Why so expensive? Microtransactions?

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
u know people.. You don't need to buy any Microtransactions ?

It is a luxury and premium product so you got to pay for it, also GGG doesn't force you to
buy anything.. If you can afford it, buy it if not carry on playing the game since it doesn't
effect the game at all.

I have spent roughly £40 on Microtransaction because I believe that is how much I would have
spent buying the game..

Yeah, thats why there are totally no advertisements in the chat every now and then that stash tabs are on sale...
"
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

It is a luxury and premium product so you got to pay for it, also GGG doesn't force you to
buy anything.. If you can afford it, buy it if not carry on playing the game since it doesn't
effect the game at all.

I have spent roughly £40 on Microtransaction because I believe that is how much I would have
spent buying the game..

Yeah, thats why there are totally no advertisements in the chat every now and then that stash tabs are on sale...

Don't really understand your comment but if it is regards to 'stash tabs' being 'pay to win'.. Well, first you can complete the game and begin 'end game content' without extra stash tabs but if you want the convenience of extra stash tabs they are dirt cheap and majority of casual players won't need more than 8 to 10 stash tabs

ps : if you are distracted by 'chat' so much you can always turn it off but I wouldn't consider the very minor advertisement as effecting the actual game
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Jan 25, 2015, 9:36:36 AM
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
"
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

effect the game at all.

spent buying the game..

Don't really understand your comment but if it is regards to 'stash tabs' being 'pay to win'.. Well, first you can complete the game and begin 'end game content' without extra stash tabs but if you want the convenience of extra stash tabs they are dirt cheap and majority of casual players won't need more than 8 to 10 stash tabs

ps : if you are distracted by 'chat' so much you can always turn it off but I wouldn't consider the very minor advertisement as effecting the actual game

That ability to turn notifications off took a long time to implement though.
Really never understood why people complain about it given whats actually given in return...they could have easily went the route of a shit freemium game with it's monetizeation for example something like

Spoiler
Start with 2 character slots more may be purchased(same price as current)

Stash tabs only get one as default, purchase more(same price as current)

Stash tab purchased are character bound not account wide

inventory space can be purchased(expensive)

Patches that contain new temp leagues will be Free the gear and new gems require a small purchase to unlock

Large act patches will cost $15

Temp race leagues are now only a month long
EXP boosts sold in store
Magic find boosts sold in store
Speed Boosts sold in store
Crafting Chance increases sold in store
Respecs sold in store
Bandit reset books sold in store

Specific crafting items sold in store(eternals mirrors and exalts)

Remove only tabs will be destroyed a week after leagues merge

Chat items sold in store enabling people to chat in global and trade

Cosmetic MTX's are bid on use, can be unbound by a new consumable MTX item
MTX's have a reduced price
The unbinder is $2.50 single use

Legacy items are sold in the store(fucking expensive)
Newly created legacy items are destroyed/replaced with the new version
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jan 25, 2015, 10:03:06 AM
"
There are games out there that do that shit without a single flicker of hesitation, lagwin. People here definitely need to be reminded of that from time to time.

I know...i've played most of them, when you see shit like this posted in a game that doesn't even require you buy anything just boggles the mind at how blind they are to what i could have easily been.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
You have to keep in mind that prices aren´t the same everywhere. In some countries 1000€ a month is a lot of money. I barley can life with that. I atm get 1000€ and need almost everything to pay for food and my room/handy/insurances etc. Im starting to earn good money in autmn when im done with my studies. The prices arent to high when i get 2000-3000€ a month.

So GGG could drop prices but then they probably are really low for some countries. They could have earned more money. Not wise if you think economic.

I give them every big addon some love, if i still play the game. Thats my way to say thx. I expect them to have a pack with items and points for around 50€ with release of act4. Ill probably still be playing then so they will get money again. I ll use that points to buy items on sale. Actually i like waiting for items in sale. Its better to get a new one piece by piece instead of everything at once.

Last edited by camar1s on Jan 25, 2015, 10:26:46 AM
Here's the thing, it's quite hard to get people to spend money on f2p games. Those who want to spend money will spend it, those who don't, won't. Even if stuff is dirt cheap, a lot of people just want to play for free. So it's much better to make higher prices and milk the guys who actually want to pay. Pretty much every F2P game does it like this (except maybe Valve games and LoL which is simply badly monetized, Riot could make A LOT more money if they really wanted).
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
camar1s wrote:
You have to keep in mind that prices aren´t the same everywhere. In some countries 1000€ a month is a lot of money. I barley can life with that. I atm get 1000€ and need almost everything to pay for food and my room/handy/insurances etc. Im starting to earn good money in autmn when im done with my studies. The prices arent to high when i get 2000-3000€ a month.

So GGG could drop prices but then they probably are really low for some countries. They could have earned more money. Not wise if you think economic.

I give them every big addon some love, if i still play the game. Thats my way to say thx. I expect them to have a pack with items and points for around 50€ with release of act4. Ill probably still be playing then so they will get money again. I ll use that points to buy items on sale. Actually i like waiting for items in sale. Its better to get a new one piece by piece instead of everything at once.

Im jobless and i bought stuff from the shop. GGG is nice enough to give everyone payment plans. Its not like you need to be filthy rich and pay it all at once.

Besides, i rather gave my money to GGG instead of blowing it all up on alcohol, so it even had a nice side effect for me at the time.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
a bunch of shit other companies do

You forgot giving Open Beta pack purchasers players like a 5% increased rarity and quantity.

Maybe a bigger hideout too if you buy the highest supporter packs.

After all that wouldn't be p2w...its just pay for convenience right? Right?
I see some dense people in here so maybe I should clear some things up. I know you don't HAVE to buy anything (maybe other than stash tabs). Most of these complaints come from people who would and are willing to spend, if it meant a slightly cheaper price to do so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info