Rain and Load Times

"
homdonau wrote:
"
I'm not telling people what they will spend their money on, I'm just saying that if you want to play video games on PC, you should expect to spend at least some money on your components. It's just common sense ! Gaming requires better than the basic specs that the majority of people use just to work on Microsoft Word and check vids on Youtube, nothing wrong with saying that. If you can't put at least some money on your PC, you should not expect to play recent games, that's all what I'm saying. The dude I was answering to said litteraly that we should take in consideration people that can't afford to put any money at all on their PC. And I'm just giving objective raw numbers : compared to what people usually put for their CPU and GPU, what you have to put to get an SSD now has gone down a lot. When I got my SSD 4 years ago it was going around 200€ for a 128gb one, it means the same price of a really decent gaming GPU/CPU. Now, it is third of that price (60-70€). That's all I said. Numbers.

You are saying that we filthy casual don't deserve to play this game?

That's one of the best "So you're saying [insert something the guy didn't say at all]" cases I have ever seen on these forums.

*slow applause*
IGN : @Morgoth
"
"Good GPU" and "AMD card" are two things that don't go well together I'm afraid.

Hating on AMD aside, I'm sure you can tweak the settings to get better performance for your gpu. What exactly is your problem and have you posted on technical support about it? If you haven't, you should.

Haha, did you tried to google AMD and poe performance together and see the complain about it?

If "good GPU" and "AMD" don't go well, the best of AMD card can't stand the worst of other brand, why should they still exist? This terrible company should go bankrupted already.

I'm not asking them to optimize their game to fit my AMD card, i just ask they give me the CHOICE to remove rain so that i can play the game! There are half of the tile set has rain and I can't play there, it's not fair. If you can't give us the optimization, give us the choice. And please, the opinion kind : i don't have problem, you shouldn't have it, if you have it, go suffer alone, i don't care is extremely selfish. One day, you will have trouble somewhere, and you will find no one side with you, and you will understand.

I think the issue is the FPS drops and the fact that most, if not all, areas with rain have the most other stuff in them to be loaded in. Best examples are:

-post-1.2 Crossroads
-Docks (and the map equivalents Wharf, Pier, and Shipyard)
-Ebony Barracks (and map equivalent Promenade)
-Fellshrine Ruins (and other equivalents like Catarina's hideout, Cemetery, and Graveyard)
-Imperial Gardens (and map equivalent Courtyard)
-Dominus fight in the Sceptre and the Palace map (not in the Residence map)

I feel the best solution to all this is to add what players have been asking you all to add for a long time. That is the option to simply turn the rain off. People will stop messaging you about rain causing longer load times if they can simply turn it off. It is also one of many FPS issues that will be resolved for the many people (including me) who play on bad PCs.
It's not just rain, it's frozen ground, poison ground, all that stuff.

Whenever my girlfriend has trouble loading in(10+ seconds) it's exclusively in those maps.

But, that's negligible. What's worse is her frame rate, lag and general computer performance in those areas. Are they graphically more intense so the machine has "more" to do?
"
That's one of the best "So you're saying [insert something the guy didn't say at all]" cases I have ever seen on these forums.

*slow applause*

I quote you what he say:
"
"
MegaTen_IV wrote:
People should learn to not play on toasters in modern days of the year 2015 and start finally using SSD's.

Let's me explain me what he mean if you can't understand: he mean that, you either buy a better pc or get the fuck out of here, we don't care about your poor pc problem.

We casual player don't invest money on gaming PC, do you got it? If my PC isn't have enough spec to play, please make a message before installing and say: please buy a better pc before playing this game, we will get it. That's what casual player do: we install a game, it can't run on our pc, we remove it and move on to another game. We don't buy SSD or change GPU just for one specific game, and i do put my time here because i think this issue can be easily fixed.

The only issue i have is when players enter a zone via the TP. Lags out for like a sec but thats it.
"
I have some troubles loading a few areas in PoE.

Not really troubles but those areas loding much longer and I hear noise in my PC box made by fans cuz they starting to work very hard. Dunno rain it or a lot of objects does so

Those areas are:

-Pier map
-Courtyard map
-Shipyard map
-Corrupted area with mini labyrinth layout

Maybe I forgot something, I bet I did

I forgot:

"
I think the issue is the FPS drops and the fact that most, if not all, areas with rain have the most other stuff in them to be loaded in. Best examples are:

-post-1.2 Crossroads
-Docks (and the map equivalents Wharf, Pier, and Shipyard)
-Ebony Barracks (and map equivalent Promenade)
-Fellshrine Ruins (and other equivalents like Catarina's hideout, Cemetery, and Graveyard)
-Imperial Gardens (and map equivalent Courtyard)
-Dominus fight in the Sceptre and the Palace map (not in the Residence map)

If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
Last edited by The_Great_Alex on Jan 28, 2015, 11:20:33 AM
"
homdonau wrote:
"
"Good GPU" and "AMD card" are two things that don't go well together I'm afraid.

Hating on AMD aside, I'm sure you can tweak the settings to get better performance for your gpu. What exactly is your problem and have you posted on technical support about it? If you haven't, you should.

Haha, did you tried to google AMD and poe performance together and see the complain about it?

If "good GPU" and "AMD" don't go well, the best of AMD card can't stand the worst of other brand, why should they still exist? This terrible company should go bankrupted already.

I'm not asking them to optimize their game to fit my AMD card, i just ask they give me the CHOICE to remove rain so that i can play the game! There are half of the tile set has rain and I can't play there, it's not fair. If you can't give us the optimization, give us the choice. And please, the opinion kind : i don't have problem, you shouldn't have it, if you have it, go suffer alone, i don't care is extremely selfish. One day, you will have trouble somewhere, and you will find no one side with you, and you will understand.

It was more of a joke but everytime, whatever game, when someone has a mysterious problem with gpu, they're using AMD. Also, when you take AMD and compare with the similar priced nvidia, guess which ranks lower on gpu benchamarks?

Anyway, I'm not hating on anyone. You should post your specs (if it's 1k+ rig, you should be able to play poe with it) and the problem you're experienced on tech support forums and see what they can do.
Since I bought my new potato I have no real pressing issues with the poor optimisation of this game. That said:

Spoiler
"
MegaTen_IV wrote:

Please speak for yourself, I do not wish for an option to be able to turn off weather effects.

WTF is wrong with you people??

People are asking for an option to lower/disable particle effects, something which is more or less standard, and have been for years in pc games. And you want that option NOT implemented because you're not going to use it? What's it to you? Does the option being there somehow interfere with your gaming? How?

Take your epeen wielding and general dumbassitude outta here. It's offtopic, and not needed. Kthxbai.

On topic:
As mentioned no real problems on this potato:

Spoiler
WIN 8.1 64-bit
Intel Core i7 4710-MQ
8 GB RAM
Intel GTX 880M 4GB
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

And yeah, it's a laptop, and yeah, thats dedicated videoram.
No real problems with particle effects; HOWEVER if lots of particle effects are combined with multitudes of corpses and items and groundeffects and shrines and so on... Yeah I get fps drops, but not unplayable.
My old laptop (toaster spec now) could have a -50% difference in FPS if there was rain.

"Imagining GGG as a cranky hormonal pregnant woman suddenly explains a lot." - CliveHowlitzer
Last edited by unsane69 on Jan 28, 2015, 11:39:14 AM
"
homdonau wrote:

You are saying that we filthy casual don't deserve to play this game? I have 1000$ worth setup with SSD and good GPU card, but sadly, it's a AMD card, and I have trouble with the game, it become unplayable. Now I have 3 options:
-Throw away 1000$ worth setup, buy a new 1000$ one just to play POE.
-Ask the devs to be able to deactivate the rain.
-Quit the game.

If you tell me I should quit, then well, it sound fair..., some ways... Filthy casual doesn't have any right to speak anyways.

I have an i5-2500k and an AMD HD6850 I can solo all map with 60 FPS 40-60 if I play COC. In party it is the same until COC players come in. This VGA is 5 years old. My friend bought a far better PC 2 weeks ago for 550$ (with an R9 270). So what exactly is your 1000$ PC?

It should be a very specific problem (or you are just too perfectionist).
Last edited by fekete123 on Jan 28, 2015, 11:49:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info