10 unqiues that are in need of renewal, badly

In this post i take into consideration the level of the unqiues and their possible use at that level and hihger levels, why they are urgently in need of a buff or complete rework, and suggestions on what improvements should be made. I only take uniques into account that really have almost no use at their required level,are way too outdated, or just really cant do the thing they were designed to do.

Very old and outdated unique, the damage for its level its decent, its not a bad unique to use, but its obviously designed around critting since you get a frenzy charge on crit, currently 2h sword crit is really not worth using since you cant get much of it, and it has a base of 5% crit which completely goes against the intended use of critting with it. A possible buff for this would be to buff its crit base to a nice amount, like 7%.

Extremely old and hasnt been changed since it was introduced, the fire damage and chance to avoid cold ailments is simply not worth the loss of life and resists especially at that level, it needs something special, maybe a multiplicative increase in fire damage would make it an attractive unqiue to fire users.

Very high fire dps, but its a 2h slow weapon, however much you want to build around it youll always be better off with a normal physical sword. Of course you can get okaysh dps out of it but the amount of currency and defenses you lose by trying to do that is simply not worth the investment, this sword would need a pretty high boost in attack speed for it to work OR as Pneuma suggested, a much better alternative, a high amount of fire pen against burning enemies.

Extremely out-dated, it still has the first version of acrobatics when there was no phase acrobatics or the extra dodge nodes(non of those are included in the item mod, its just the plain acrobatics), its really completely useless, since as an evasion character you use that part of the tree anyway, so this sacrifices life and resists and it gives you in turn a skill point, which you would already use, nice evasion to be fair, and some cold damage... It needs the full acrobatics cluster for it to be worth using on any character. Pneuma had another great idea for this one too, remove the acrobatics and just add a fair bit of Dodge chance on it.

All types of damage, none of them high, for its level its not a usable unique, it has all element types but low attack speed, which is pretty counter intuitive since elemental damage goes well with high attack speed. A buff in its attack speed would be a good change.

Unless im missing something, maybe some hidden recipe, no use can be found for this, not in low level pvp, not at its level, the reflected damage simply isnt worth the deaths it will cause.
The zero elemental resistances makes this unique completely unusable, the increase in global defeneses doesnt apply to block, just evasion/ar/es, in low levels and in high levels you need elemental resistances. It just needs a complete rework, i know its a reference to the d1 unqieuq, but this isnt d1...

Not a unqiue but... really

Apart from low levels this implicit is completely useless, for anything, please, pretty please at least buff it to 1% life regen per second base... or restrict its drop to low level areas.

Even with necromantic aegis, and using it as a kamikaze summoning build, its downside is WAY too harsh, you could at least nerf it to -20 resists,or just dont add a downside to it, for level 43 -50% rez is insane, even for high levels compensating that resist loss is VERY hard.

I know marylenes has been "buffed" from -60% LESS crit chance to -50%, but its still, completely unusable for any build, even prolif builds, the crit multiplier is just simply not worth such a massive loss in crit chance. Any amulet is better than this for any build, even not using an amulet is better than this. Any build you want to try with it will be better off without it, youre a lot safer and more effective by critting much more often with lower damage rather than critting once in every 20 hits and 1 shotting yourself to reflect, or just dying cause you cant do any damage since it also has a second MASSIVE downside of non crits deal 25% of damage.

It really needs a proper rework, you would have to at least remove one of the downsides, either the less crit or the non existant damage on non crits, or worst case scenario, just remove it.

For its level, the dps is not good, the chaos conversion is nice, but the bow is just nothing to build around, if you can max out your chaos resistance it means you can just simply afford a better bow, if you go CI with it, you do get 25% phsyical damage reduction which is nice, but you wont get any damage out of it from your investment, its way too defensive.

Removing the physical damage+phys to chaos dmg and adding +2 bow gems with damage over time mods or buffs to chaos damage would make it a good bow for CI while using poison arrow and it would still be on theme with the chaos thing.

This used to be THE claw to use when Ghost Reaver was not in the game, but you added that and made this unqiue completely useless, a claw ,and especially ES user, goes in the area of GR anyway, it needs a rework, badly. The guy who designed it came up with the GR idea from what i understand and by adding GR to the game you made his unqiue redundant, it would be nice and usable again if it made GR give 100% faster leech rate.

I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Jan 28, 2015, 8:02:57 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
toolazyforgggnewcontentneway
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
RE: maligaro's Lense

It DOES work with Necromantic aegis, but even on minions, the -50% res is crippling. Minions don't have great resistances as is, and with -50% to them, everything dies to the slightest elemental damage before the regen can do them any good.

Even as the ultimate sacrificial minion sheild, it still needs less of a resistance penalty, be cause no matter how you use it, this is just prohibitive.
"But we still had a lot of fun, please don't think this comes from hate.
We bitch because we like you and we want you to be great!" ~Miracle of Sound
Last edited by LostKavi on Jan 25, 2015, 7:31:32 PM
you could add new kaoms chest, soul taker and bor to that list.
"
LSN wrote:
you could add new kaoms chest, soul taker and bor to that list.

those are items are useful and they still do what they were designed to do, i went through the unqiue items list and every item apart from these can do what they were designed to do, can be used for a build or at least are useful at their required level.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Last edited by VictorDoom on Jan 25, 2015, 8:18:35 PM
While not terrible having no MS makes using wakes a kind of a bummer
"
LostKavi wrote:

It DOES work with Necromantic aegis, but even on minions, the -50% res is crippling. Minions don't have great resistances as is, and with -50% to them, everything dies to the slightest elemental damage before the regen can do them any good.

Even as the ultimate sacrificial minion sheild, it still needs less of a resistance penalty, be cause no matter how you use it, this is just prohibitive.

I think its ueful if you plan to play around Minion Instability and even give some needed squishyness to your minions, so they do explode regularly. this is the only Item I deem fine of those.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
Vincendra wrote:
"
LostKavi wrote:

I think its ueful if you plan to play around Minion Instability and even give some needed squishyness to your minions, so they do explode regularly. this is the only Item I deem fine of those.

if the 2% maximum life gained on death applies to minions then its acutally usable, you can just cast a skele totem and you gain quite a lot of life back from them dying constantly
Completely agree on marylenes, its garbage.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jan 25, 2015, 9:15:23 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Vincendra wrote:
"
LostKavi wrote:

if the 2% maximum life gained on death applies to minions then its acutally usable, you can just cast a skele totem and you gain quite a lot of life back from them dying constantly

Yea, but I wasn't joking when I said EVERYTHING DIES
Skellies, Zombies, Specters, and with nothing else left, and no sheild because of NA, you too.

It's nice in theory, but when 1 flame hellion makes your entire minion army burn to death in ~2 seconds in merciless, it's a bit not so sound in practice.
"But we still had a lot of fun, please don't think this comes from hate.
We bitch because we like you and we want you to be great!" ~Miracle of Sound
Last edited by LostKavi on Jan 25, 2015, 10:11:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info