So played PoE for a while then played d3... My reaction...

"
Strange for a Game that's so Garbage more people watch it on Twitch then the so called "Masterpiece" PoE hehe. After all the time i spent on D2 and the memories i made could never bash the Diablo Series even tough D3 didn't end up being the Game i wanted.

Justin Bieber > Beethoven confirmed
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Only POE members are so obsessed with d3 and shitting on it.

Both games are really good. They are very popular. PoE is most of the time on first page on twitch same as d3. In both games you have people that played it for 1000h, and people that play it for 40h.

D3 has shit ton of problems, but so does PoE, and they have shit ton of good things also.
I recently started playing D3 and I actually enjoy it (here, I said it) and here's why:
- the mechanics are very intuitive and newbie-friendly, it doesn't take much to understand the game basics whereas PoE has a very demanding learning curve,
- the game feels good, in PoE you can't wait for your character to get to early endgame, because that's when you feel you start making an impact whereas in D3 you can have fun even with those few tools the game is giving you early on,
- some mechanics are better, for example I love how fury works for Barbarian, contrary to the PoE mana system it makes perfect sense (at least for Barbarian),
- the game looks better, I played over 2,000 hours in PoE and I'll add much more to that number once the Awekening is released. But D3 simply looks better. That's my opinion at least.

I'm not saying that D3 is a better game. It isn't. But it's definitely a good game worth playing when the devs are screwing around are giving you a ridiculous timer for a closed beta.
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q
Last edited by Weißenberg on Apr 16, 2015, 4:21:20 PM
D3 is fine for what it offers, basically an arcade style hack-n-slash game.

Its only flaw is being named after an actual RPG franchise. I still play it from times to times when i just want to smash shit without thinking.
The console version of d3 is more fitting; that game does not deserve to be on PC like PoE. It's an insult to our intelligence.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
I played D3 when ROS came out, then again for 2 weeks when season 1 started and that time i was a little surprised that actually d3's famous "feel of the character" wasn't that much better..

for example if you take my favorite, Demon Hunter, level it up to 70 and then take my level 86 "DH"-Scion, there is actually very little difference, casting curses/EC or whatever is a bit clunky, but then again castingtime is needed (or is it for curses/buffs?)
d:-D*
"
miljan wrote:
Only POE members are so obsessed with d3 and shitting on it.
Look at gamefaqs forums or to a lesser extent (due to moderation) the d3 forums.

People who "strictly" play d3 and not poe are very salty about the opposing game as well, in fact I dare say even more so.

Main difference is in poe forum/chat its almost complete agreement as to what one is better but on d3 media its an argument.
Last edited by Splift on Apr 16, 2015, 5:26:45 PM
The usual arguments vs PoE on D3 forums are 1. desync 2. slow clunky shit (because they only play the first 10 levels or so) and 3. looks worse then Runescape

Pretty weak imo especially if desync gets fixed.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
solwitch wrote:
The console version of d3 is more fitting; that game does not deserve to be on PC like PoE. It's an insult to our intelligence.

Solwitch is wiser that most folks give him credit for
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:

Solwitch is wiser that most folks give him credit for

There are three rules:
1. no bright light
2. don't get him wet
3. never feed him after midnight

You broke rule 3. History will have a special place for you Sir.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info