6 Linking

Very simple

Just pretend 6 links do not exist.

My highest character is in Torment a lvl 84 RoA Ranger. Using a 4 link.

I also have a lvl 80 character using a 5 link and lvl 77 using a 5 link in Torment. The only 6 link I own is a Tabula Rasa in Standard. But you know what? Who cares! You can do everything except maybe a few CoC builds using just a 5 link.

P.S.
Most people I see here post 6 links have Item Rarity as the 6th link I find that both interesting and amusing.
The rich really do get richer.
I need a signature to look legit
Last edited by Hunt8722 on Mar 6, 2015, 7:55:12 PM
This thread has been approached for moderation now. Please keep any comments civil, constructive and relevant to the topic, and refrain from making posts of a harassing or derailing nature as these can disrupt the thread for fellow forum users.

If you have any questions or queries about a moderation action taken, please e mail us at support@grindinggear.com with your concerns and we will assist where we can.
Need Support? support@grindinggear.com.
Well, I made level 92, got 5 challenges continuing all the while to craft a 6-link with 0 success. Also, with just over 4 hours left for this league, made it to 991 on the ladder.

I still think, that I SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CRAFT A 6-LINK!

Met a guy in-game yesterday that displayed his six 6-linked armours, all uniques.

A couple thousand fusings and 4x that in armour scraps -- booooo.

By the way, in my opinion, purchasing and crafting a 6-link are entirely different entities and this thread is about crafting a 6-link. Purchasing-a-6-link comments DO NOT BELONG in this thread!
"Share information to increase knowledge."
"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson
"
aura0000 wrote:
Well, I made level 92, got 5 challenges continuing all the while to craft a 6-link with 0 success. Also, with just over 4 hours left for this league, made it to 991 on the ladder.

I still think, that I SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CRAFT A 6-LINK!

Met a guy in-game yesterday that displayed his six 6-linked armours, all uniques.

A couple thousand fusings and 4x that in armour scraps -- booooo.

By the way, in my opinion, purchasing and crafting a 6-link are entirely different entities and this thread is about crafting a 6-link. Purchasing-a-6-link comments DO NOT BELONG in this thread!

Sorry, but you can't just dismiss anyones comments just because you feel like it. Purchasing a 6 link is a viable option for many, using the master flat rate fee is an option as well.

Everyone would like to find shavs, mjolner, insert rare unique here, its not going to happen, it simply cannot for the economy to function.

6 linking is fine now, however getting a 6 link (or 5 link for that matter) from one item to the next, aka upgrading is a bit of an issue. Chris mentioned that people don't invest into linking lower level items because they can't apply\transfer\ect those onto their "endgame" piece.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I repeat again -- THIS THREAD IS ABOUT CRAFTING! Not buying a 6-link.

James Goetz -- you're not welcome on my thread because you continue to try to change the direction of the thread.

Final placing on the ladder will be about # 957 -- and no 6-link (crafted).

"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson
Last edited by aura0000 on Mar 23, 2015, 3:35:43 PM
Actually buying from Vorici is closer to crafting than spammin' fuse manually, which isn't crafting but pure gambling.

What I do is hoard 1.5k + a few 100's more. Gamble the 100's and if you don't succeed, you can still use Vorici and have at least one 6L in the end. But if you succeed you get two 6Ls :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
Actually buying from Vorici is closer to crafting than spammin' fuse manually, which isn't crafting but pure gambling.

What I do is hoard 1.5k + a few 100's more. Gamble the 100's and if you don't succeed, you can still use Vorici and have at least one 6L in the end. But if you succeed you get two 6Ls :)

It's interesting that you are a "Beta Supporter." I actually have no idea what that means but I would guess it might allow you to beta test the changes: If that is so and you clearly have no idea what crafting means -- maybe that is why ...

"
goetzjam wrote:
[

GGG makes a fantastic game, would really hate to see it ruined because of people that want all these things changed to make it easier.

Actually i would like to see other company making a "copy-paste from PoE" ARPG and make it easier, to count how many will stay here.

As for me GGG came up with fantastic idea, but they are ruining it with mediocrity and stubborn.

PoE have succeeded, in my oppinion, only because there is NO really good ARPG out there. None.

Any game that will mix PoE's depth and Diablo 3 playstile will eat them both alive.
Making a game fairer has nothing whatsoever to do with making it easier.

What I would like to see is a fairer game.

Currently a guy can craft a 6-link with 1 fusing and many, many cannot do it with thousands of fusings. So, the guy who crafts a 6-link with few fusings could, according to some of you, have an easy game. Certainly the guy who gets a mirror out of the box, should have an easy game. Of course he has the option of vending his mirror and making his game harder.

The whole point of this thread has to do with whether the crafting of a 6-link should be part of the endgame or not. I think that the successful crafting of a 6-link should be available to all players who attain an end-game level character.

OR, just take away the ability to craft a 6-link and make everyone pay 1500 fusings for it. This, in my opinion, would be fairer; however, I would prefer crafting if it was fairer and worked for the end-game character.

PoE has a lot of fantastic items out there that really are not part of the regular game as most players will never see them or be able to purchase them. But a craftable 6-link, in my opinion, should be part of the regular, accessible game.
"
aura0000 wrote:
It's interesting that you are a "Beta Supporter." I actually have no idea what that means but I would guess it might allow you to beta test the changes: If that is so and you clearly have no idea what crafting means -- maybe that is why ...

There is no link crafting in this game. Tho, buying it from Vorici, is more similar to 'crafting' than doing it manually, which is pure gambling. You chose to gamble, not craft.

"
The whole point of this thread has to do with whether the crafting of a 6-link should be part of the endgame or not. I think that the successful crafting of a 6-link should be available to all players who attain an end-game level character.

What's an "endgame character" is too vague. I was easily doing 78 maps in Rampage with a 5-link Lioneyes, before I was finally able to put together a 6-link GG Harb (which was 2 months into league).

Let's not use the word 'crafting'. Obtaining a 6L without buying it from others, is part of the end game. And even people like me, playing 95% solo self-found, can do it.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info