Almost everyone has traded for more Exalts than found them. How is that possible?

Perq has phrased the question better;
"
Think OP's point is that if everyone just find 1-5 ex per league, how do they end up with 20ex in stash at the end.

Keyword is EVERYONE.

Keyword is Everyone.

Sure, you found 8 ex this league. So what? Its most likely you have 20 ex from trading and selling your drops. But that means everyone else in the league is 20 ex poorer, not possible if everyone in the league found 8 ex and got 20 from trading because there would be negative total exalts in the economy.
Last edited by H4xolotl on Jan 30, 2015, 5:17:39 AM
"
The exalts have to come from somewhere, and its not possible if everyone has found so little.

How?!

If 10k players play a league per day, I am sure that 10 Exalts drop per day. Of those 10 Exalts, 5 enter the market via trading. Somewhere, Exalts are not used but hoarded and thus will be used as currency instead of their crafting value.

Those numbers are of course fictional, but I guess they are about right (or to low).Its all about time if and when they end up in someones pocket.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
EXalts move from player to player.

E.g. How can 4 players buy a 6-link armour for 30 EX each.

Player A buys armour from player B for 30 EX.
Player B buys armour from player C for 30 EX.
PLayer C buys armour from player D for 30 EX and so on...

Some say the average player has a wealth of 20-50 exalts, but this wealth is not in pure EX. It is in items and mixed currency. At some point during his play time he might have had 30 EX pure, who knows? Most people don't hoard wealth. They save up and buy something. All those exalts move!

I have found about 8 exalts between torment and bloodlines. Two of which i found the first day of Torment. I bought Aegis Aurora for 2 exalts in bloodlines, the rest I have either used or traded in for other currency. So, indeed they do drop but I think it is quite known that cheating in various ways happen in these types of games which would bring exalts to the market that otherwise would not be there.
Not sure if serious or just trolling...

You do realize there are like a lot of people playing, right? And those people sometimes farm orbs like crazy and if you get all the orbs together you got a boat load of orbs to spend.
Answer: Exalts aren't usually spent crafing. They're passed around by players to purchase items.

Basically, most exalts that enter the system remain in the system and are passed between players.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Duping....
Think OP's point is that if everyone just find 1-5 ex per league, how do they end up with 20ex in stash at the end.

Keyword is EVERYONE. Many people just sell ex they find for chaoses, because they can buy some gear with them, thus people who use chaos recipe gain those.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:

I don't have a 20Ex stash, and never did.
and I find about 5 Exalts per year, not league.

where do Exalted Orbs and other high currency (including Mirrors) come from?
hoarding, obviously. but not only hoarding. I can take a wild guess how many "private bots" and RMT-site-owned bots milk the game every single day.
brute-forcing an RNG that can be brute-forced, simply because it's dumb-random rather than risk-oriented-biased.
RMT would like to thank GGG for their brilliant design, I bet.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jan 30, 2015, 3:43:54 AM
im having some break with work/company all that so i can play pretty much as i want

on torment so far i found on locations/maps

16 exalts
1 eternal

play the game right, know the economics right and you can buy mirrors on new term leagues
what up cuzz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info