Will hitting level 100 be easier in the expansion?

"
andkamen wrote:
"
Hitting level 100 should not be an metric of anything, it is not "hard" to level to 100. It's a metric of time. Length isn't a measure of difficulty most of the time.

ok dude. Try it out on hc...

Even on HC the chances of a character dying after 94 are extremely low. Level 100 is just a matter of time and pointless dedication
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
I think that they should make it harder to get to level 100 while at the same time, give us about a dozen more skill points to run the builds we would like to roll with. Obviously a little balance would be required.
It shouldn't be "easier" or "harder", it should be LESS BORING, and bring at least some sort of benefit.
Grinding a couple of lv78-79 maps forever is not my definition of hard.
I find it humorous that this entire thread is talking about the ease of hitting 100, when only a couple people in the thread actually have hit 100.
I would bet that the majority of players never hit 100.
Granted is is faster then it was back in the day, arguably easier (I believe it is).
However to say it is too easy when most players, most ACTIVE players never hit 100, tells me it either is still hard or takes too much time/effort. Neither scenario is easy.
You know it takes to farm? It takes BRASS BALLS to farm items and currency. Go and do likewise gents. Currency is out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you.
A.B.F. --- Always Be Farming
Last edited by jadenharrow on Apr 15, 2015, 2:14:08 AM
It also looks silly when a bunch of people pile up the 100s in a ladder. It should be an exceptional achievement, not the norm.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
"
jadenharrow wrote:
I find it humorous that this entire thread is talking about the ease of hitting 100, when only a couple people in the thread actually have hit 100.
Granted is is faster then it was back in the day, arguably easier (I believe it is).
However to say it is too easy when most players, most ACTIVE players never hit 100, tells me it either is still hard or takes too much time/effort. Neither scenario is easy.

Again, and I'm really tired of having to spell this out, this isn't about personal standards. This is about the overall intention GGG had to make level 100 take *years* to hit, even for no-lifers. That intention has not really been fulfilled, if we look at how many level 100s there are and the fact that people do seem to hit it (or get very close) in the temporary leagues.

The majority of players have never even made it to regular Map play. What the majority of players do or do not do is not really relevant to this argument.

Since the game was released in full it has never taken anyone "years to hit 100". If this is GGG intention I don't see it mentioned anywhere. I also don't see it implemented in game. It never has been.
I feel that GGG is pretty good about changing what they intend to be in the game. So if this was some illustrious goal of theirs they have horribly failed and from what I can tell have never openly told anyone.

I think what the majority of active players do is relevant and I am sure it is relevant to GGG as well. Me, you and Clive and many many others have thousands of hours into this game. None of us have 100 characters. In fact in this entire thread I could only find one person.
Hitting 100 is the exception and does take years for most people, myself and yourself included.

EDIT:

As to the rankings for the amount of 100's

I am going to assume going off just steam log in numbers, those are fractions of a percent of the active players. Less then 1% of all players.
You know it takes to farm? It takes BRASS BALLS to farm items and currency. Go and do likewise gents. Currency is out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you.
A.B.F. --- Always Be Farming
Last edited by jadenharrow on Apr 15, 2015, 2:33:56 AM
"
jadenharrow wrote:
"
"
jadenharrow wrote:

Again, and I'm really tired of having to spell this out, this isn't about personal standards. This is about the overall intention GGG had to make level 100 take *years* to hit, even for no-lifers. That intention has not really been fulfilled, if we look at how many level 100s there are and the fact that people do seem to hit it (or get very close) in the temporary leagues.

The majority of players have never even made it to regular Map play. What the majority of players do or do not do is not really relevant to this argument.

Since the game was released in full it has never taken anyone "years to hit 100". If this is GGG intention I don't see it mentioned anywhere. I also don't see it implemented in game. It never has been.
I feel that GGG is pretty good about changing what they intend to be in the game. So if this was some illustrious goal of theirs they have horribly failed and from what I can tell have never openly told anyone.

I think what the majority of active players do is relevant and I am sure it is relevant to GGG as well. Me, you and Clive and many many others have thousands of hours into this game. None of us have 100 characters. In fact in this entire thread I could only find one person.
Hitting 100 is the exception and does take years for most people, myself and yourself included.

Actually most of us choose not to try. The same reason I don't choose to knock brick walls down with my face. It is time consuming, incredibly boring, and rather painful.

However as it is, if you've got the patience to grind away at it, you can get it in a 3 month league. It should be impossible though, unless you play 24 hours a day, perhaps in shifts, or you die during the course of it.

That is until content reaches that point. Until then, it should be the most painful and grueling experience of your life. No one should be able to do it without collapsing into some kind of repetitive PoE induced insanity.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Apr 15, 2015, 2:41:12 AM
I already play more than I should. It's already going to take me years to get ONE of my characters to level 100, let alone all seven starting points.
Why make it even longer in order to target the very few people that have litterally nothing else to do of their time?
If they really want to have year-long goals for everyone, why not have unlimited levels, and a few "exit nodes" with very low stats that you can take as many times as you want?
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:
"

Personally I hope it is easier. Its fun to see people reach 100 in the 3 mnth league, and if the possibility of me hitting 100 in 3 mnth league is there, the game will be that much more fun for me.

As you said: for you.
Design choices are made for a player base. Not for you. I sure don't want to be level 100 in three months. Ever

Have you ever been lvl 100 ever?...

Maybe we shld rephrase that getting to lvl 90 shld take mre than 3 mnths because based on the data and not anecdotal ramblings, less than .1% of the league EVER reaches 100 in both hc/sc challenge leagues combined.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
It also looks silly when a bunch of people pile up the 100s in a ladder. It should be an exceptional achievement, not the norm.

For someone who has not gotten past 85, can easily say watching the ladder would be the last thing on my mind when grinding maps, unless you play 24/7 so your name is on the top i couldnt imagine any reason to give them attention for playing obscene amounts of hours while the norm you know sleep.
**Iv said it once ill say it again if someone doesnt have a peice of gear that went legacy you _____________________________clearly didnt want to play the build at the time it was OP.**__________________

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info