6 Linking

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Vorici recipe is really easy right.

After 1056 hours played I have managed to collect a total of 490 fuses. I cannot use vorici fusing deal everyday since I just don't get enough excess jewellers/day.

Everyone that complains this game being too easy should play it solo self-found and see the light.

1 more year to go for my first 6l.

What about alts and jews?

Your twisting the scenario to hint towards the only way of 6 linking is by just finding fuses, no you can actually actively do stuff to get them.

As I said jewellers are very rare drop for me, always have been, I'm lucky to find 20/day as raw jewellers/6s items. Alts...now don't get me started on alts...since I am self-found player who has not found any working MF setup yet in 1000+hours, alts tend to be rare enough they are spent as soon as they are gained to rolling maps/boxes. Maps especially are a real alt sink if I want to keep playing 74+ maps. Alch&chaosing maps is not going to happen self-found, chaos orbs are not the problem, alchemys are.
"

As I said jewellers are very rare drop for me, always have been, I'm lucky to find 20/day as raw jewellers/6s items. Alts...now don't get me started on alts...since I am self-found player who has not found any working MF setup yet in 1000+hours...

Bull. You don't need double andvarius, you just need a little bit.

"

...alts tend to be rare enough they are spent as soon as they are gained to rolling maps/boxes. Maps especially are a real alt sink if I want to keep playing 74+ maps. Alch&chaosing maps is not going to happen self-found, chaos orbs are not the problem, alchemys are.

Again, bull. All my map currency is self-found, and I have no trouble at all sustaining my map pool and currency.

You seem to think that self-found = omg I can't do anyyyyythinnnnggg
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
"

As I said jewellers are very rare drop for me, always have been, I'm lucky to find 20/day as raw jewellers/6s items. Alts...now don't get me started on alts...since I am self-found player who has not found any working MF setup yet in 1000+hours...

"

...alts tend to be rare enough they are spent as soon as they are gained to rolling maps/boxes. Maps especially are a real alt sink if I want to keep playing 74+ maps. Alch&chaosing maps is not going to happen self-found, chaos orbs are not the problem, alchemys are.

Again, bull. All my map currency is self-found, and I have no trouble at all sustaining my map pool and currency.

You seem to think RNG is not RNG.
Keep blaming RNG. Looks good on you.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
"
Antnee wrote:
"

"

You seem to think RNG is not RNG.

Do you think the game should be balanced around players that wish to do self found? Honest question
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Vorici recipe is really easy right.

After 1056 hours played I have managed to collect a total of 490 fuses. I cannot use vorici fusing deal everyday since I just don't get enough excess jewellers/day.

Everyone that complains this game being too easy should play it solo self-found and see the light.

1 more year to go for my first 6l.

You are doing something wrong, then.

For comaprison: I have a lvl 89 in Torment, that's about 80 hrs of gameplay (most of my masters are lvl 7) - solo SF, tho a friend gave me a mid-level white 5L, which I soon replaced with a 5L of my own - wouldnt change much.

currency convertible to fus

-----------------
I made 1 5L

Not saying that getting a 6L is easy (well, it's quite easy if you trade), but dilligent end-game farming & not squandering your fuse will get you there...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Armourer scraps used to be 80-100:1c, generally 80:1c -- Now they're 40:1c. Alts used to be 14-20:1c generally 14-16:1c -- now they're 10:1c. Eternal orbs used to be 1:3ex, now 1:5ex. Exalts are currently at 45-47c or 55f, meaning fusings are 55f:45c, which is no where near the GGG rate of 2f:1c. Chaos drop rates have improved. In my opinion, the bread and butter of this game is the alts-jewelers-fusings progression, which is incredibly out of balance.

DO THE MATH!

When you have the equivalent of 1000-1,000,000 sided die (GGG's RNG), you have to consider the consequences to the journeyman players who don't roll the equivalent of boxcars or snake eyes ever, which is the normal situation when the RNG base is that high for needed items.

Yes, all end-game content is optional, even the game itself is optional. And yes, a 6-link gives you about a 30% increase in damage. Which, in my humble (or not so humble), journeyman, opinion is needed for the end-game content.

Also, in my opinion, it's idiotic to buy a 6-link for 20% more than what he/she should be able to get it for (Vorici buy versus crafting or 250% more if armourer scraps are used). BTW, I can see the lucky player paying Vorici in lieu of having to actually use 20 scraps per fusing in order to get a 6-link and avoid this incredibly tedious undertaking.

It's pure and simple: the crafting system is broken and GGG needs to fix it!

Also, the economy is broken and GGG needs to fix it!

Also, Please Note: Every time you fail to successfully 6-link an item: The odds of successfully linking that item is the same for the next fusing. e.g. If you've failed linking and used 1000 fusings or 10,000 fusings, the odds to successfully link the item is unchanged and will still be 1:1000 for each addition unsuccessful attempt.

"Share information to increase knowledge."
"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson
Last edited by aura0000 on Mar 6, 2015, 4:54:07 PM
As expected, this thread devolved into a flame war where everyone has lost their sense of scale. 1500 fuse is a lot. I wouldn't say it's unreachable, because that clearly isn't the case. But is it reasonable? I think not. Bring the Vorici recipe down to what the actual odds are, roughly 1200, and you take some of that edge off while still keeping it as a high end item with a certain level of exclusivity without compromising the economy or allowing much power creep. It's just a slight accessibility tweak in favor of the players.

"
Chaos drop rates have improved.

Source on that, more people just do the chaos recipe, which means more chaos available, but that doesn't mean the drop rates were improved.

"
Yes, all end-game content is optional, even the game itself is optional. And yes, a 6-link gives you about a 30% increase in damage. Which, in my humble (or not so humble), journeyman, opinion is needed for the end-game content.

But that is not true, name a number of builds that can do without that ~30% damage increase is very high, if it wasn't then how can anyone possibly be doing endgame?

"
it's pure and simple: the crafting system is broken and GGG needs to fix it!

Yeah so broken its worked well long before masters, when GGG added masters and orb deal trades. Explain how you think the ultimate endgame form of of crafting (linking in this case) should be "fixed".

"
Also, the economy is broken and GGG needs to fix it!

The economy has adjusted to more and more players doing chaos recipie, which has lead to lower orbs increasing in value. Paired with master crafting more players are doing trans+alt spam and multi modding things, crafting in PoE has never been easier.

"
Also, Please Note: Every time you fail to successfully 6-link an item: The odds of successfully linking that item is the same for the next fusing. e.g. If you've failed linking and used 1000 fusings or 10,000 fusings, the odds to successfully link the item is unchanged and will still be 1:1000 for each addition unsuccessful attempt.

Yes thats how it works.....that doesn't mean OMG its terrible. Could GGG add a threashold for a guaranteed 6 link, maybe, but this is an RNG game.

"
As expected, this thread devolved into a flame war where everyone has lost their sense of scale. 1500 fuse is a lot. I wouldn't say it's unreachable, because that clearly isn't the case. But is it reasonable? I think not. Bring the Vorici recipe down to what the actual odds are, roughly 1200, and you take some of that edge off while still keeping it as a high end item with a certain level of exclusivity without compromising the economy or allowing much power creep. It's just a slight accessibility tweak in favor of the players.

If Vorici gives you a guaranteed 6 link why on earth do you think it needs to be brought down to what you think the odds are if you would just spam it? Give sources on 1200 being the number required. Like I mentioned using the argument that 6 linking is 10\10 now is just ignorant. If it is that now, then what was it before they added guaranteed recipes?

This whole argument is completely pointless, 6 linking was already made easier no reason to make it anymore easier. This is the same argument of XP penalty all over again.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

If Vorici gives you a guaranteed 6 link why on earth do you think it needs to be brought down to what you think the odds are if you would just spam it? Give sources on 1200 being the number required. Like I mentioned using the argument that 6 linking is 10\10 now is just ignorant. If it is that now, then what was it before they added guaranteed recipes?

This whole argument is completely pointless, 6 linking was already made easier no reason to make it anymore easier. This is the same argument of XP penalty all over again.

You know, Goetzjam, [Removed by Support] Is there really anything that you can say that is constructive and not out of context?

Buying a 6-link from Vorici, in my opinion, is NOT crafting. And it does nothing to address any of the issues I've raised except the tedious issue of actually crafting a 6-link unique with armour scraps, which, in my opinion, only addresses an issue with rich/lucky players to make their game experience more rewarding and less tedious. I would like my game experience to be more rewarding also, and as such, there is a crafting system in place and if it worked properly then the 6-link wouldn't be an issue. The Vorici system is, or should be, in my opinion, only used as an option to upgrade corrupted items.

[Post Edited by Support]
"Share information to increase knowledge."
"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on Mar 6, 2015, 9:45:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info