If you could add 1 feature of D3 to POE; what would it be?

"
Inb4 auction house

huehue ;)

proof you haven't read the thread lol!
"
Brayzz wrote:
Endgame Racing, something like Greater Rifts but in combination with the PoE Races. Dont need to copy the same content.

Everyone can use 1 high level char from the new challange leagues to race and everyone start at the same time, there could be different races like kill Atziri or clear the map etc. and similiar like the low level races in PoE top players get rewarded. This would be amazing and push people to play longer to get upgrade their chars and another motivation to get level 100.

... I hate to say it, but we'd need bind on pickup items before that was even remotely fair. Havoc and Throzz and whoever else are one thing, but a lot of the slots for prizes a tier lower than them would be filled with RMTers that just bought themselves fast characters by stealing someone else's build.

This is why I like the low level focus on PvP that GGG has built. It seems less susceptible to that.

With that said, my choice is not "bind on pickup" items, I hate those. It's "plus flat attacks per second" modifiers (to be multiplicative with attack speed, adding to the *base* aps, the same way flat damage works), at least on weapons. I want 2-handed weapons to be able to compete with daggers. It is ridiculous that 2-handed weapons cannot compete with daggers. I sincerely think that a flat attacks per second modifier, which would clearly benefit slow weapons more than fast ones, would allow more balance there.
Last edited by codetaku on Apr 15, 2015, 11:53:11 AM
"
Whoaness wrote:
"
Sinzeek wrote:
there's only 1 thing that D3 did better than PoE. Fluidity, especially in combat.
D3 looks good and plays good. Character development wise, meh.

D3 doesn't have fluid combat. You only feel that way because you can't miss and there's no desync (because it's an offline game despite what Blizzard says).

When i compare how the combat "looks" - there´s no way how you could say poe combat is more fluid - or either you´re a blinded man by atziris four nipples.^^

edit; or you looked to long on templar char screen .. o.o
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Last edited by Spysong192 on Apr 15, 2015, 12:11:05 PM
I would love timed maps or challenge level maps that would be similar to Greater Rifts in D3.

http://www.diablowiki.net/Greater_Rifts <-- For anyone unfamiliar.

I think having some sort of mod that can roll on maps, or different base types of maps that drops is the way to go.

Here's a quick example since I'm at work:

Shipyard - 77
+40% Increased Pack Size
23% Magic Monsters
+150% Item Rarity off Map Boss when completed in 8 minutes

or

Shipyard - 77
+40% Increased Pack Size
23% Magic Monsters
+1-5% bonus exp / loot if Map is finished in 3:30

These are just loose examples, but I like having a challenge. I think this mix of variation in mods paired with the added challenge of fulfilling secondary goals within maps would add a really dynamic layer to the end game.

"
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:
the ability to level without having to repeat three difficulties

One of my longer rants long ago was about the wastefulness of the Maps mechanics -- I think GGG should open it up once a person finishes Normal to give us a non-narrative leveling option that still delivers what most people enjoy: mindless level clearing and boss smashing with resulting loot haulage. If a person wants to play the Cruel and Merciless acts for the quest rewards, so be it.

I never thought of this for PoE. I love the idea. At this point I've played through the story literally over 100 times. I really don't need to see it anymore, and would love to just roll level 30+ maps after beating the game once, or do bounties where the zone was at my character level and get to endgame that way.

That seems like an obvious improvement. The people must cry out to make their feelings known.
"
Fonnypwn wrote:
THANKS AND PLEASE FEEDBACK IS WELCOME!

Wall of text. I'm blind.
"
Do_odle wrote:
Monks... and more martial artsy oriented unarmed skills. would just be happy with fists of thunder to be honest... Flicker Strike + Static Strike.. Kreygasm

Don't know about d3 monk,but GGG pls give us the Combo+Finisher system from the assasins in d2 plz plz plz
dual wielding little cross bows was fun perhaps they could add that
I dont see any any key!
"
Spysong192 wrote:
"
Whoaness wrote:
"
Sinzeek wrote:
there's only 1 thing that D3 did better than PoE. Fluidity, especially in combat.
D3 looks good and plays good. Character development wise, meh.

D3 doesn't have fluid combat. You only feel that way because you can't miss and there's no desync (because it's an offline game despite what Blizzard says).

When i compare how the combat "looks" - there´s no way how you could say poe combat is more fluid - or either you´re a blinded man by atziris four nipples.^^

edit; or you looked to long on templar char screen .. o.o

When it comes to animations D3 is way better because they obviously threw way more money at it. Combat feels really good in D3, it's by far the game's biggest merrit.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Hmmm, from D3.....nothing I can think of save being able to inspect others, and a less clunky inventory system.
Last edited by Maedrath on Apr 15, 2015, 1:08:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info