Kamikaze Clones : LL Mirror Arrow Instability Proliferation

"
40ozkook wrote:
Does carcass jack increased area mod work with MA explosion? Also How much low health do you run with ?

AoE on your gear or your passives do not affect the radius of MI explosion or proliferation. Those things are properties of the minions, which can in practice only be affected by support gems.

The only exception is :

because clones have copies of your bow and quiver, so they do get 10% AoE from that.

.....which makes me realize that +% damage over time from Leo on the bow does work ! Since your minions are also wielding it.
Thanks for making me type that out, I actually came up with something interesting in the process.
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
Been leveling a witch up for this build.

Any tips on what passives are absolutely needed to start this and what are not?

Im thinking most of the increased buff stuff can wait?
Definitely need 2+ curses and instability.
Probably need most of the mana reserved nodes to get low-life working, i assume.

A L60ish passive tree would be great, if you have time :)

Thanks for the great build, cant wait to start playing it!

"
"
40ozkook wrote:
Does carcass jack increased area mod work with MA explosion? Also How much low health do you run with ?

AoE on your gear or your passives do not affect the radius of MI explosion or proliferation. Those things are properties of the minions, which can in practice only be affected by support gems.

The only exception is :

because clones have copies of your bow and quiver, so they do get 10% AoE from that.

.....which makes me realize that +% damage over time from Leo on the bow does work ! Since your minions are also wielding it.
Thanks for making me type that out, I actually came up with something interesting in the process.

Do you mean leo, master of the arena guy?

also tora sells a bow that causes bleeding... idk how much damage it could inflict.
Last edited by 40ozkook on Feb 25, 2015, 9:54:01 PM
Yes I mean Leo the master. And no, bleeding wouldn't do jack.

here's a lvl 60ish tree. That's pretty much exactly the tree of my Torment character a few hours ago. Plenty enough to rip through Docks or start mapping.
Noob here!
Why Anger/Wrath/HoI/HoT? Do they increase MI explosion?

I respecced an old witch and have full 6L going in Tabula and 4L CoH dual-curse setup. I don't really need the curses so far, I melted a 66 map at 64 and hardly used the curses.

Is there a low-life math guide or calculator out there? This is my first time ever doing it and currently at 66% life reserved but hesitating to level my BM/RM gems for fear of screwing up the current math.
"
destaphenes wrote:

Is there a low-life math guide or calculator out there? This is my first time ever doing it and currently at 66% life reserved but hesitating to level my BM/RM gems for fear of screwing up the current math.

On the first question I'm assuming it's why not ? None of those have any effect on MI damage.

For reservation calculation, this is a very helpful tool

Side note : low life + Tabula Rasa = not a great idea. You'd be better off with a 4L chest with a decent amount of ES on it (600ish is like 1c to buy)
Last edited by PepprmintButler on Feb 26, 2015, 1:06:47 AM
So ive been dickin around with deerstalker unique boots with blink arrow, it seems it has the same effect as mirror arrow when thrown with traps. So its quite fun.
"
"
destaphenes wrote:

On the first question I'm assuming it's why not ? None of those have any effect on MI damage.

For reservation calculation, this is a very helpful tool

Side note : low life + Tabula Rasa = not a great idea. You'd be better off with a 4L chest with a decent amount of ES on it (600ish is like 1c to buy)

That website has never come up for me. I've been wondering why it's on reddit's link bar when it's been down forever, now I'm guessing it must be blocked at my work. Will try at home!

I'm at humiliating defensive stats (3xx life and 13xx ES with Discipline) but I only played one map so far. Now I'm really interested in running the build and will upgrade. Losing my 6-link setup doesn't seem so bad since I'm overflowing on damage - will ditch the Tabula and move to a 4-link ES armor. Thanks!
Look fun, very innovative, man! I love such innovative build that I may want to hardcore one myself, probably need more defense but summoners are already pretty safe.

How do you think about leveling? What's LL caster build you got in mind? I'm thinking about an SRS/Zombie summoner, which is pretty safe and not gear dependent and sync with the minion and aura nodes. Possibly a few respec required at higher levels, but not many. Flameblaster may also be good addition, and for leveling some gems.
Last edited by wiwigvn on Feb 26, 2015, 2:27:48 AM
"
wiwigvn wrote:
How do you think about leveling? What's LL caster build you got in mind? I'm thinking about an SRS/Zombie summoner, which is pretty safe and not gear dependent and sync with the minion and aura nodes. Possibly a few respec required at higher levels, but not many. Flameblaster may also be good addition, and for leveling some gems.

I'd be pretty scared to level as low life in HC. But then again I'm scared of HC in general anyway, I guess...

The guide I was thinking of is this one

What I was thinking is rush through normal with any random spell (tendrils, fire trap), then at 37 equip a Cassock and a Crown of Thorns, and enjoy the OP version of the spell of your choice. Should let you cruise through Cruel, and you should be able to switch to main spec around the start of Merciless (with a Quill and a Hyrri's).
I'd be surprised if I could do that without dying here and there, so not something I would recommend for HC. I hear people level with Lorica from early on, I guess that would be a bit more appropriate because running around with 400 life and uncapped chaos res is probably a bad idea even in cruel...

SRS summoner would probably be a good way to go about it but I find it a bit tedious to level with personally (I played too much SRS "back in the day"). Other summons feel really weak before Merc.
Last edited by PepprmintButler on Feb 26, 2015, 3:05:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info