Why so expensive? Microtransactions?

I've spent 30 bucks on this this game, so far, and thanks to daily deals i've managed quite a bit with that. Stash tab and bundle, a few of the more basic cosmetics and some skin transfers. I find all of these prices fair.

I personally also believe all of the elaborate cosmetics (both effects and armors) are priced just fine the way they are. I'm rather surprised at how many people still buy them despite the price, and that fact alone dissuades me personally from paying for the same stuff. I don't wanna pay a few dozen bucks to have a 1 in 10 chance of looking the same as someone or multiple someones every time i party up or go into town. And THAT is likely the line of thinking that had to do with GGG's decision to keep fancier cosmetics at higher prices.

What I think, though, is that there should be at least double, if not triple the amount of cheaper (5-50 pts) cosmetics and pets. GGG would assuredly make more money this way. All the people that want the uber cosmetics will still get them if they don't already have them, and there will be more variety for people just not willing to spend the extra money on something that simply looks more eye-catching.
"We are all doomed" they say. But do you not still laugh and smile? do you not still cry? Have you slit your wrists surely and truly enough to bleed out in minutes, or thrown yourself off of a cliff?... No? Then there is still hope.
Last edited by Xiouslaidyn on Jan 23, 2015, 5:58:03 PM
need more money for shit pvp that no one plays....I wonder when new contents going to come out (act 4 maybe????) been 3 years with the same o'l acts
"
xxmafioso7xx wrote:
need more money for shit pvp that no one plays....I wonder when new contents going to come out (act 4 maybe????) been 3 years with the same o'l acts

barely three years since alpha testing. The game hasn't been officially released for anywhere near three years.
"We are all doomed" they say. But do you not still laugh and smile? do you not still cry? Have you slit your wrists surely and truly enough to bleed out in minutes, or thrown yourself off of a cliff?... No? Then there is still hope.
Last edited by Xiouslaidyn on Jan 23, 2015, 6:04:01 PM
"
xxmafioso7xx wrote:

Act IV coming this April. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
BillNyetheSpy wrote:
If you really wanted to support the game, the price wouldn't bother you.

Itemshops are not about supporting the game (you could transfer the money to the developers via online banking in 10 seconds directly), but about selling stuff.
Supporting means you give something and don't expect a reward.
That's a total different thing than buying things from an item shop ....... get your facts straight please.

It's play business, don't glorify that shit.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Jan 23, 2015, 7:25:01 PM
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
TheExile777 wrote:

Main thing IMO is that the leagues should be 4 months

Feedback from the community was the 4 month leagues were too long.

And as usual you don't answer the Actual question... Stop slacking and wake up ffs.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
TheExile777 wrote:

You will always get feedback of the form "X is too long" or "Y is too short". Don't base your choices like this on feedback.
http://strawpoll.me/1022816/r
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Microtransactions, more like megatransactions.

Let me start by saying this is NOT a moan post. As a new player to this game, and a good game it seems. I was all for making many microtranslations to support the developers of a good F2P game.

But after looking over the price of the items, I feel that the micro transactions are a little steep. I know the developers need to make an income from the game and to run servers, but the overpriced items do not make many people want to purchase.....

Well anyways guess what I’m trying to say is, great game and if the micro transactions were actually MICRO transactions I would definitely spend money on this game. But greed will never work.

Let me put it like this: The original price is completely overdone. So, if I would like to have an item, I wait til it turns up in the daily offers. Usually this is 30% cheaper and if I REALLY(!!!!) like the item I buy it then.

But in general I fully agree, the prices since beginning-midst 2013 are too much. And the newer MTX are not very creative. Hmmmm...the more they do, the uglier it turns out. Sry GGG, but that is my opinion.

My main point: There is certain classes they don´t do anything about it, for example witch, ranger and templar. What we get since months are armour sets for melee chars, that look absolutely ridiculous on p.e. witches. And mostly of these armour sets are pityful ugly. No creative ideas about minion skins, ( I´d love to change my zombies into pretty young warriors...will probably never happen...), no aequivalent for energy shield chars ( let´s have sth. like verdant effect for armours or a red glow, or this kind of vampire effect...what about a shining gold, going together with the golden wings???? None of it...)

MTX turns out to be poorer and poorer, less and less fantasy and love for it,created for just satisfying a small part of players who got no style but lots of money ( reminds me of RL fashion shows - autsch!)

And another "disappointed, GGG"

( so sorry for that, had so much fun in the game before, and appreciated the masters very much, thought that would be the beginning of another creative string and new ways, instead they kept to oldest models . In the very beginning they had the balls to compete with the biggest gaming companies, but when success came, they lost their balls...)

"
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
TheExile777 wrote:

Well, cant make everyone happy. Im sure it was the streamers who got their way again though. I sure as hell loved the longer leagues but oh well, its gone now. Make them 6 month next time.

I don't think it was the streamers getting their way, my recollection of the posts on that subject matches what Gary stated. I liked the 4 month leagues, and would have preferred them even longer, but my impression from the threads on league length was that the vast majority of people would prefer 3 months to 4 months.

In a way, it means we have larger updates more often, and the standard league doesn't have to wait as long for the newer content.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
usualy people who can't afford something they would say it's expensive
just wait like what other people would do if something goes on sale, or wait for blackfriday
what up cuzz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info