Protecting your "PRECIOUS" economy ain't working so give up and fix desync instead

Hey remember that one time when I said it would be better to trust the clients and forget security because this is an online videogame? And that people were going to find ways to cheat anyways and that botting and rmt will always exist? And that desync exists for literally no reason?

Oh right, that was every post I've ever made about desync on these forums ever. Why they pay someone actual money to make decisions when the players have been saying the obvious truth for eternity is beyond me.

I expect to see the same amount of logic on this issue as I do from their stance on melee: obvious problem with many obvious solutions exists, but ggg won't take the effort to fix these issues. Many good solutions have been proposed, but do you think ggg will implement any of them? There is a patch tomorrow and I'll bet anyone their entire stash of rmt-found orbs that melee is still shit in 1.3.1.

Nope, you play poe because you accept the fact that you are playing a game that is poorly balanced for literally no reason at all, you are dealing with desync for literally no reason at all, and you are in an economy founded on rmt and botting and cheating for literally no reason at all. You do this because why the fuck not? But there will be a day when a better game comes along and you can't be bothered to continue with poe and it will be because of stuff that has been solved a million times over and ggg refused to implement those freely provided fixes.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
"
Hey remember that one time when I said it would be better to trust the clients and forget security because this is an online videogame? And that people were going to find ways to cheat anyways and that botting and rmt will always exist? And that desync exists for literally no reason?

So people going to cheat or RMT anyway why bother keeping 95+% of the people honest in order to "fix" an issue that honestly I haven't had affect me gameplay wise since my last cyclone character (which I had a macro setup for)

"
Oh right, that was every post I've ever made about desync on these forums ever. Why they pay someone actual money to make decisions when the players have been saying the obvious truth for eternity is beyond me.

Um what?

"
I expect to see the same amount of logic on this issue as I do from their stance on melee: obvious problem with many obvious solutions exists, but ggg won't take the effort to fix these issues. Many good solutions have been proposed, but do you think ggg will implement any of them? There is a patch tomorrow and I'll bet anyone their entire stash of rmt-found orbs that melee is still shit in 1.3.1.

Really? I mean do you think 1.3.1 is targeted at melee? No so why do you think they would change anything about it when they have released most of the information on the patch.

"
Nope, you play poe because you accept the fact that you are playing a game that is poorly balanced for literally no reason at all, you are dealing with desync for literally no reason at all, and you are in an economy founded on rmt and botting and cheating for literally no reason at all. You do this because why the fuck not? But there will be a day when a better game comes along and you can't be bothered to continue with poe and it will be because of stuff that has been solved a million times over and ggg refused to implement those freely provided fixes.

The game is "poorly' balanced because everyone is different, everyones goals/playstyles/wants/needs/thoughts/desires various based on their experiences with this game, another game or what other factors can possibly come up with. Desync has been explained MANY times before and like I said I personally haven't had an issue with it since before the cyclone changes, even then it was really manageable. Economy isn't founded on RMT and botting, yes both have happened and will continue to happen, but to say that the economy is broken because of this is just a lie, ESPECIALLY in the temp leagues. If you are unable to make any wealth in the leagues you really must not be trying, its SUPER easy to do. (granted the chaos to exalt ratio sucks) Good luck finding that game that caters specifically for you (and I mean it), this one caters to quite a few happy players and while somethings have gotten worst over time, somethings have certainly gotten MUCH better.

Again Legatus i'm not saying melee in PoE is the best or even that good, but the complexity that have made in this game also (as you well know) limits the ways they can make melee a bit more desirable\playable then it currently is.

Tl;dr PoE is an excellent game, the best ARPG out on the market today (that's still being developed, supported, ect)
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
I was very disheartened to read this Reddit post yesterday: hookeysconfession.

This is as far as i got in your post OP.

Using a confession of a hacker that is not even proven to be legit is just asking for this response.

Ow yeah and sl4y3r is correct, if you think this supposed confession about hacking is bad, wait until they trust the client.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
LostKavi wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
Desync won't be fixed. How hard is it to understand ? It would require a huge rebuild of network code model and another year or two of testing. For a game that has been released, that is utterly unheard of. Its cheaper and more profitable for GGG to make a new game without predictive model than it is to completely recode of the most challenging aspects of existing, revenue-producing game for free.

While it will never be eliminated completely, there is an extremely lengthy list of things that GGG could do without touching their network code that would improve desync by a little bit each.

Such suggestions include but are not limited to:

1) improve monster pathing so they aren't so prone to getting aggro'd around corners but getting stuck halfway, stopping monster desync around doorways and tight terrain.
2) reduce the damage on all leapslam and charge abilities so these don't auto-stun you if they connect, stopping desync from did it hit or not.
3) design better setpieces so doorways can't be blocked by a single mob standing 2 pixels to the left so you can't squeeze by like you could on your computer because it was standing 2 pixels to the right, reducing player desync around doorways and tunnels.
4) reduce monster speed stacking so we don't have rare leapers with quick, allies move and attack faster and cutthroat warping around the place faster than a friggen spark projectile.
5) remove obnoxious ground clutter that isn't visible above mobpacks so people dont get hung up on terrain while opening strongboxes
5a) also, while not desync, preload the damn exile and their textures upon rolling the 'contains rogue exile' stronbox so you don't have 2 second frame freezes while the game has to render all of the random microtransactions you slap on everyone.

those are just the ones *I* could come up with right now, but I've heard at least 3 more elsewhere. There's more to mitigating desync than "Welp, gotta recode the game, GG"

Exactly, it won't be completely fixed as far as model goes. Which is what the op was talking about. Your list is merely a small improvements measures, with some of the items not making much sense.

For example, a stun always forces a server resync request. A resync is GOOD when you want to minimize desync. Also, I completely don't understand the preloading of exile if box isn't even opened. The freezes aren't because of rogues spawning. Are you suggesting actually spawning a rogue with box closed? That's ridiculous
"
Boem wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
I was very disheartened to read this Reddit post yesterday: hookeysconfession.

This is as far as i got in your post OP.

Using a confession of a hacker that is not even proven to be legit is just asking for this response.

Ow yeah and sl4y3r is correct, if you think this supposed confession about hacking is bad, wait until they trust the client.

Peace,

-Boem-

The economy in this game is already screwed to high heaven, and not just in the permanent leagues, so at this point let them open it up for improvements and put the final nail in the coffin for the bullshit economy. Maybe after that the game can be more logically balanced around the game and not trying so hard to desperately work around the economy that was merely a pipe dream from the beginning.
"
Tanakeah wrote:

The economy in this game is already screwed to high heaven, and not just in the permanent leagues, so at this point let them open it up for improvements and put the final nail in the coffin for the bullshit economy. Maybe after that the game can be more logically balanced around the game and not trying so hard to desperately work around the economy that was merely a pipe dream from the beginning.

Please do enlighten us on how the economy is "screwed to high heaven"

FeelsBadMan

"
"
goetzjam wrote:

Please do enlighten us on how the economy is "screwed to high heaven"

He hasn't been playing long enough to have had access to self-found legacy items, and cannot afford them himself, so therefore economy is "screwed".

You're more familiar with forum QQ style than this my friend, lol

Also nice rekting on your post above

That's just a couple I have obtained over the course of playing the game...care for me to link more?

As far as the economy being screwed to high heaven, pretty simple if you break it down, but then again, I have to talk to goetzjam...not sure if I even want to go there, but I suppose I could if I absolutely must in the end. Though...hmmmm...maybe not worth it in the end. :\
"
Story checks out, zero of those four items are legacy, lel

As far as not being able to afford shit, guess I was wrong on that one

But still, the general QQcensus on the "economy problems" is that high-end shit is unaffordable for some (poor) players.

Sorry, you wanted Legacy item? Sure, got those, too:

Care for me to link more to 'check out' with the story? :) And yes, you were quite wrong on the not being able to afford shit...cut back on the assumptions and you'll go more places. :)

**EDIT** The Headhunter, Voll's and the like were found and not chanced in maps with Zana mods, just in case that wasn't too clear.
Last edited by Tanakeah on Jan 26, 2015, 2:15:34 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

You are beyond ignorant lol. Why do the most ignorant people always claim they're telling the one and only 'truth'? You win the 'most rubbish in a single post' award easily :3
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jan 26, 2015, 2:48:30 PM

"
That's just a couple I have obtained over the course of playing the game...care for me to link more?

Naw we good. Thanks though.

"
As far as the economy being screwed to high heaven, pretty simple if you break it down, but then again, I have to talk to goetzjam...not sure if I even want to go there, but I suppose I could if I absolutely must in the end. Though...hmmmm...maybe not worth it in the end. :\

Not everyone plays in standard only, while I can make assumptions to why you may think the economy is "screwed" i'd like to hear your reasons. Plus you mentioned the leagues and don't have anything to back that up either. Support your claims with facts or opinions based on something, rather then just saying you don't want to talk to me, why even make the point if you aren't going to discuss it?

As for @xavderion yeah he kinda is, but your post is likely going to get flagged and removed.

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info