Almost everyone has traded for more Exalts than found them. How is that possible?

I've had 8 exalted drop this league and have 0 left. So yes, some people have many some none. I'st just how it works, there is no magic or duping or hacks involved.

IGN - Sparky_RAMPAGE
I've found probably around 50 pure exalts and 2 eternals, and traded for hundreds. often when people say "i have like 100 ex" that could just mean "i have a 6l shavs". exalts are rarily used for crafting (because it's not worth it without eternals and going balls deep) instead they are the 500 dollar bills used for trading instead of using 500 single dollars. aka alchs.
"
johnKeys wrote:

but then there is also the army of bots that multiple players are running right now, finding multiple exalteds. dont just think bots arent a thing.

I'd guess that bots are the single largest currency faucet in the game right now. A single player, with a small investment can run a hundred or so bots from a vps, and that's a single person, who'll them "wash" his orbs on the player market, buying items he can trade for money. The heartbeat bot detection GGG implemented was a goddamn joke and any programmer worth his salt could do a bypass on it after it was reverse engineered.
Bots must be a tough battle to fight when the entry fee is so low (free). For every one deactivated, two new ones probably take its place.
"

Perq has phrased the question better;
"
Think OP's point is that if everyone just find 1-5 ex per league, how do they end up with 20ex in stash at the end.

Keyword is EVERYONE.

Keyword is Everyone.

Keyword is drugs. Are you on them?
"Imagining GGG as a cranky hormonal pregnant woman suddenly explains a lot." - CliveHowlitzer
"
That guy was talking about FINDING 16 exalted orbs in Torment alone. Not likely.

why not ? i have found 9 myself and im sure if he played some more / did maps alot faster than me ( and also had some more luck obviously ) i dont see why its not possible
"
leichenlager wrote:
"
That guy was talking about FINDING 16 exalted orbs in Torment alone. Not likely.

why not ? i have found 9 myself and im sure if he played some more / did maps alot faster than me ( and also had some more luck obviously ) i dont see why its not possible

Possible? Certainly. Not likely? Certainly.
"
Hunt8722 wrote:

This just boggles my mind....I have had 2 exalts drop in my entire time playing path of exile (1 in ambush, 1 in rampage). If someone has 220 pure exalts that means that 220 exalts have dropped somewhere and I call BS they didn't drop for me.

If we assume that an exalt drops every 200 hours of play time (from my experience that's a realistic rate), and if we further assume that 5000 players are playing at any given time, that's 5000*24= 120.000 hours played every day, and 120.000/200= 600 exalts dropped every single day. Just let that number sink in for a moment :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info