Almost everyone has traded for more Exalts than found them. How is that possible?

"
Perq wrote:
Think OP's point is that if everyone just find 1-5 ex per league, how do they end up with 20ex in stash at the end.

Keyword is EVERYONE. Many people just sell ex they find for chaoses, because they can buy some gear with them, thus people who use chaos recipe gain those.

I think if 1000 people trade the ex they find away and some 100 people end up with those, then its safe to say that this is how most people end up with their stash full of ex. Plus there is an infinite supply as ex are drops and not just handed out to a select few by GGG.
"
johnKeys wrote:

but see, I don't want to understand the PoE economy. that's not what I'm here for.
any more "insults" you have to throw at me? bring it on.

It's all about economy, and the fact that you don't understand it :

1) is not an insult, just a fact, don't take it personnaly
2) makes your posting offtopic or clueless.
IGN TylordRampage
Dupers
I have an exalt sitting in my stash I found a day or so ago, most of the time I only trade for items, never used an exalt. This is coming from someone who works a ton and has a child to care for. I can only imagine somone with more time to burn can do if they set out to farm for real.
"
Malone wrote:

2) makes your posting offtopic or clueless.

ok I'll try again.
please try to read this time.

the economy isn't generating orbs, it's circulating existing ones.
so understanding economy - which I indeed don't nor have any intention to - isn't a pre-requisite to understanding where orbs come from.

orbs come from RNG, in the form of drops (since Exalts have no recipe, excluding the ridiculous "vendor a Mirror" one).
you drop an Exalt, and don't use it? chances are it will enter the economy at some point, unless you are zealous at keeping it in stash forever.

and since RNG isn't biased by a risk/reward system, that Exalt is almost equally likely to drop from some barrel or white monster on the easiest difficulty, as it is to drop from the insane boss of a crazy map you just barely survived.
this, makes the "RMT industry"'s job of brute-forcing RNG via bots, to drop Exalts and insert them into the economy, that much easier.

this is the third time I'm basically writing the exact same thing in this thread.
and yes, I know you will not read this, and troll me instead.
I must be fucking masochistic.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
Perq wrote:
Think OP's point is that if everyone just find 1-5 ex per league, how do they end up with 20ex in stash at the end.

Keyword is EVERYONE. Many people just sell ex they find for chaoses, because they can buy some gear with them, thus people who use chaos recipe gain those.

This^
"
Perq wrote:

We understand OP's question, but it is built on a false premise: Everyone does NOT have 20 EX pure in their stash tabs at end of league.
Dupes/Bots
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Malone wrote:

Shame on you, because I am as bad in english as johnkeys is bad to understand poe economy :)

indeed.
but see, I don't want to understand the PoE economy. that's not what I'm here for.
any more "insults" you have to throw at me? bring it on.

I'm not quite sure what you are here for. Whining might be an option, but I'll assume the best of you and say that you simply do not understand how this game is designed. You cannot go "I do self-found" and then complain about not being able to get exalts. (or suggest that everyone else is just RMTing, hacking, duping... whatever floats you boat at the moment.)

This is how you mitigate RNG - with many people getting "random stuff". You get something what someone else needs, and he gets what you need - be it exalts or rare item. You can go all day with same shit "uba buga, hard bosses should drop better loot, uga buga risk-reward", but this is not how it is designed. It is RNG based grinder. I like it, some other people like it too. If you don't like it, just don't play it. Because otherwise you might really be a masochist.

On a side note: thread is not about stuff you are talking about, and this is a giant off topic, but I think you should finally realize that PoE isn't, and never will be the game you are looking for. Try Titan Quest, Grim Dawn or something like that.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jan 30, 2015, 6:35:02 AM
"
RMT would like to thank GGG for their brilliant design, I bet.

and some RMT chinese companies are directly made by some gaming companies :D
I spend 3 years in China, i know what im talking about.. china is heaven for some of them, for video game editor, having a currency selling website provide more money than microtransaction or any other monthly payment.. you pay people very low salary, you set a poor website with an operator to take and deliver order, Done! No tracability, easy to close and reopen, customer are "just 20 yo gamer", nobody will sue RMT companies.. and if they do, they will be discouraged by how complicated it is..
of course lot of them are just interface trading between player and so on but don't forget..
some of them are the company behind the game :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info