6 Linking

"
I repeat again -- THIS THREAD IS ABOUT CRAFTING! Not buying a 6-link.

The thing is they are intrinsically linked as the market price for 6 links is determined by their rarity.
As a lot of people can gather 1200 fuses in leagues for a price of about 20 ex, it would cap out the market price for most 6 links to 20.x ex.

If I was to make any suggestion or feedback on the system it would be to scrap the armor scraps modifier to the linking chance and to add that in baseline.
I don't know how anyone can sit there and apply 20x armor scraps between every single fusing orb.

For the record: In my very first season ever played in PoE, I was able to garner enough wealth without flipping the market to get a 6 link and many 5 links, catalysts and other luxuries.

Had I not entered the season late and wasted a few ex figuring out the game, I could have easily obtained that 6 link in a month and a half.
Less if I played more in a singular day.
Last edited by shaunus on Mar 23, 2015, 7:02:13 PM
My 2c... I have bought, vorici'd and dropped a 6 link.

6-links are not 'pure luxury'. The sixth link often adds an important missing piece, particularly for non-volls cast on crit but also life leech gem for spellcasters (vaal pact) along with a few other quality of life things like pierce, power charge on critical etc. It's possible, so people want it. The question is at what point in a character's life a person should reasonably hope/expect it.

There are implications for leagues in particular. It will take a very lucky or extremely no-life player to 6-link something in the 1 month leagues. But that said, even a consistent player doing 2-3 hours every single day (i.e. more than half of a paid job's hours!) would be lucky to have a 6-link by the end of a three month league. Yet they will be high level and presuming some level of skill, will most likely have conquered every bit of content they can manage without the 6th link. If GGG continue to balance around temporary imbalance, then this needs to be considered.

I don't think there's an easy fix but there's clearly a desire from players for chroming and fusing to be a bit more deterministic. To not have to just trash a 4/5-link item and gamble on it in the hopes of something better. That's not to say fewer fuses should be spent, though 1500 does feel pretty damn massive, but that fusing an item shouldn't destroy all sense of any progress on it.

As an aside, I too find constant responses from 2-3 individuals to every suggestion/feedback topic a little tiring. The responses generally either say 'why bother suggesting anything' or 'this is wrong and nothing should change'. A simple 'I disagree it's needed because X' is fine; the endless and long-winded replies and dragging threads off-topic is frustrating and makes the place feel excessively negative, particularly when the requests for responses to stop descend into name-calling, attacks on people's levels and experience, and swearing.
I can't believe that guys keep dragging me off topic.

Crafting: Crafting is when you make something using currency in this game. Of course it relates to the RNG possibilities of getting something you want.

Buying/Purchasing: Buying is when you pay a fixed amount for something that you want. You pay exactly X currency and get exactly what you paid for.

This thread is about Crafting only, not about buying/purchasing. Please stay within this area when commenting in this thread.

Yes, in both cases currency is spent: One is a random amount and the other is a fixed amount. This thread relates to the random amount that can be spent and the consequences thereof, idest -- Crafting.

Also, this thread is definitely not about comparing the two types of currency usage. It is only concerned with Crafting. And because GGG introduced Purchasing as an option, in no way does this affect the successful crafting of a 6-link item.
"Share information to increase knowledge."
"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson
I don't like this 1 vs 5000 fusings situation neither. And neither do I like the price of 1500 fusings for a safe 6L. My solution is that basically 6Ls don't exist for me. I'll get 10 5Ls for the price of one 6L, and that means lots of builds for me, and that's my thing anyway.

It really comes down to the fact that 6Ls are a luxury. What do you get? A boost in dps that can be nice but is absolutely not needed. You can do more than great without it.

So the fact that you either have to overcome an RNG wall or spend a ton of currency seems just about right to me.
You don't get to tell people they can't comment on your thread, you look like a child when you make comments like that.

The cost associated with manually linking, buying one from another or using the recipe all have a factor on whether or not manually linking should be easier and IMO it isn't.

"
So the fact that you either have to overcome an RNG wall or spend a ton of currency seems just about right to me.

Right, thats the point OP is missing.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Using fuse to gamble links is not crafting, it's pure gambling. With every fuse wasted you are exactly at the same position as before, not a micron closer to a 6L. It could take 10 or 10.000, we all know the (stupid) system by now.

While hoarding fuse for Vorici actually brings you closer to a 6L, a tiny bit with every fuse hoarded.

You choose to gamble, OP. If you don't want to be totally assraped by gambling, use a hybrid approach.

"
And because GGG introduced Purchasing as an option, in no way does this affect the successful crafting of a 6-link item.

What you call 'crafting' is only determined by dice roll, nothing else. Its as "successful" as your luck is successful.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 24, 2015, 4:26:55 AM
[Removed by Support]

Plain and simple. I would never pay the Voricy fee to six link something. You want easy no-brainer shit ? Pay for it.
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Mar 24, 2015, 5:24:41 AM
Well, we have some trolls on this thread -- PLEASE IGNORE THEM!

Let's talk about PvP for a second: A person can craft a 6-link with 1 fusing and he can participate in PvP with said 6-link at an earlier stage in the game. Now, this 6-link gives him a huge advantage over everyone else:

1. He gets to win more matches and gain more reputation for Leo and it's incredibly cheaper for him to do everything else in the league because, in effect, he has 1200-1500 more currency to spend at an earlier stage in the game, which allows that player to access more difficult content at an earlier stage of the game and get better drops and rewards at an earlier stage of the game.

2. The same benefits accrue to playing the normal game. If a person crafts a 6-link with a small number of fusings, that person gains an incredible advantage over all other players because he has the ability to now spend his currency on other things and access higher difficulty areas and gain better drops, etc.

The item that can be achieved by more players that affects the game-play of a particular person and that can give that player more rewards is the 6-link. By making the chances of that particular item between 1 to thousands of fusings, in my opinion, is absurd.

Either remove the ability to craft a 6-link or make it more fair to end-game players. Its current state is absurd and grossly unfair.
"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson
You're really reaching with the PvP thing. Well, the entire thing, really.

If I decide to quit my steady, well-paying job in favor of purchasing lottery tickets to gain wealth, that is my choice. It's also a choice for everyone in the room to stare at me like I'm pants-on-head retarded for suggesting that anyone go down that path.

You want to live on lottery tickets. Cool. Life isn't balanced that way.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
So, some of you guys don't believe in crafting. That's ok.

HOWEVER, this thread is about crafting, specifically a 6-link. Some call crafting gambling -- that's exactly what it is.

Most games are rng games. All dice games are rng games. All card games are rng games. Heads I win, tails you win is an rng game. Before computers, most games were restricted to 1:6 for dice or 1:52 for cards. You could have multiple dice and multiple decks of cards. Some games had spinners. Dungeon and Dragons came out with 20, then 24 sided dice. Some of these games became classics because of the way the game was designed. They were not as short lived as most computer games. With the advent of the computer, we basically have an unlimited rng possibility. With the change of a few digits, a game can from 1:6 to 1:1,000,000. It's easy and game programmers do this; but rarely do they come up with a classic game that is fair and that people will continue to play over the decades (e.g. monopoly, risk, boggle, etc.).

My contention regarding the 6-link is that I think it is an important basic part of this game; and as such, it should be achievable in an equitable and fair manner. For a player (via crafting) to acquire with a few fusings a 6-link and many players not to be able to acquire that same 6-link ever (via crafting) for many leagues played and many thousands of fusings used (crafting), in my opinion, is not fair and equitable.

Some of you have said that for any person to try to craft such an item is stupid and that they should purchase said item: this does not change the FACT that some people still get a 6-link with few fusings and others never get one using thousands of fusings, which still makes the acquisition of a 6-link not fair and equitable.

I have made some suggestions in my prior posts of possible fixes to this crafting issue of which no one has responded. Maybe they are not great suggestions; but at least they are suggestions to make the acquisition of a 6-link more fair and equitable.

If you honestly think that people are stupid that try to craft a 6-link, then the obviously logical solution is for you to suggest to GGG that they remove the ability to craft a 6-link. There is no other logical possibility. If you think it's fair and equitable for one player to acquire a 6-link with few fusings and others to never be able to craft one no matter how many fusings they use, then that is another issue entirely.

I think that for you to suggest that a normal player of status level 92, with 5 challenges, ladder position 957 has not attained the status of an end-game character is absurd. And for you to suggest that I and others should be able to save up 20-35 exalts is equally absurd in order to spend a few days playing end-game content instead of spending 1.5 to 2 months out of 4 months playing the same maps over and over and over and over again trying to acquire enough currency in order to buy a 6-link and experience end-game content when others have been able to experience this end-game content for at least 2 months.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info