however D3 has never been about arriving at the final end-build, and more about the journey there (compared to PoE, where levels 1-60 are more of a chore to get out of the way before the real game starts).

The attractor to me in D3 has always been the spontaneous nature of build development. If I had my way, set items would be much more difficult to acquire, giving players more time spent in mid-range Torment rankings trying to figure out what items and skills work best out of what they have available.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Personally I can safely say I love both games, they are both good at what they are trying to be.
Even if they are both ARPGs they are vastly different.
There are things in POE I would want in D3 and there are things in D3 I would want in POE.

I'm alternating between the 2 games when I need my ARPG fix but in my opinion the leagues/seasons are far too long in both games, 1-2 months is more than enough, at the end of the 3-4 month leagues both games are pretty empty (which is when it's time to go over to the other game).
And I for one don't enjoy the permanent leagues one bit in either game, I like to start fresh.

And for some reason some people seem to think you have to stick to one or the other and bash the other one without any factual reasons.
Last edited by TiasE on Apr 16, 2015, 2:18:06 AM
i got d3 and dont waste my time playing , because i realy dont like the item set are class restriction and all item limitation ,that make me feel wow :(
i realy like poe is old school style + the game add a lot of new feature is just perfect
poe is realy my best game , over 10 year i`m waiting for a game like this :)
thank ggg team good job
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
D3 was an awesome 6 month game. I never looked back after I lost interest though.
"
FadeXF wrote:

Thanks FadeXF for nice write up on D3:ROS. I might grab the expansion and fire up my old D3 to see how it goes. It might even happen sooner than later because I'm not sure I will be playing alot of PoE until Act4 is released unless GGG introduces some interesting races/temp leagues while we wait for CB to finish.
D3 had alot of improvements and i enjoy playing it. not for long, but im in on every new season start. havnt played PoE for along time but i think there are still alot of major flaws. lets see what the new patch brings.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info