Will hitting level 100 be easier in the expansion?

Why is this even a debate? In the Bloodlines league, only 5 people made it to level 100; all level 99s are dead, and a handful of level 98s. The league has ended and now has merged with standard hc. Are we really that butt hurt over the 5 people that leveled to 100?

Are we even arguing the right thing here? Maybe people are upset that it takes a short time to get to level 90...
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
It would be good if the 1-60 level stretch takes more time for everyone, you know.

The mentality of rushing to maps exists mostly because there is something to figure out about making the first part of the game a little more exciting/rewarding when levelling.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
NeroNoah wrote:
It would be good if the 1-60 level stretch takes more time for everyone, you know.

The mentality of rushing to maps exists mostly because there is something to figure out about making the first part of the game a little more exciting/rewarding when levelling.

Nawww!! I believe the exp diminishing curve right now should just twink it up to the 85-95 gap.

Most builds start working at around 65-75. Giving them 10 levels to adjust their tree and progress content up to about 85 seems like a good suggestion. With the new expansion and all. Not sure if the maps are gonna be available at act 3. But if so, act 4(extra skill points!) might be gonna 69 - 75.

Which seems just about right to start the diminishing returns afew levels later.
Build:
- DzSz's Pillar : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2524656
Last edited by DeathzStalkerz on Apr 14, 2015, 9:02:12 PM
Like what some others have said,

I think we shouldn't be balancing the game based on the top handful of players but rather on the median group of players that mostly will not even reach lvl 90, let alone 100
"
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Nawww!! I believe the exp diminishing curve right now should just twink it up to the 85-95 gap.

Most builds start working at around 65-75. Giving them 10 levels to adjust their tree and progress content up to about 85 seems like a good suggestion. With the new expansion and all. Not sure if the maps are gonna be available at act 3. But if so, act 4(extra skill points!) might be gonna 69 - 75.

Which seems just about right to start the diminishing returns afew levels later.

Things like making the builds behave more like their finished versions early and balancing leveling (so people don't use something like Flameblast all the day) could make that part less terrible for those who have played it half million times and will rush it.

I don't say to start diminishing returns earlier, just slow down a little and make people care for that part.

It has the benefit that it makes the game more palatable for newbies. A common suggestion for the game is to remove cruel, and although now, it won't happen, it could be cool if it does (there is something to the multiple difficulties structure of the game that just makes people lazy; maps are good but they are fine as an endgame)
GGG has indicated their intention to make it harder due to the sheer number of players reaching 100 in a short time. It is however precarious that the harder level capping system must not drive away even more players like now.
It would be backwards if the expansion essentially lowered the soft leveling cap. They should make it a bit easier to hit 85-90 and then if they think 100 is too easy they can make 95-100 longer.
There is also the possibility of lowering the soft cap and compensating with extra skill points from act 4 quests.
Nah, too much power creep. Let those last levels only for the masochists. People will complain less if they are near 100.
"
Hopefully it'll be harder -- GGG always wanted it to take over a year to get there. But maybe they've changed direction since the closed beta days on this front and accept that some so-called no-life gamers will grind their way to 100 even though content really stops around level 85 and diminishing returns seriously kick in from there on.

I don't think we'll know a definitive answer to your question for at least a few weeks yet.

My Templar hit 100 a couple of weeks ago.

He was the first character I ever made.

The character I made in closed beta.

Funny how playing the game as far as possible from how GGG want, gives as close as damned possible to the experience they wanted.

Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info