Almost everyone has traded for more Exalts than found them. How is that possible?

"

Perq has phrased the question better;
"
Think OP's point is that if everyone just find 1-5 ex per league, how do they end up with 20ex in stash at the end.

Keyword is EVERYONE.

Keyword is Everyone.

Sure, you found 8 ex this league. So what? Its most likely you have 20 ex from trading and selling your drops. But that means everyone else in the league is 20 ex poorer, not possible if everyone in the league found 8 ex and got 20 from trading because there would be negative total exalts in the economy.

I found more myself while rerolling new characters compared to trading .

Feel free to quote me as an exception to the rule .

I play semi-self found .
I tend to buy some gems when I get annoyed that they don't drop and few uniques ( usually non expesive uniques 10-20c max ) and an occasional 5 link garbage armor that I can start my journey with .
R.I.P 4.B.
Last edited by tryhardgg on Jan 30, 2015, 10:46:40 PM
"
Barivius wrote:
"
feelgewd wrote:
im having some break with work/company all that so i can play pretty much as i want

on torment so far i found on locations/maps

16 exalts
1 eternal

play the game right, know the economics right and you can buy mirrors on new term leagues

I call BS. You might have 16 exalts. You did not FIND 16 exalts.

i don't have 16 exalts, i have over 220 pure on torment
and yes i did really found 16 + 1 eternal most likely in gorge farmin
what up cuzz
"
feelgewd wrote:
"
Barivius wrote:
"
feelgewd wrote:
im having some break with work/company all that so i can play pretty much as i want

on torment so far i found on locations/maps

16 exalts
1 eternal

play the game right, know the economics right and you can buy mirrors on new term leagues

I call BS. You might have 16 exalts. You did not FIND 16 exalts.

Which is precisely the point.
You found 20 ex, but traded for 200.

Almost everyone has more ex they traded for than they found. Which is not possible.
People underestimate the amount of casuals who don't trade for exalts at all. They find their lucky exalt once in a while and sell it away to the no lifers. So 'almost everyone' is a huge exaggeration, a lot of people end up with either zero or a negative amount of pure exalts in a league.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
People underestimate the amount of casuals who don't trade for exalts at all. They find their lucky exalt once in a while and sell it away to the no lifers. So 'almost everyone' is a huge exaggeration, a lot of people end up with either zero or a negative amount of pure exalts in a league.

My point exactly, which people managed to understand wrong... oh my. People have difficulties trying to look from others perspective.

When you think about it, there very few people who manage to get that many exalts, compared to how many people play the game (or given league).
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

My point exactly, which people managed to understand wrong... oh my. People have difficulties trying to look from others perspective.

When you think about it, there very few people who manage to get that many exalts, compared to how many people play the game (or given league).

yeah... liquid currency. it comes from one player and goes to another.

but then there is also the army of bots that multiple players are running right now, finding multiple exalteds. dont just think bots arent a thing.
"
iHaku wrote:
"
Perq wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

yeah... liquid currency. it comes from one player and goes to another.

but then there is also the army of bots that multiple players are running right now, finding multiple exalteds. dont just think bots arent a thing.

my point exactly.
bots are a major factor in generating this "liquid currency", as much as wild RNG of Xav's so-called "casuals" is.

then, most of it gets pumped into the economy, so guys like Perq and Feelgewd can trade with high orbs and accumulate them from trade.

same guys who for some reason like to act as if their hard-traded Exalts came from thin air, and troll anyone who tells them otherwise.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
@other dude that quoted me

How can a 3 month league go for a year?!

It's 3 months not years if it was years then yeah
"
feelgewd wrote:

If you added up all the gorges that were run in torment over the last month across the world, 16 exalts would have dropped.
"
Barivius wrote:
"
feelgewd wrote:

If you added up all the gorges that were run in torment over the last month across the world, 16 exalts would have dropped.

This just boggles my mind....I have had 2 exalts drop in my entire time playing path of exile (1 in ambush, 1 in rampage). If someone has 220 pure exalts that means that 220 exalts have dropped somewhere and I call BS they didn't drop for me.
I need a signature to look legit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info