6 Linking

You wrote so much stuff that contains nothing of value to add to the discussion.

Some people win with the current 6 linking cost on RNG, some don't it seems you are among those that apparently dont.

6 links are not required for the majority of builds to do endgame, when you understand this, you will understand the reason why it is so expensive to get a 6 link.

Until you understand why its difficult to gain a 6 link, you can't possibly understand or comment on why it should be made easier.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Your fatal flaw is assuming that this game should be fair and equitable when it comes to 6-linking. Does that only apply to 6-linking, or should it apply to drops as well?

Would you care to see where that line of thinking leads?
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
Your fatal flaw is assuming that this game should be fair and equitable when it comes to 6-linking. Does that only apply to 6-linking, or should it apply to drops as well?

A fair and equitable game is a better game! A better game has more users. GGG makes more sales with a better game. GGG can afford to fix lag problems by hiring better and more efficient programmers. A fair and equitable game has a chance at becoming a classic and joining the ranks of other classic games, e.g. MOO2, Diablo2, etc.

What's wrong with making suggestions that might improve a game!

This thread is in the Feedback section that implies that I'm entitled to give my feedback to this game. Games are not perfect. But they can always get better. This game is changing all the time. Whatever you write here is not going to stop GGG from trying to make a better game. And they appear to be concerned with what is fair and equitable. Otherwise why would they try to continue to balance game play?
"Share information to increase knowledge."
"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson
"
aura0000 wrote:
So, a really lucky guy can pay 1-10 fusings and a really unlucky guy could pay 100,000 fusings (this is not an exaggeration folks).

You're right, it's not an exaggeration, it is an understatement!

He needs to be very very very very very very very very veryx1000000000 unlucky guy for that.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
aura0000 wrote:

A fair and equitable game is a better game! A better game has more users. GGG makes more sales with a better game. GGG can afford to fix lag problems by hiring better and more efficient programmers. A fair and equitable game has a chance at becoming a classic and joining the ranks of other classic games, e.g. MOO2, Diablo2, etc.

What's wrong with making suggestions that might improve a game!

This thread is in the Feedback section that implies that I'm entitled to give my feedback to this game. Games are not perfect. But they can always get better. This game is changing all the time. Whatever you write here is not going to stop GGG from trying to make a better game. And they appear to be concerned with what is fair and equitable. Otherwise why would they try to continue to balance game play?

You use the word "entitled" a lot. I'm guessing........ 1999? Give or take a year?

You're assuming that your version of fair and equitable is objectively better than what we have. Yes, making the game easier (don't kid yourself, that's what you're going for) will attract more people. Adding the ability to buy a level 90 character would also attract more people. Hell, adding raid bosses would definitely attract more people.

There are umpteen thousand MMORPG games out there. There is one Path of Exile. Choose.

PoE is certainly not fair and equitable. I'm strolling around in semi-vendor trash in the 1-month and dont dare to try 5-link a chest, while some are already selling T1 uniques & 6L items in chat... :(

The thing is, when you reach the stage where a 6L is the only upgrade you can make to your char, you surely can afford it. Either through gambling or through safe & sure Vorici.

If you cant deal with loosing, then dont gamble (or 'craft', whatev)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
It'd be nice if the 1500 fusing cost were lowered by a couple hundred or so. But otherwise I think 6-linking is alright. The only time a 6-link is actually necessary is with 2handers, because there's not much reason to use one otherwise. 6-linked 2-handers ought to be much easier to acquire than a 6-link chest.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
The problem is that, what if you want more than 1 chest or weapon? For example, you finally 6L your chest or weapon and then you find a better roll... What do you do? Try to sell the chest/weapon you have? If so, people may not even want it because they know the rolls could be better (for affix/prefix).

That's not to say you can't, it's just tough, and then there's a possibility that you wont even link the next weapon/chest.

Like some people want to craft as though the friggen stars and planets align; Scouring and chancing 6Ls and such... I mean, really? What are the actual odds you get something good out of that? Don't get me wrong, the chance is there - it's just so low that it's ridiculous.

In my first feedback thread I suggested a currency item 1/6th as rare as exalted that will increase or decrease the # of sockets by 1 at a 50% chance; so if you have a 5s you can at least bring it to 6s but not necessarily 6L (unless you are clever enough to use it on a 5L in which case there could/should be a chance to 6L).

But meh, whatever.
"
Antnee wrote:

I disagree, shitty loot drop rng aside there are only two mechanics in the game that drive core character development.

Your skills and your passives. It is completely absurd that one guy can get very lucky and get what everyone is calling a luxury item for essentially peanuts and coasts through the rest of a league where as others can spend 10 - 100 times as much and get less or nothing.

One dude just went from 0 - 100% in seconds.. others spend months flailing about in 7 feet of septic water.

Its a shit system, 6l can and should be a luxury , FOR ... EVERY .... ONE. not this guy here and this guy there but not that guy that guy gets special day derp. how can one take this game seriously in a competitive light when shit like that can happen.

It is a poisonous system that makes getting these things either a hollow experience or a venomous one.

And it is why the linking system is still without doubt the weakest part of the game in my opinion and I say that despite a colorful history of posting about things i really dislike about this game.

it is like having to flip a coin to see if you get a skill point when you level up. dumb , just dumb

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 30, 2015, 7:49:46 AM
It's interesting that this thread isn't railing against bad luck, we're focusing on the fortunate. So, the solution to this problem (and I'm using that word in the loosest possible sense) would be what? Everyone has to pay 1500 fuses? Fusings can only 5-link an item outside of the bench? What about the people like myself who couldn't give a shit about competition? Under the bus we go?

Also, no one seems to want to address my drop rng point. If we're really to get down to the nitty-gritty, shouldn't good drops be metered as well?

Yes, this game has a competitive aspect. Judging from the sentiments in this thread, GGG would do well to never, ever pay attention to it beyond a simple ladder display.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info