10 unqiues that are in need of renewal, badly

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Grughal wrote:
Magnate is shit compared to any rustic with a life or resistance on it. Yeah, it's low level but so is Meginord and it blows the shit out of Magnate. What I meant with "outdated with Atziri belts and Rustic -buff" wasn't that they're comparable (not even close), I meant that at least previously Magnate had something (being the ultimate no.1 phys damage belt) for niche CI flickers or something but now it really has no reason to exist as it is.

Yet, it's an essential component of Havoc's Bloodlines Atziri, and soon Uber Atziri Killer. The one that recently facetanked Abaxoth in a Shrine.

It has a unique 'value' of a mod which can be useful at the highest of content.
That pretty much defines its place as a unique which is not useless and has reason to exist. Hell, it's probably the epitome of a perfect unique.

just so its clear, why is it so good, ive said it in my last reply as well, the 50% flask charges gained is an extremely good mod, its the main reason he can facetank abaxoth, hes on flasks constantly.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Jan 26, 2015, 6:34:02 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Grughal wrote:
Magnate is shit compared to any rustic with a life or resistance on it. Yeah, it's low level but so is Meginord and it blows the shit out of Magnate. What I meant with "outdated with Atziri belts and Rustic -buff" wasn't that they're comparable (not even close), I meant that at least previously Magnate had something (being the ultimate no.1 phys damage belt) for niche CI flickers or something but now it really has no reason to exist as it is.

Yet, it's an essential component of Havoc's Bloodlines Atziri, and soon Uber Atziri Killer. The one that recently facetanked Abaxoth in a Shrine.

It has a unique 'value' of a mod which can be useful at the highest of content.
That pretty much defines its place as a unique which is not useless and has reason to exist. Hell, it's probably the epitome of a perfect unique.

just so its clear, why is it so good, ive said it in my last reply as well, the 50% flask charges gained is an extremely good mod, its the main reason he can facetank abaxoth, hes on flasks constantly.

I stand corrected then, pretty rad how strong one affix can be.
"
Grughal wrote:

Flask's are OP. Didn't you get the memo?

(seriously they are, not even joking, the kind of attributes boost's you can get from those o.O saves you roughly 5 passive points per flask on average)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
Grughal wrote:

Flask's are OP. Didn't you get the memo?

(seriously they are, not even joking, the kind of attributes boost's you can get from those o.O saves you roughly 5 passive points per flask on average)

Peace,

-Boem-

Pff, flask spamming isn't my thing, I dislike the playstyle a lot so never really played it around with the stat either. I like to make characters that should function with their full potential at any circumstances. So if I created a character that likes to have flasks up 100% but get mobstarved and run out of charges I'd feel so hollow and incomplete. :(
"
Grughal wrote:
Pff, flask spamming isn't my thing, I dislike the playstyle a lot so never really played it around with the stat either. I like to make characters that should function with their full potential at any circumstances. So if I created a character that likes to have flasks up 100% but get mobstarved and run out of charges I'd feel so hollow and incomplete. :(

And that's why surgeon's is OP.
Casually casual.

Magnate's flask mod is also present on other belts - not 50% but ~20%. it is not the same but probably the balance can be achieved anyway. Sadly auto-flask spammage is so lame..

and surgeon's + flask mods + new flask 'balance' change => crit

"
Boem wrote:

@sidtherat malachais is a sick unique that gives a free 5/6-link early on, it can be rather powerful in the right lightning set-ups and its light% is nothing to snooze at imo for its lvl requirement.

this is theory. have you seen anyone using it?

there are vendor-available +1 caster weapons, blood magic is global (so auras are no-no and heralds are very punitive) so let me remain skeptic about it's usefulness. in short - the day ggg removed snapshot this item lost its place in this game

oh, i hear 'static strike'? no. that 20% lightning is not worth loosing HoA+Hatred, not even close

most of listed uniques are the same way - people make up some theoretical use that makes zero sense in practice (in some case because theyve never tried item in question and just want to be the 'special snowflake, the original one')

And over in this corner of the internet,
we can see Conan denying his barbaric origin,
after he emigrated to Wreaclast.

Spoiler

Have to agree with Grughal.

For you guys, the correct salutation is still Captain Lachdanan
Spoiler
Hugs n kisses Swords n boards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
sidtherat wrote:
Magnate's flask mod is also present on other belts - not 50% but ~20%. it is not the same but probably the balance can be achieved anyway. Sadly auto-flask spammage is so lame..

and surgeon's + flask mods + new flask 'balance' change => crit

"
Boem wrote:

@sidtherat malachais is a sick unique that gives a free 5/6-link early on, it can be rather powerful in the right lightning set-ups and its light% is nothing to snooze at imo for its lvl requirement.

this is theory. have you seen anyone using it?

there are vendor-available +1 caster weapons, blood magic is global (so auras are no-no and heralds are very punitive) so let me remain skeptic about it's usefulness. in short - the day ggg removed snapshot this item lost its place in this game

oh, i hear 'static strike'? no. that 20% lightning is not worth loosing HoA+Hatred, not even close

most of listed uniques are the same way - people make up some theoretical use that makes zero sense in practice (in some case because theyve never tried item in question and just want to be the 'special snowflake, the original one')

malachais simula-low level lightning caster helmet, you get a lot of damage and free mana cost with the downside of using life.

covenant, mid level armor, same idea, caster unique-free mana cost until you can sustain your abilities.

"
Lachdanan wrote:
And over in this corner of the internet,
we can see Conan denying his barbaric origin,
after he emigrated to Wreaclast.

Spoiler

Have to agree with Grughal.

For you guys, the correct salutation is still Captain Lachdanan
Spoiler
Hugs n kisses Swords n boards

lachdanan, pls, at least pressure them in making it useful in some way, or at least add 3d art to it
:(
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Jan 27, 2015, 6:54:31 AM
"
VictorDoom wrote:

malachais simula-low level lightning caster helmet, you get a lot of damage and free mana cost with the downside of using life.
covenant, mid level armor, same idea, caster unique-free mana cost until you can sustain your abilities.

I was leveling lighting tendrils templar recently, stopped to use mana flasks somewhere around A2N... with new templar/witch/shadow trees there is no problem with sustaining mana while leveling IMO. In addition, since 24 lvl you can use HoT-CoH-WM.

So, even if those two can still be used as intended, it's like crippling yourself for a purpose of just using those, there is next to point in doing so otherwise. And almost any other choice is better. But yes, maybe there should be such uniques...

Anticipation slowly dissipates...
I'd actually like to see Magnate's status as "The Flask Belt" pushed further, maybe by adding a "+xx% increased flask effect duration" mod as well. Possibly at the expense of making the extra flask charges not apply to surgeon's flasks (xx increased flask charges gained on kill). I like the idea of making flasks more useful and giving them a longer overall uptime, but I don't like the idea of this being something crit builds can exclusively benefit from.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info