Why so expensive? Microtransactions?

Microtransactions, more like megatransactions.

Let me start by saying this is NOT a moan post. As a new player to this game, and a good game it seems. I was all for making many microtranslations to support the developers of a good F2P game.

But after looking over the price of the items, I feel that the micro transactions are a little steep. I know the developers need to make an income from the game and to run servers, but the overpriced items do not make many people want to purchase.

Obviously those that have the money will always spend a pretty penny, but normal folk will not part with the cash you’re asking for simple things. Myself included.

Well anyways guess what I’m trying to say is, great game and if the micro transactions were actually MICRO transactions I would definitely spend money on this game. But greed will never work.

P.S. I know this has probably been discussed many times, so sorry in advance for this.
I have a well payed job , own a 84 squares flat ... and still can`t afford to buy them xD SO YOU ARE NOT ALONE !

p.s : I`m not in debt with any banks , paying my bills ...and still can`t afford to buy not even a 10 $ thing cuz here where I live with 10 $ you can cook at home for 2 people for 2 days...
Last edited by htblind on Jan 23, 2015, 11:11:07 AM
Less QQ , moar pew pew .
R.I.P 4.B.
They are that price because a lot of people will pay it. I see more people in in with them than without them sometimes lol
I dont see any any key!
No idea, I've bought maybe 2-3 of the sets and just can't come to buy anymore. The new set just released is like $36? For that price I can buy all the DLC's for another game I enjoy playing, or yet another whole game.
Why do you expect this company to not manipulate the meaning of words to their perceived advantage? Every company does it, why should this one be any different :)?
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
They range form what 10 points($1) upto maybe $40, it's not to expensive at all, you can get more value for the supporters packs, the most common purchase is the extra tabs and they are quite cheap...this is coming from someone that's been unemployed for a few years and i can afford that stuff(even if only just).

As for it not being dirt cheap...use your nogin?
Useable on every character as standard, you don't need to fork out for an unbinder or fork out for tabs for each character, you have 20 odd character slots not 2, you are not forced to pay for EXP pots or respecs, nor any of the content, servers...anything,and you moan that the 100% free game is to expensive.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jan 23, 2015, 11:18:08 AM
Purchase a supporter pack. You get points and the items in the pack then bide your time and get the daily deal MTX as the ones you like come up. Patience has its rewards.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
They range form what 10 points($1) upto maybe $40, it's not to expensive at all, you can get more value for the supporters packs, the most common purchase is the extra tabs and they are quite cheap...this is coming from someone that's been unemployed for a few years and i can afford that stuff(even if only just).

As for it not being dirt cheap...use your nogin?
Useable on every character as standard, you don't need to fork out for an unbinder or fork out for tabs for each character, you have 20 odd character slots not 2, you are not forced to pay for EXP pots or respecs, nor any of the content, servers...anything,and you moan that the 100% free game is to expensive.

lol the supporters packs are the most stupidly over priced items in the game, I mean come on. The best one is like $500, are these people serious. (and yes i know SOME people will buy them, but for say $50 MOST people might buy them)

Don't get me wrong over the years I've spent £100's of pounds on microtransations for other games, but these prices are just way to OP.
well, i am sure a lot of people know this but I just want to say this again.

Current pricing is a bit too much. I am sure that they can get more money if they can lower the price a bit.

As for now, people are hard to decide do they really want to buy that MTX or not as the MTX indeed look good on the youtube video but however, you cant really tell unless you tried them on. And since the price is a bit high and therefore, people will only buying it on from the sales.

This is the reason why I spent 30-40 euro during the 50% off sale awhile ago as it would be less painful if the MTX is not what I expect to be. (Indeed, there have 2 MTX that I regret I brought...but well, as i said it is less painful as I didnt pay for the full price.)

and not to mention another 80USD back before that sale...
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)
Last edited by Exorcist901 on Jan 23, 2015, 11:36:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info