Why so expensive? Microtransactions?

"
Don't feel bad if you can't support.

A single happy, positive voice can be worth more than hundreds of dollars to a company thriving on good will, give or take.

Amen to that. All i've been doing for the last couple years is to tell everyone how awesome this game is and how awesome the dev team and the support staff are.

Still about lowering the prices, there's the exchange rate problem: a $36 MTX set would cost around 2.7 times more where I live. That's worth like a week of groceries. If its expensive even to USA/Euro players, imagine how hard it can be to players from other countries.

If making things cheaper can hurt older supporter's feelings (i understand that), maybe other kinds of "budget" packs, sets and visual effects can be created - there would be the fancy expensive pixels and the cheap-and-not-so-fancy pixels for those who want to contribute. That would cause no impact on GGG's fixed costs and very very little impact on the marginal costs, i guess.

Buuuuut, if Chris is deliberately setting certain quality and price levels for PoE's MTX, that's GGG's market strategy - I can't argue with that.

Spoiler
tl;dr: GGG I LOVE YOU GUYS NO MATTER WHAT <3

Slow'n'Steady-Proud Standard Player
Litenheat 77 LS|Onroids 67 IC|Iendis 82 SA|LeslieMagnafuzz 76 Arc|Rakta 83 Tank|Kalika 78 Reaver|Borealis 78 BoRWoE|lendis 74 TS|Astreex 74 WS|Ignitium 88 IW|Ignitia 75 SRS|Mahakali 81 CoC|Selenne 81 FB|LesIieMagnafuzz 70 IC|Ulfhedinn 75 Sweeper
reading these posts i came to the conclusion that i always saw company's price politics (dividing the world into different regions with individual prices for the same products) from the consumer point of view.

which assumed that companies just want to make the most out of it (produce in the cheapest country, sell to the highrst possible price in every country) which is mostly true.

but seeing it from the point of a company which relies on free financial support like ggg does, it makes sense to compensate people by region and by donations made in relation to their actual cost of living.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
All mtx should be global and then they should add a challenge

"paying the bills" or something, which simply includes owning all the mtx on that account.

Would be so much easier on the reclaim functionality etc and probably push a lot more players to buy complete armor set's etc. (maybe also more character slots, since you could combine endlessly and keep the mtx on there)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

"paying the bills" or something, which simply includes owning all the mtx on that account.

Would be so much easier on the reclaim functionality etc and probably push a lot more players to buy complete armor set's etc. (maybe also more character slots, since you could combine endlessly and keep the mtx on there)

Peace,

-Boem-

No thanks. because sweatpants.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

double
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jan 25, 2015, 7:36:48 PM
"

If people are too cheap to P2Look good thats not GGGs fault. Its probably just some lazy guy who doesnt have a job and lives in his parents house because otherwise the MTAs are very affordable.

Nope, im 38 have a good job and a LIFE outside of gaming. I could afford the $500 pack if I wished, but not at those greedy prices, as for paying to look good. Really the graphics on this game are NOT that good, you can hardly see what players are wearing. Try a game like guildwars 2 if you want real vanity.

"
BillNyetheSpy wrote:
I'm sorry you can't afford something, but that doesn't mean it should be cheaper.

If you really wanted to support the game, the price wouldn't bother you.

Don’t get me wrong I’ve subbed games like WoW for years, spent lots of ££ on Guildwars 2 because they are worth it, and are not stupidly overpriced. Even with a monthly sub you get much more for your money than these so called micro transactions.

I honestly don’t think the game is worth the price of the micro transactions. Especially when the graphics don’t compare with many other games around. Can’t even tell if players look good or not.

"
feelgewd wrote:
usualy people who can't afford something they would say it's expensive
just wait like what other people would do if something goes on sale, or wait for blackfriday

That strategy seems like a string along to me, for example there are a few things I would have purchased by now if the price wasn’t so steep. They would already have my money. But as it stands I won’t be playing the game long enough to bother with sales.

It’s not that I can’t afford things, I simply won’t pay stupid prices. It’s the principle. This is mostly the reason I don’t play many F2P games, I would rather purchase and sub and be able to earn everything ingame rather than pay OP prices for cosmetics.

"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:

People moaning about expensive microtransactions in POE is mindblowing. The game is absolutely non pay to win and it's one of the few out there (some say the only one). They have every right to charge 100$ for anything imo. It's their only income, you are not forced to buy it and you SHOULD have the common sense not to moan about it.

Again, I have no problem with spending money on any game, I never said anything about not supporting the game. I WOULD pay money if it seemed worth it, if people are stupid enough to pay hundreds of pounds on cosmetics, then that’s there problem.

As a company I would rather have 100,000 people buy an item for £10 instead of 100 people buy it for £100.

I’m all for supporting a game with REASONABLE pricing.

It seems that the company has already got many people here suckered into paying stupid money for well nothing much.

Anyways they wont be getting my money. Who's loss is that. Not mine.
^I'll keep you in mind when I buy my Act IV Supporter pack. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Calling GGG greedy.

Lol.

No.

Someone didn't read the whole thread. Intrinsic p2w is greedy. What GGG are doing is simply asking very high prices for shit you don't need.

If you think that's greedy, you need to review your idea of "need".

But I NEED to have what they guy has/look shiny!

However, in all honesty, some of the best stuff on the shop is dirt cheap. Stash tabs, skin transfers, even some of my (opinion) favorite pets and skill effects are super low in price. However if you just want to support the game, does it matter what you get?

Some people do need to understand what greed actually is. It's certainly not releasing such an expansive game for free with only cosmetics for sale that don't effect your gameplay what-so-ever. (Barring stash tabs hindering my compulsive loot hoarding issues. Thank god I don't have a hoarding compulsion in the real world.)
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
"
Skin transfer is EASILY the best mtx. Period.

100% agreed.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
"
Skin transfer is EASILY the best mtx. Period.

I'll say Portals...followed closely by Skin transfers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info