If you could add 1 feature of D3 to POE; what would it be?

"
grepman wrote:
resource generators and spenders balanced proportionally. it was a good idea theory-wise, but they butchered it a lot in d3 to the point no one really cared much for it. too bad, it was a cool idea

otherwise, Id add the more dynamic and fluid combat when it feels you actually are hitting things.
Well the concept of having different resources for each class really has no place in poe. Also the idea of mana, converting es to mana to different ways to use life as a resource is really great imo, poe is not lacking in this department compared to say, d2 where resource literally means 100% zilch.

I do think they should ad a few more animations for casting/attacking and 2 or 3 crit animations for attacking and casting as well. That would go a long way.
User interface. Or at the very least, moving the health and mana globes towards the center of the screen.

Concerning gameplay, I'd have said "better elites encounters like in D3" 1.5 years ago, but Nemesis and Bloodlines covered that. The way elites encounters change the gameplay for a short amount of time is still better in D3 though.
IGN : @Morgoth
"
Felix35071 wrote:

Beams of light that make it REALLY hard to miss Unique items.

THIS :)
Stones of recall at the end of dungeons

I sometimes skip corrupted areas just because i'm sick of having to run all the way back out. It seems a bit pointless
IGN: AmandaPalmer, DresdenDoll, The_Killing_Type, MurderVictim
Didn't read the whole thing, apologize if this has already been covered. Would really like one feature from D2 - secret cow levels.
"
Ebrelle wrote:
Didn't read the whole thing, apologize if this has already been covered. Would really like one feature from D2 - secret cow levels.

The unicorn level in D3 did make me laugh pretty hard. The novelty wore off quickly and there was no real utility with the level though so it died a silent death with a tombstone that read: "Great for a few laughs, but probably not worth the time to develop."

In regards to the general discussion revolving around the D3 and POE comparisons:

D3 definitely fills a niche. I personally believe D3 to be a game that lacks depth in complexity, lore and character development. That being said, there is a niche for a game where you are 'spoon fed' builds/equipment and it should be filled. It is a shame that the Diablo series filled it, but such is life.

I personally enjoyed D3 and only left because of the BOA junk. All for the better, found POE as a result and there is no going back....this bell can't be unrung, it's like upgrading to a more attractive GF (don't view me as shallow, I'm not just talking about physically)-- you won't go back to the old one :)
Restricted Trading and increased Chance to find Items and Currency.

Its extremely rewarding in D3 and would be even better in Poe as you could finally use the Orbs for their effects instead of just collecting insane amounts and trading them for items.
IGN: Nuppimperator
"
nuppimperator wrote:
Restricted Trading and increased Chance to find Items and Currency.

Its extremely rewarding in D3 and would be even better in Poe as you could finally use the Orbs for their effects instead of just collecting insane amounts and trading them for items.

Suum cuique.

Not sure even POE would survive my exodus with this choice. D3 definitely did not. Obviously me leaving is very important...JK :)

In all seriousness, if they did go that direction I would be thankful for the time that I had here and fondly remember the game as one of the best I ever played.
QoL features over and over and over again. Seems like there'll come a lot of QoL features with the next patch for PoE, but more QoL never hurts, like:

"
Account name instead of character name while talking in chat.

"
Stones of recall at the end of dungeons

I sometimes skip corrupted areas just because i'm sick of having to run all the way back out. It seems a bit pointless

Identify all items in the inventory

Light beam for uniques

More stuff to guide new players

I'd say QoL overall counts as "1"
Acient items!

Spoiler

Last edited by I__C on Apr 16, 2015, 8:47:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info