Will hitting level 100 be easier in the expansion?

"
Antnee wrote:
I'm almost positive it'll be harder. Chris has expressed a concern with how fast people are reaching 100.

This is what I expect as well.

Will be very tricky to pull off well.
Noblesse oblige
"

I take it you mean from the start of Open Beta. And I don't think your achievement contradicts anything, since it's been over two years since the Last Great Wipe of Jan '13.

dont you think that reaching 100 as done in the last SC temp league in aroun 14 days playtime (340 hours!!!) is damn much enough for the fact that you are running ~240 of those hours on 4 maptiles with the same build without any meaningful progression?

I mean even if you "nolife" 8h everyday, purely on strict farming it would take you 42 days of straight playing without pause. Its insane.

Im fine with the leveling curve atm. 90 is reachable with a bit masochism, everything beyond is just pure insanity and shouldnt take longer as it does now...
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
I take it you mean from the start of Open Beta. And I don't think your achievement contradicts anything, since it's been over two years since the Last Great Wipe of Jan '13.

I mean closed beta. I created him in closed beta. Sure, he was wiped and was a level 1 at the start of open beta when I began playing him again.

It was no achievement, it was just time. That it has been over two years was exactly my point. Levelling to 100 took 'over a year'. Why? Because I don't play like I'm supposed to. Similarly, respeccing (between free respecs, which themselves are a contradiction) isn't easy, because I don't play as GGG intend, which is another one of their old ideals, respeccing should not be easy, character, build, passive point commitments and all that.

Just 2 examples among many, chaining (or not as it were) end tier maps being another. So why does my game experience, progression, commitment, restriction, reflect GGG's vision closely yet here we are debating how it is too quick to lvl to 100, people can and do chain 78s, people do full respecs at the drop of a hat, mid league?

Because GGG messed up with one simple blanket policy 'we are against any kind of binding'. Before the usual replies from the usual people referencing D3 and how everything account bound is the shits, I agree. But there are light years of possibilities between full, free trade of everything from everyone to everyone and a model of no trade at all. There are tools, different levels at which the tools can be used.

But GGG would have had to go back on their blanket policy, eat their words, while we have seen them (rightly so in many cases) change their policy, go where they said they wouldn't and introduce what they were against for the good of the game, the elephant in the room appears to be some holy ground they will not walk on.

It is 2015 for crying out loud, modern communication made unrestricted global trading of anything and everything such that the game experience could never be what GGG envisioned, that was apparent 10+ years ago. How they missed it is beyond me.
Casually casual.

I asked something similar in another thread; what would you (in GGG's place) restrict then?

(if you are going to say something like Uber Atziri drops, I can ask "why have something that broken in first place?")
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 14, 2015, 11:04:27 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Because GGG messed up with one simple blanket policy 'we are against any kind of binding...............
But GGG would have had to go back on their blanket policy, eat their words
Why would they? The economy is a feature of this game. One of its strengths. Sure some players unjustly hate it (you can never please everyone). Even I am not a fan of spending huge amounts of time in trade. But guess what? If i just sell a bit lower and buy a bit higher now any given trade takes less than 5 mins (complex ones, simple ones even less).

It gets you more in tune with the items, even ones you will never use. And that is a good thing in a game that is heavily item based like this. It gives items more weight and meaning.

The most successful arpg ever (d2) had a more convoluted, harder to understand, more unbalanced and more time consuming economy/trade system. Yet in spite of many of those flaws, most would still consider it a strength overall.
"
Splift wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Because GGG messed up with one simple blanket policy 'we are against any kind of binding...............
But GGG would have had to go back on their blanket policy, eat their words
Why would they? The economy is a feature of this game. One of its strengths. Sure some players unjustly hate it (you can never please everyone). Even I am not a fan of spending huge amounts of time in trade. But guess what? If i just sell a bit lower and buy a bit higher now any given trade takes less than 5 mins (complex ones, simple ones even less).

It gets you more in tune with the items, even ones you will never use. And that is a good thing in a game that is heavily item based like this. It gives items more weight and meaning.

The most successful arpg ever (d2) had a more convoluted, harder to understand, more unbalanced and more time consuming economy/trade system. Yet in spite of many of those flaws, most would still consider it a strength overall.

Those were not flaws, my friend. Those were game design pre jsp.

I'll quote Chris "I've spent much of six years arguing that trading should not be easy".

He had the right idea, but didn't do anything about it, simply not providing easy trading wasn't sufficient in modern times, with modern communication. He didn't use the tools available to counter what would inevitably happen.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 14, 2015, 11:17:37 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
I would say that the game (d2) was not even designed for it. It was something that organically formed.
Last edited by Splift on Apr 14, 2015, 11:06:37 PM
"
Splift wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
I would say that the game (d2) was not even designed for it. It was something that organically formed.

Same thing.

No, really, it is.

Post jsp D2, though, completely not by design.
Casually casual.

That aside, was that just a comment? Or was it supposed to be a counter argument of some sort?

Failing to see whether it was design or not being relevant to an economy and trade being positive.
Last edited by Splift on Apr 14, 2015, 11:21:50 PM
"

Personally I hope it is easier. Its fun to see people reach 100 in the 3 mnth league, and if the possibility of me hitting 100 in 3 mnth league is there, the game will be that much more fun for me.

As you said: for you.
Design choices are made for a player base. Not for you. I sure don't want to be level 100 in three months. Ever
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info