Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Rain and Load Times

"
Supernaut6 wrote:

You'll murder me huh? What for, for making sense?

Are you drunk? Serious question. Since I can't recall saying anything like that. What I did mention was I'd murder your shit arguments.
Which I did... A switch for disabling/lowering particle effects are pretty freekin standard in PC games; has been for a long time, and doesn't affect whatever highend system someone might have.

"
Supernaut6 wrote:

You might be right about the Intel 5k but I think that's just semantics. I'm sure he ran the tests on the 5k. Right, personally, I think MANY of these problems stem from incompatibility issues. I don't know for sure. My main point is that people playing on potatoes should upgrade and all that are having issues should look at their setups more closely. MY GOD. The game runs decently enough on my machine at 1080p and it's a POS.

Just lol. Semantics, schlemantics. You claimed 'we' knew what system the tests ran on, and I pointed out we didn't know a hoot, except that the machine had an IG processor. Which might point out, if that was indeed the test bed, that the problem was not solely GPU related, which others have pointed at too. And then you go on with the tired "just upgrade because the poor devs can't be arsed to optimise" argument; which is crap since after I dunno how long we finally have acknowledgement that the devs ARE aware there's an issue at hand, and are looking into it, hopefully (if they can disregard freaking loadtimes).

An issue they have been looking into even before this shitstorm began.

"
Supernaut6 wrote:

I think many people are having issues on their networking side and that is being confused for performance issues by some.

Yes, complete hogwash. Please refrain from embarrasing yourself any more.

"Imagining GGG as a cranky hormonal pregnant woman suddenly explains a lot." - CliveHowlitzer
"
unsane69 wrote:
"
Supernaut6 wrote:

You'll murder me huh? What for, for making sense?

Are you drunk? Serious question. Since I can't recall saying anything like that. What I did mention was I'd murder your shit arguments.
Which I did... A switch for disabling/lowering particle effects are pretty freekin standard in PC games; has been for a long time, and doesn't affect whatever highend system someone might have.

"
Supernaut6 wrote:

You might be right about the Intel 5k but I think that's just semantics. I'm sure he ran the tests on the 5k. Right, personally, I think MANY of these problems stem from incompatibility issues. I don't know for sure. My main point is that people playing on potatoes should upgrade and all that are having issues should look at their setups more closely. MY GOD. The game runs decently enough on my machine at 1080p and it's a POS.

Just lol. Semantics, schlemantics. You claimed 'we' knew what system the tests ran on, and I pointed out we didn't know a hoot, except that the machine had an IG processor. Which might point out, if that was indeed the test bed, that the problem was not solely GPU related, which others have pointed at too. And then you go on with the tired "just upgrade because the poor devs can't be arsed to optimise" argument; which is crap since after I dunno how long we finally have acknowledgement that the devs ARE aware there's an issue at hand, and are looking into it, hopefully (if they can disregard freaking loadtimes).

An issue they have been looking into even before this shitstorm began.

"
Supernaut6 wrote:

I think many people are having issues on their networking side and that is being confused for performance issues by some.

Yes, complete hogwash. Please refrain from embarrasing yourself any more.

Im curious as to your specs. Note: before you MURDER my arguments, I agree there should be an option to turn off particle effects. I'm trying to figure out if that will make a massive difference on older machines as there are a lot more graphical things than particle effects going on.

Also, I don't believe the devs should optimise this game for older PCs. No-one does that. It makes no sense to spend more time on the few people with ancient machines compared to most with normal machines.
The rain affects both load time and ability to play while in a zone. I don't have any trouble anywhere else in the game. (If you discount internet issues and desync.)

Any zone with rain brings everything down to a crawl. And I know it's not my pc, nor the internet. I can tell the difference between internet trouble and rain.

I boggle at Chris because of this. People have been complaining about this, and QoL issues, for years, but they have been ignored completely. People might actually spend more money if they could play the game.

And speaking of QoL.. PLEASE put in support for the color blind. My partner and I play together, and I always have to help them with the color of slots. Seeing currency is another huge issue. I've emailed in about this before and staff were polite, but entirely unhelpful. I got the impression they just didn't care, and stopped spending money on the game. :( And I'll keep my money until the rain and color blind issues are changed. It's the thing I can do.
Time for a good Primal Fear song:
"

Everytime the rain comes calling
I can't stop myself from falling
Into the darkness - into the madness
Of a world devoid of fear and pain
Everytime it rains
Shower thought: no two rares are the same. So rares are unique, while uniques are not. On the other hand, uniques are rare, while rares are not.
"
Supernaut6 wrote:

He makes more sense than you do unfortunately. He also has enough courtesy to use capitalization.

he makes only more sense to people that ignore everything that has been shown(in some cases even removed by GGG) that shows that particles are the issue

http://youtu.be/tiSvzsbiNJw

theres another one that shows a direct comparison between particles enabled and particles disabled and what fps change it brings(cant post it last time it got removed because a mod has seen it as advertisement althought it shows no names of any tool and has no links no nothing)
Last edited by Esto on Jan 31, 2015, 9:53:25 AM
"
Baxta wrote:
"
Foewat wrote:
"
Baxta wrote:

If you were able to run the game on medium settings in Beta, theres no chance you can do that now.

It seems like you are in a similar boat as HarukaTeno. Your system is old and outdated however for some reason you think the developers of this free game should support your ancient system.

It's not going to happen.

Supporting "ancient" systems isn't as hard as you think, just add an option to turn off rain and other useless particle spam.
Every game has options like this, even the free ones, so why not this one?

It IS actually really difficult to support older systems. Disabling particles might work, might not.

Look they probably will enable this soon, but the kind of language used in a lot of the posts in this thread is NOT the way you ask for special treatment for non supported tech.

Sorry if I seem rude but I deal with this pretty frequently at work.

both of them were secretly using potatoes to play with

potatoes confirmed.
older?

this game is 2 years old and it has issues with top-mid computers 4 years old?

no they just went crazy on partial effects and refuse to admit how much of a drag that is on everyone that doesn't have top ends from the year the game was created.

Spoiler
i'm only partially trolling.
Pretty interesting discussion. You can predict which side someone is going to be on by the amount of supporter banners under their name.

The haves vs the havenots just like it always is everywhere.

The fact is this is a free to play game. You have people playing with shitty systems. Free to play games draw more people who have no money.

I recently upgraded, but I noticed a long period of terrible frame rate on my old system in rainy zones. More noticeable was how my system would freeze if I opened up certain strongboxes or if a blue pack of devourers would pop out. Had to quit playing hardcore because my system couldn't handle it.

For me areas with rain really don't take longer to load
BUT
after they load i have huge FPS spikes for 20-30 seconds
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
Baxta wrote:

Im curious as to your specs.

I did post those further back. You could look 'em up instead of being so tender about my choice of words.

"
LordZodd wrote:
Pretty interesting discussion. You can predict which side someone is going to be on by the amount of supporter banners under their name.

Not really. I have disabled supporter tags to bait people who judge other posters based on supportertags (since most of my support didn't come with tags ;)).
Not specifically accusing you of doing that, but quite a few do, and it's a rotten practice. People have different reasons for disabling tags, and reading into any members number of tags or lack of same is BS.

"
LordZodd wrote:

I recently upgraded, but I noticed a long period of terrible frame rate on my old system in rainy zones. More noticeable was how my system would freeze if I opened up certain strongboxes or if a blue pack of devourers would pop out. Had to quit playing hardcore because my system couldn't handle it.

I did the same (upgrade), and it's been an immense improvement. That doesn't mean it's impossible to spot certain problem areas. Shrines, or when everything goes BOOM with discharges and groundeffects or lots of corpses and loot on the ground (by no means an unplayable fps drop in my case, but still noticeable). Fun stuff; I had a large hiatus from closed beta to release, and I've found a huge difference between performance then and now. It's about time GGG looks into it, and I'm glad they do, even if doesn't concern me as much as others

"Imagining GGG as a cranky hormonal pregnant woman suddenly explains a lot." - CliveHowlitzer
so

about that group hug?

now is a good time?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info