Almost everyone has traded for more Exalts than found them. How is that possible?

Go read Bots forum per curisority,

they mention running 12-20 bots 12-24 hours a day.

Those generate currency that are traded into the game.

So for the 5ex i found in a years paying 3 hours a days, they found a minimum 20 ex per bot.

And there is not only one person botting.

It's a good thing GGG take care of bots now, but even then, like in any game there will be cheater
Have fun! And go buy my stuff...

Shops: 522765 / 1094567 / 1147014
"
johnKeys wrote:
@Perq, I'll re-iterate my post since you didn't understand it.

the OP's question was "where do all the Exalts come from?".

my answers are:

1) people hoarding them when they find them, instead of using them. for years.
2) RMT-site-operated bots and players' bots brute-forcing RNG 24/7, to drop Exalts.

those are, in my opinion, the 2 main sources of high orbs entering the economy.
high orbs you and other traders then buy and sell, in said economy.

you don't generate the orbs. you are part of the hand-switching after the orbs are already there.
RNG generates the orbs, and when RNG is dumb-random instead of forcing you to kill something f**ing insane to earn your Exalts with sweat and tears - that's called "RMT-friendly design".

you don't RMT, but at least some of the orbs you have in your stash right now, originated in RMT and you don't even know it.
and so would be some of mine, if I were to trade Exalts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEKg4DHsaAI

How do you want to implement your risk-reward drops with this in game? BTW this video is made in torment.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
Kuruguhn wrote:
Go read Bots forum per curisority,

they mention running 12-20 bots 12-24 hours a day.

Those generate currency that are traded into the game.

So for the 5ex i found in a years paying 3 hours a days, they found a minimum 20 ex per bot.

And there is not only one person botting.

It's a good thing GGG take care of bots now, but even then, like in any game there will be cheater

Thats why buffed orb drop rates would work wonders. Normal players get their hands on some orbs to use for gambling and crafting and the botters dont make as much money because the orbs monetary value drops the more there are in circulation.
"
Perq wrote:

"
It's funny how someone promotes the "understanding of the game" as to why they drop more exalts, when it's just based to three all-known factors.

Yes, RMT, RNG and hacks. There is no other way. Please, shake john's hand and go back to your "RNG ruinz theis gaem, is no chalung, only RNG".

What the hell are you talking about?

What I'm referring to, is people going all "l2p PoE lol rofl waht-not noob scrub core" when they're talking about bad exalts drop. There ONLY four things that regulates your exalt drop rate:

1) Player level
2) Area level
3) IIQ
4) Hours played

The rest is - and will always be - pure luck. Not "the understanding of the game".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"

Thats why buffed orb drop rates would work wonders. Normal players get their hands on some orbs to use for gambling and crafting and the botters dont make as much money because the orbs monetary value drops the more there are in circulation.

No because there will be inflated price for all gears. It only make the craft cheaper. That doesnt solve what you would expect initially.
IGN TylordRampage
It shows that a majority of the players don't give a damn about the "economy" and just play the game. When an exalt drops for then, or they save up a couple, they trade them for your "trash items" and carry on with the fun part of the game.
GIMME YOUR GOLD FOOL
Have fun! And go buy my stuff...

Shops: 522765 / 1094567 / 1147014
"

Perq has phrased the question better;
"
Think OP's point is that if everyone just find 1-5 ex per league, how do they end up with 20ex in stash at the end.

Keyword is EVERYONE.

That is such a gross generalization. I would speculate that very few players in relation to the active player base end up with 20+ Ex at the end of a league. I imagine that very few players even end up with 5 Ex.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Vincendra wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEKg4DHsaAI
How do you want to implement your risk-reward drops with this in game? BTW this video is made in torment.

if this video is your way of saying "but Atziri/Uber-Atziri is risk/reward" - I agree.
she is. maybe I'll beat her, some day.
wish there was more content like her and her zone.
wish that content wasn't locked behind a wall of dumb RNG, and instead would be the top of a pyramid of skill-based progression, rather than a pyramid of trade.
wish the gear checks her minions are known for, were the top of a pyramid of earning one's gear by killing increasingly crazier shit, instead of full-dumb-mode-grinding, trading and/or just getting extremely lucky.
wish all that was true, for the entire game or most of it, rather than just one zone.
here I go repeating myself for the billionth time.
god knows I have enough threads and posts on that, and not just me.
all in great detail, that GGG don't really give any fucks about.
they are allergic. start itching whenever someone says "risk/reward", "skill-based progression", or imply designing an ARPG around an economy - and not the other way around - is bad.

but all of the above is off-topic here.

I already wrote what I wanted to write, on topic.
some people are just terrible at reading, or feel a strong urge to get on my nerves whenever they see my posts.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jan 30, 2015, 8:21:33 AM
"
Perq wrote:

Keyword is EVERYONE. Many people just sell ex they find for chaoses, because they can buy some gear with them, thus people who use chaos recipe gain those.

Oh, I think I see the issue here. You guys don't know what that word means.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info