Will hitting level 100 be easier in the expansion?

Then it simply isn't possible to get to something "hard" rather than "painfully long". I hope they don't attempt to make it any longer, like Bliz' did in DiabloII.
"
221 people have hit 100 on Standard. That seems fair enough, but does look silly, as Clive said.

You do realize its combined ladder, std plus ambush/torment/all the temp sc leagues/dead hc chars/etc ?

You do realize its permanent league, ppl doing here nothing but playing maps (a lot of maps collected), and getting to 100 is like single end-game/goal which exist right now.

As you mention few times, game is not balanced around perma leagues, and if you look at results (and you did) of all temp leagues, there is like ~10 nolifers getting to 100 each league for SC (less for HC), level of dedication to get to 100 there is over9000, already. Making it harder makes NO sense. "leveling to 100 should take years" is in fact balancing around perma leagues.

Basically, if its true and leveling to 100 going to be harder, its pathetic since GGG did not bring new end-game in upcoming patch (as I got), yet made current one even more boring :)

Also, its so funny to listen what leveling to 100 should take longer from person who honestly believe lvl 85 is soft cap right now. :D

Also, why leveling to 100 should take years?
-Few extra skill points? it does not make you significantly better.
-To make ppl busy for years? there is 7 classes to get to lvl 100, so there is something to do anyway. And you can lvl same class to 100 too if you wish.
-Some uber goal? Dunno, after Havoc got to 100 and rest 220 ppl it is not anything special anymore. Too late to change it.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
Last edited by qquno on Apr 15, 2015, 8:46:22 AM
yeah soft cap is in now way 85. Not even 90. If you are getting 5-8% exp per map then you are still doing meaningful progress.

Now at 92-3 when you start getting <1% per 75-6 map and just a bit more per 78, thats when it starts getting slow.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
People are reaching level 100 too fast, that explains why I've played this game for 3 years and still haven't gotten with-in a 5 level spitting distance of the pointless experience that is reaching level 100.

Maybe that's critical, let me rephrase the pointlessness; even though it's not pure joy incarnate; creating a new build and going through all the acts 3 times over again is just way more fun for me than chaining the two end-game maps for a month.

If this wasn't the case and grinding to level 100 could be made an enjoyable experience then I'm all for making it more difficult, but certain types of psuedo-difficulty such as rng are not the enjoyable experience that I'd want.

On top of all that, there's no guarantee that your character won't just get nerfed into oblivion instantly ruining all progress made thus far on the road to level 100...that's another form of psuedo-difficulty that I don't like.

With that said, as I'm skeptical that the "enjoyment" will be implemented to the "end-game" I don't see a reason why hitting level 100 should not be made a more achievable achievement. For patience and sanity's sake...for the sake of player satisfaction. At the same time I say this, I realize there are lots of people who enjoy a lot of effort for very minimal rewards, and thus they cherish the masochistic symbolism of those oh-so-sacred 3 digits. That's what they find satisfying. Maybe I just like it easy, but I prefer to think I'm sane by comparison; not saying that i'm sane for better or for worse... Just saying that doing the same thing over and over again expecting a new end-game map is kind of...almost..the..same..thing..as..yeh.
Last edited by Do_odle on Apr 15, 2015, 10:26:26 AM
I read what you said bro, relax.

Maybe just maybe my "generic" response isn't generic and it's a useful view to other people, that is if it already hasn't been said, but even if it has been said, I'm sure what you're saying is just as generic if you keep repeating it.
Last edited by Do_odle on Apr 15, 2015, 10:29:49 AM
"
Hitting level 100 was originally meant to take years. That was GGG's intention and it's fairly clear they've failed to realise it.

Whose years? My years aren't equivalent to a top-ladder player's years, which aren't equivalent to a complete casual's years.
Would you multiply the requirements to get to lvl 100 twenty times as heavy, in order to have the top players get to it in a few years, less hardcore players in a few decades, and everbody else in a few centuries?
"
"
Hitting level 100 was originally meant to take years. That was GGG's intention and it's fairly clear they've failed to realise it.

Whose years? My years aren't equivalent to a top-ladder player's years, which aren't equivalent to a complete casual's years.
Would you multiply the requirements to get to lvl 100 twenty times as heavy, in order to have the top players get to it in a few years, less hardcore players in a few decades, and everbody else in a few centuries?

actually a year is indeed a standard unit of measurement lol

but I get what your saying lol
I dont see any any key!
"
"

Yes, and hitting level 100 does take years for some people to hit, either because they play casually or because they put the limits they wish were in the game on themselves. Others play the game 20hours a day for a few weeks and abuse every possible advantage they can to achieve triple digits.

"Vanity of vanities," says the Preacher, "Vanity of vanities! All is vanity." What advantage does man have in all his work Which he does under the sun?…
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
In my opinion they should just add regular 79-80 maps. Makes it a tiny bit faster then after that just buff mobs so more players die. I want to see more people getting wrecked on the way to 100. I love ladder death spam.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info