Will hitting level 100 be easier in the expansion?

Never understod this debat "is it to easy to get to lvl 100, as someone in the tread pointed out it often comes down to how much time its takes, yeah sure HARD is a factor in HC, but its really the time aspect that kills it for most people.

lets look up some numbers:

right now there is 274 lvl 100 on the leader boarders (dont know if they are removed if people delete the chars)

the leader boarders contains 60000 chars. (standard,HC,BL and torment)

so around 0,5% for the leader boarders are lvl 100..

if you look at steam spy, there is around 2mill people with POE in their steam library (lets factor out the people who use the launcer) because i dont have the numbers.

so around 0,01% of all the people who ever downloaded the game made it to 100.

now to the time aspect.

lets say you can reach lvl 100 by playing around 3~ hours a day during a 3 month race, thats around 270 hours. Dont know if this is reasonable (never made it that far) so if someone knows, ill edit the numbers.
back to steam spy, the avg played time within the last 14 days is 13~ hours, thats 0,94 hours per day,

So it will take the avg player around 285 days to get to 100...

personal i never made higher than early 80~ bacause it gets to repetitive for ME, so i re-roll..

So back on topic.. is it to EASY ?? maybe, if you are in softcore then its all about time.. so is the time on spot ?? 0,8 year to lvl 100 for the avg person ?..

IMO: I think the lvling is pretty okay, and the curve is pretty good until 82-88.. after that the XP gain in stupid, and thats why i will never get it 100. its simply unattainable for a player like me. should it be ? NO!. but i would love to see just a small adjustment to the lvl curve, not hugh, just small. I really hope they will make higher lvl MAPS, because thats the other side, i dont wanna beat the crap out of underlvl'ed mobs, i want to make them put up a fight.. ! not make the game LONGER! but HARDER!!
"
xRoque wrote:
"
It also looks silly when a bunch of people pile up the 100s in a ladder. It should be an exceptional achievement, not the norm.

For someone who has not gotten past 85, can easily say watching the ladder would be the last thing on my mind when grinding maps, unless you play 24/7 so your name is on the top i couldnt imagine any reason to give them attention for playing obscene amounts of hours while the norm you know sleep.

Well, I agree with you. I know I don't concern myself with it. It is solely for those with a lot of time on their hands. However, I still have to keep them in mind when discussing the scope of the game. There are many kinds of players.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
unless they make exp penalty even tougher and remove the 2% min efficiency then I dont see how they can make leveling harder.

My guess is it will be roughly the same but it wont be made easier.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
hopefully it will be a little bit easier (or even less monotone) to get to level 90-93 .. then it can became harder .. and hopefully harder than it is now to reach 100
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
The number 1 in T/BL 1MHC just hit 100.
Casually casual.

"
I don't want it to be harder for myself. I want it to be harder, period. Almost impossible, which is what GGG intended to begin with.

Not all feedback or attitude has to come from a place of purely selfish intentions. Think bigger. Think broader. Think beyond just yourself.

Or don't. Takes all sorts, I guess.

Why ? why hard for the sake of hard ?

I really dont think selfish when i say the game i complex enough as is. I have failed to convince 1.. 1 of friends to keep playing, just because the INSANE learing curve in this game. look at how LOL does it, EASY as fuck to learn, hard to master. you can DL the game and go nuts and have a blast.. in POE, NOPE.. Most people will never understand what to do, unless you like "US" read stuff on this forum, look at countless hours on youtube and twich.tv, and spend even more time on the wiki, to learn suffix, prefix. builds guides..

and sometimes i thinks its a bit sad that GGG cater to so few people, because ALOT of people are missing out of IMO one of the best games i have ever played..
The only way to make levelling harder rather than just stupidly longer is to gate it with achievements. For example :
+Level 90 gated by killing normal Atziri.
+Level 95 gated by killing all map bosses.
+Level 100 gated by killing über Atziri.

This seems way more reasonable than having the game be gated by decades of playing for normal players.

PS : I dropped trying to get to level 100 on Diablo II, simply because the time required for getting there would have been insane. I sincerely hope I won't have to do the same with PoE.
getting all map bosses by 95 is ridiculously easy, people get that done before they do atziri.

Atziri isn't hard per say but it pigeon holes HC builds in a certain direction if they want to do it and gating 90 behind it just means that people will be buying the kill.

Gating 100 by uber atziri...that just bad.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
The only way to make levelling harder rather than just stupidly longer is to gate it with achievements. For example :
+Level 90 gated by killing normal Atziri.
+Level 95 gated by killing all map bosses.
+Level 100 gated by killing über Atziri.

This seems way more reasonable than having the game be gated by decades of playing for normal players.

PS : I dropped trying to get to level 100 on Diablo II, simply because the time required for getting there would have been insane. I sincerely hope I won't have to do the same with PoE.

Like andkamen mentioned, you cant hide level achievements, which all characters eventually want and desire behind content designed around specific builds and counterplays.

Not to mention it would be silly and be counter-intuitive with the whole "open world" feel PoE allows, as in, do whatever the fuck you want how the fuck you want it.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
lolz - reading this thread is amusing so many ppl says it's too easy to get to 100. Anything past about 85-88 is boring as hell with huge map exp penalty so I dont care for anything past that. I think I made a couple in mid 90s and that took a whole season.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info