Rain and Load Times

How about we all post our personal gripes with this and direct them @ chris, instead of at one another.

1) it only maters for the development team.
2) that other person will either agree or disagree with you but is unable to do anything about it.
3) getting in each others hair creates a bad hair day, nobody likes that.

All i see so far is Chris giving some actual information on in-house testing, followed by a few people agreeing/appreciating and disagreeing followed by some bashing between camps.

I can understand the agreeing/appreciating and disagreeing, but i fail to see what the result of the bashing would lead to, other then less post's made by the development team "cause community".

Ow yeah, that's my way of saying, you might wanna keep it civil and keep an open mind so the dev's might actually consider posting here more.

Peace,

-boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
My spec (bought late october 2014)
Spoiler
Gigabyte Z97-HD3
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz Haswell Refresh
Kingston 16Gb 1600MHz DDR3 HyperX CL9
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970
Corsair PSU RM850
Kingston 120Gb SSD HyperX 3K
Seagate 1Tb 64Mb 3.5" SV35

I can still see the difference between loading into rain or no rain (even though it is small). And when I load into a zone with some friends, I have to wait for them longer in rainy maps, cause they run lower specs.

Making everyone buy a new computer is not a solution. Making rain optional is. A lot of games have a setting for weather effects, because you know why? they want people to play their game. Recently it seems like GGG doesn't want people to play their game.
It doesn't always seem to affect my load time but whenever I load into an area with rain (especially docks) my cpu usage jumps up to 100% and gives me massive frame drops for the first 5 seconds after loading it. I'm talking sub 10 fps at times while usually i get 60+ fps.
Chris... no one has complained rain causes areas to take longer to load. The problem is the FPS drops and freezes associated with these areas.
"
That argument is soooo outdated. SSD's are now very cheap, in EU you can get 128Go quality SSD's for around 60-70€, that's 70-80$. Compared to the total amount people have to spend for a decent gaming setup (mostly GPU and CPU), it is like nothing. When someone wants to play video games on a PC, he's expecting to spend at least around 150-200$ on the GPU and around the same amount for his CPU. An SSD is so cheap compared to those mandatory pieces now. And sorry, but someone that can't afford "to spend any money on the PC" should not expect to run recent games and blaming the devs because of that. It's like blaming Sony or Microsoft because you can't spend money to buy their consoles but you want to play PS4 or XBox One games, it's like that retarded, yes.

Excuse me, but I'll go ahead and disagree.
I've got myself a new rig half a year ago (gonna give you specs when I get back home) and game still runs shitty in some cases. My CPU doesn't go beyond few % idle. Ground effects, rain, you name it. It IS GGG's fault. And if game looks as bad as PoE does, it makes it even worse.
Also, you're not the one to tell people what they will spend their money on, so please stop it.

PoE looks like it was made in 2005, so people expect it not to be graphical req.
heavy. And I am honestly not surprised.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jan 28, 2015, 8:30:10 AM
Posting again requesting the raw data from the experiment...
"
Perq wrote:

Also, you're not the one to tell people what they will spend their money on, so please stop it.

I'm not telling people what they will spend their money on, I'm just saying that if you want to play video games on PC, you should expect to spend at least some money on your components. It's just common sense ! Gaming requires better than the basic specs that the majority of people use just to work on Microsoft Word and check vids on Youtube, nothing wrong with saying that. If you can't put at least some money on your PC, you should not expect to play recent games, that's all what I'm saying. The dude I was answering to said litteraly that we should take in consideration people that can't afford to put any money at all on their PC. And I'm just giving objective raw numbers : compared to what people usually put for their CPU and GPU, what you have to put to get an SSD now has gone down a lot. When I got my SSD 4 years ago it was going around 200€ for a 128gb one, it means the same price of a really decent gaming GPU/CPU. Now, it is third of that price (60-70€). That's all I said. Numbers.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Jan 28, 2015, 8:52:44 AM
I have some troubles loading a few areas in PoE.

Not really troubles but those areas loding much longer and I hear noise in my PC box made by fans cuz they starting to work very hard. Dunno rain it or a lot of objects does so

Those areas are:

-Pier map
-Courtyard map
-Shipyard map
-Corrupted area with mini labyrinth layout

Maybe I forgot something, I bet I did

If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
"
I'm not telling people what they will spend their money on, I'm just saying that if you want to play video games on PC, you should expect to spend at least some money on your components. It's just common sense ! Gaming requires better than the basic specs that the majority of people use just to work on Microsoft Word and check vids on Youtube, nothing wrong with saying that. If you can't put at least some money on your PC, you should not expect to play recent games, that's all what I'm saying. The dude I was answering to said litteraly that we should take in consideration people that can't afford to put any money at all on their PC. And I'm just giving objective raw numbers : compared to what people usually put for their CPU and GPU, what you have to put to get an SSD now has gone down a lot. When I got my SSD 4 years ago it was going around 200€ for a 128gb one, it means the same price of a really decent gaming GPU/CPU. Now, it is third of that price (60-70€). That's all I said. Numbers.

You are saying that we filthy casual don't deserve to play this game? I have 1000$ worth setup with SSD and good GPU card, but sadly, it's a AMD card, and I have trouble with the game, it become unplayable. Now I have 3 options:
-Throw away 1000$ worth setup, buy a new 1000$ one just to play POE.
-Ask the devs to be able to deactivate the rain.
-Quit the game.

If you tell me I should quit, then well, it sound fair..., some ways... Filthy casual doesn't have any right to speak anyways.
"
homdonau wrote:

You are saying that we filthy casual don't deserve to play this game? I have 1000$ worth setup with SSD and good GPU card, but sadly, it's a AMD card, and I have trouble with the game, it become unplayable. Now I have 3 options:
-Throw away 1000$ worth setup, buy a new 1000$ one just to play POE.
-Ask the devs to be able to deactivate the rain.
-Quit the game.

If you tell me I should quit, then well, it sound fair..., some ways... Filthy casual doesn't have any right to speak anyways.

"Good GPU" and "AMD card" are two things that don't go well together I'm afraid.

Hating on AMD aside, I'm sure you can tweak the settings to get better performance for your gpu. What exactly is your problem and have you posted on technical support about it? If you haven't, you should.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info