Closed Beta FAQ for Path of Exile: The Awakening

I don't mind waiting for the awakening, seriously, I don't even want a beta key, I want to experience the thing properly. I love the fact they're running a beta to ensure the quality is top-notch.

What DOES annoy me, immensely so, is the fact they're not only teasing us all the information now, they're also allowing people who get early access to stream it. Wtf? "Here's your new toy, it's sooo much better than anything you've ever had. What, you want it now? Well, you'll have to wait, but your friends will get it earlier and you'll be able to see them play with it!!!:DDDD" ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"
we're considering running low-key events on the live realm that may grant Closed Beta Keys to the winners

Please do this.
If given the option, I'd have been more than happy to shell out $10 to get a beta key like before.

The lottery timer, the ultimate torture device. T_T
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Could you reveal how many accounts have signed up for CB? Wanna calculate an average chance for each player.
I've supported the fully random access and I like the frequent mentioning of the word "data". Thanks a lot for not skewing the sample by giving in to certain parts of the forum population. :-)
"
Dizrupt wrote:
This thread is saltier than the Dead Sea...

my kidneys failed reading this topic
"
lunaticloser wrote:
What DOES annoy me, immensely so, is the fact they're not only teasing us all the information now, they're also allowing people who get early access to stream it. Wtf? "Here's your new toy, it's sooo much better than anything you've ever had. What, you want it now? Well, you'll have to wait, but your friends will get it earlier and you'll be able to see them play with it!!!:DDDD"

But you DO realize that any streamer getting access to the beta without being allowed to stream it, would either not play it, because he needs to keep his playerbase (and playing without streaming would be taking too much time) or play it without streaming it and potentially lose viewers over the course of the beta.

Also: 200-2000 eyes see more than 2 eyes... Letting in one streamer instead of a random player potentially multiplies the amount/quality of feedback they'll be getting. (And BTW: I'm no streamer myself)

"
neph7 wrote:
"
Dizrupt wrote:
This thread is saltier than the Dead Sea...

my kidneys failed reading this topic

So very true. I don't understand all this whining.
When reading the FAQ I was wondering whether I wanted to be part of the beta at all. (Not sure I could take all the character wipes. And of course, the expansion would be much cooler to play without previous knowledge of the new fights and all!)
So after all, I still hope for some crazy short-term leagues for the waiting population. :)
Crit happens.
Last edited by Inarion1986 on Apr 13, 2015, 3:52:19 AM
Thx for the info!

So no new leagues for 2 (or more) months? I would prefer a new challenge rewards league until final Awakening is released.
Don't fool yourself exile... your end is just around the corner!
Previous closed beta testers don't get a cookie:(
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
just because a streamer has 200-2000 eyes watching them doesnt mean they will find more bugs...they could easily let in two people and cover twice the content, or 3, or every supporter ;)
กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info