Rain and Load Times

"
unsane69 wrote:
"
Baxta wrote:

Im curious as to your specs.

I did post those further back. You could look 'em up instead of being so tender about my choice of words.

"
LordZodd wrote:
Pretty interesting discussion. You can predict which side someone is going to be on by the amount of supporter banners under their name.

Not really. I have disabled supporter tags to bait people who judge other posters based on supportertags (since most of my support didn't come with tags ;)).
Not specifically accusing you of doing that, but quite a few do, and it's a rotten practice. People have different reasons for disabling tags, and reading into any members number of tags or lack of same is BS.

"
LordZodd wrote:

I recently upgraded, but I noticed a long period of terrible frame rate on my old system in rainy zones. More noticeable was how my system would freeze if I opened up certain strongboxes or if a blue pack of devourers would pop out. Had to quit playing hardcore because my system couldn't handle it.

I did the same (upgrade), and it's been an immense improvement. That doesn't mean it's impossible to spot certain problem areas. Shrines, or when everything goes BOOM with discharges and groundeffects or lots of corpses and loot on the ground (by no means an unplayable fps drop in my case, but still noticeable). Fun stuff; I had a large hiatus from closed beta to release, and I've found a huge difference between performance then and now. It's about time GGG looks into it, and I'm glad they do, even if doesn't concern me as much as others

So I went back to see your spec and you said you had no problems with:

WIN 8.1 64-bit
Intel Core i7 4710-MQ
8 GB RAM
Intel GTX 880M 4GB
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

I'm trying to figure out what your problem is. Do you have quantifiable problems or not?

You know that moment when you're progressing through Act 3 and you have good loading time between each zone and then you hit docks and you can literally go take a shit and come back to the same loading screen?

You know that moment when you're mapping and you have good loading time in each map but then you enter wharf and you can just go make yourself a cup of tea and come back to the same loading screen?

I guess they added some underground or off screen abandoned buildings in these rainy areas.

ty rain

PJSalt
Last edited by pianoflasks on Mar 17, 2015, 9:16:51 AM
"
Baxta wrote:

So I went back to see your spec and you said you had no problems with:

WIN 8.1 64-bit
Intel Core i7 4710-MQ
8 GB RAM
Intel GTX 880M 4GB
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

I'm trying to figure out what your problem is. Do you have quantifiable problems or not?

Not reaaally sure what you're asking; seems like you're trying to figure out what problems I'm not having?

Can I notice fps drops in certain situations? Yeah, I can, not a huge problem for me, but as others and myself have posted; situations with lots of particle effects or bodies and loot on the ground do cause a drop in fps. These events are highly localized (ie. moving just ½-1 screen away from the clutter solves it). Again it's not an issue for me; but might be for someone with lower specs.

TL;DR: I can play Dominus @60 fps stable with v-sync. My load times are 1-2 seconds. So no, my problem is not related to technology.

My problem is related to people on this board who for some weird reason opposes the OPTIONAL OPTION to lower/disable unoptimized effects; presenting only egotism and strawmen as a counter. Despite GGG themselves admitting and already working on solutions to resource-hungry effects.

As usual, Hell is other people.
"Imagining GGG as a cranky hormonal pregnant woman suddenly explains a lot." - CliveHowlitzer
Nvidia : OK
ATI : bad

problems solved. Next ?
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:

problems solved. Next ?

ATI huh?
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Chris Wilson 3/10/2021
I also lower my graphical settings, not sure why people would be opposed to it.

For me, it is out of necessity. My laptop shuts itself down because of desync, it overheats if I dont use specific settings. When I first started playing, I had to turn on v-sync & I think I still need it on or my computer will just power off at some stage by itself.
"
XeroSlayer wrote:
"
Malone wrote:

problems solved. Next ?

ATI huh?

AMD if you prefer.
IGN TylordRampage
holy necro thread batman!
I dont see any any key!
"
Metronomy wrote:
I also lower my graphical settings, not sure why people would be opposed to it.

This might be due to the fact, that their gaming rig is theoretically able to handle a game of the same graphical calibre, without even dopping a frame. While PoE performs like a 90s robot dance show.

On the other hand, i think it´s total bullshit to think that people DO NOT lower the graphical settings. PoE offers almost no graphical customization at all. The only options to texture quality are high and medium. That´s it! Although you can lower the texture quality even further in the config files, it still doesn´t solve the issue. The only thing you achieve, by setting texture quality to 3-5, is an ugly ass game and reduced loading screen times. For me it makes no difference wether i play at high texture quality or at 5. The framerate remains the same!

In some cases the framerate is even worse than at medium texture quality. For example: I was doing some dualbox Dominus farming with my PC and my university laptop. Since the laptop is mostly meant to be used for work, i didn´t bother to buy one with a graphics card. Intel i5-4210U @ 1,7Ghz-2,4Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM with integrated Intel HD 5000 graphics. This machine was barely pulling 20fps at the top of the Sceptre of God and constantly dropping to 5-10fps, while i had set the texture quality to 5 @ 1366x768 resolution. As you can imagine i got pretty pissed after a while, even though i only had the culler running on my laptop. So i tried setting the resolution to 1280x720 while keeping the texture quality and the framerate remained the same. However, once i set the texture quality back to medium and kept the 720p resolution, the game was running at 45-60fps all of a sudden!

People would gladly lower the graphical settings if they were able to! What this game needs are options to reduce the particle effects and/ or disable weather effects. In most games these options are standard, but since GGG wanted to have a custom graphics engine and lost their graphical programmer during the development, we don´t have them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info