Kamikaze Clones : LL Mirror Arrow Instability Proliferation

This build doesn't need a nerf warning, it needs a nerf pending.

I would still recommend to those who haven't done uber atziri to give it a shot GGG should take at least until the end of the league to nerf it.

This is the best build ive seen since Chin Sol puncture trap that i used to do ubers. And we all know what happened to puncture since that build came out.
Regarding a potential nerf, I extended the paragraph on the subject in main post.

One should definitely not expect for it to go untouched until the next league or week race starts. It may or may not be safe in the meantime.
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
Last edited by PepprmintButler on Feb 24, 2015, 6:50:24 PM
"Who said burn prolif builds can't do Atziri ? "

sorry you didnt kill her by igniting/proliferating burn.

it only just show how OP the initial minion explosion is, especially with trap support gem.
"
sorry you didnt kill her by igniting/proliferating burn.

No I didn't. Which is not that surprising considering that is impossible.

Trap support doesnt add damage btw
Added :

Full Atziri run with 5Ls, decent gear
Full Atziri run with 4Ls, bad gear

I'll also be adding another run with stupidly overkill gear :

That's something I should be able to do Uber with.
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2wtby6/questions_thread_february_23_2015/covf450
This question and the reponse from the question thread on reddit made me doubt, so I made somes test on my explosive arrow wich all the aoe passives, a carcass jack and removing increased aoe to make the difference more visible.
With a total of 72% increased aoe, I didn't notice any difference, so if anyone else had doubt, it is safe to assume the aoe from passive/gear (quiver being an exception) do not affect the radius of the proliferation.
Last edited by Frolamiz on Feb 25, 2015, 3:17:04 AM
I can confirm AoE passives and gear doing nothing for MI prolif. Hyrri's Bite does indeed work though.

Incidentally, I finally got back to my torment project left at lvl 60 and switched it to main spec. Bought a 1c hybrid chest, put on random rares laying around, tadaa : 5k ES. 4L lvl15 MA in quill rain doesnt even need priming to mow down packs in sarn. Chaos res is currently abysmal though so I'll stay away from Sewers until I can put on a Broken Crown. Hyrri's bite is very handy before Soul Strike is an option.
I'm kicking myself for being too lazy to switch earlier. It would probably have worked just fine from at least the start of merciless, possibly before. I'll need to seriously rethink my stance on when it's reasonable to switch.
"
I'm kicking myself for being too lazy to switch earlier. It would probably have worked just fine from at least the start of merciless, possibly before. I'll need to seriously rethink my stance on when it's reasonable to switch.

Probably as soon as low life is playable. On the explosive arrow, with mirror arrow, blink arrow, elemental prolif and chance to ignite only, without any minion passives the level 17 mirror arrow was melting packs (in docks). But rares and bosses are another story.

Edit: I did somes uniques maps with a friend, and here are the results:

Acton's nightmare, maëlstrom of chaos, coward trial: very easy, not much to say.

Oba's cursed trove: very fast clear, we finished with a huge margin, one of my fastest clear I think.

Poorjoy asylum: very safe, with ice shot and temporal chain the mobs are as threatening as zombies. The boss died within a second.

Death and taxes: quite safe, it's not that fast to kill the boss because he has a lot of life and you can't proliferate from the bodies of the weapon he summon, but no problem at all.

Whakawairua Tuahu: lori's lantern give 31% quantity and 62% rarity, wich is nice. On average the circle of vision is worse than in a normal map, but on this tileset you can see pretty well out of it.
And I never did this super annoying boss that easily, you miss a lot of mirror arrow because of the tp but you only need two ignition to kill it (with a two person party and elemental equilibrium not working because ice shot don't do damages). And you have all your time too, because the boss don't do that much damage and with the ES that take 2s to start to resplenish a long fight is not a problem on this boss, unlike somes builds that need to rely on flask without the possibility to resplenish them.

Halls of grandmasters: super dangerous map, go in it only if you are very well prepaired. Personally I will never go again in it with this build without an alpha howl, granites and anti bleeding on all my flasks.
Too much bleeding, somes of them freeze you every time they hit you, resolute technique ignore your evasion, some of them have so much resist and are so much overcapped that you do nothing to them, and I am pretty sure that minion instability can be dodged/blocked (normal block/dodge or spell dodge/block, I don't know) seeing how a lot of them where not even losing anything after an explosion. Somes of them also move pretty fast and are very hard to target with mirror arrow even with the attack and projectile speed of the quill rain.
Blink arrow is probably mandatory for doing this map (alone or as the 6th link), you often have to run away because the spikes of damage can be very high.
And if you play with a shavronne, don't forget to check if you are higher than 10% of your maximum life, I am pretty sure there are cullers.
Most grandmasters are not a problem and get oneshot before even moving, but be very careful against the ones that can take a few hit (particulary ES ones, somes of them start recharging as fast as us) because they are the most dangerous.
Also take it with a grain of salt, my friend was playing coc and it's not really ideal for this map, it may be a lot easier alone.

We didn't have any mao kun or olmec's sancturn, and I was too scared to do a vault of atziri.
Last edited by Frolamiz on Feb 25, 2015, 10:33:49 AM
Re:unique maps, I did both Olmecs and Mao Kun. Neither is an issue. Olmecs never felt dangerous, cold stone being the worst.
Mao Kun was trivial. The amount of Overkill on Fairgraves is silly. He can be fcetanked no problem.
Does carcass jack increased area mod work with MA explosion? Also How much low health do you run with ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info