Why so expensive? Microtransactions?

"
XigTek wrote:
"
Calling GGG greedy.

Lol.

No.

Someone didn't read the whole thread. Intrinsic p2w is greedy. What GGG are doing is simply asking very high prices for shit you don't need.

If you think that's greedy, you need to review your idea of "need".

But I NEED to have what they guy has/look shiny!

However, in all honesty, some of the best stuff on the shop is dirt cheap. Stash tabs, skin transfers, even some of my (opinion) favorite pets and skill effects are super low in price. However if you just want to support the game, does it matter what you get?

Some people do need to understand what greed actually is. It's certainly not releasing such an expansive game for free with only cosmetics for sale that don't effect your gameplay what-so-ever. (Barring stash tabs hindering my compulsive loot hoarding issues. Thank god I don't have a hoarding compulsion in the real world.)

I understand what your saying about supporting the game, that's just my point. I'm pretty late starting to play the game now, and I'm not sure if I'm going to stick around. Cant really say until I hit max level or at least see some of the higher level/end game content.

That being said, if the prices where lower I would have already spent money by now, regardless if I stick around or not. Just because its F2P and not a bad game. I opened the micro transaction tab purposely to see what I could buy to support the devs, but the prices put me off buying anything.

I'm not questioning the fact that they need money/support to make the game worth making, and continue to run servers, pay employees etc. Im questioning the pricing strategy.
"
"
XigTek wrote:
"
Calling GGG greedy.

Lol.

No.

Someone didn't read the whole thread. Intrinsic p2w is greedy. What GGG are doing is simply asking very high prices for shit you don't need.

If you think that's greedy, you need to review your idea of "need".

But I NEED to have what they guy has/look shiny!

However, in all honesty, some of the best stuff on the shop is dirt cheap. Stash tabs, skin transfers, even some of my (opinion) favorite pets and skill effects are super low in price. However if you just want to support the game, does it matter what you get?

Some people do need to understand what greed actually is. It's certainly not releasing such an expansive game for free with only cosmetics for sale that don't effect your gameplay what-so-ever. (Barring stash tabs hindering my compulsive loot hoarding issues. Thank god I don't have a hoarding compulsion in the real world.)

I understand what your saying about supporting the game, that's just my point. I'm pretty late starting to play the game now, and I'm not sure if I'm going to stick around. Cant really say until I hit max level or at least see some of the higher level/end game content.

That being said, if the prices where lower I would have already spent money by now, regardless if I stick around or not. Just because its F2P and not a bad game. I opened the micro transaction tab purposely to see what I could buy to support the devs, but the prices put me off buying anything.

I'm not questioning the fact that they need money/support to make the game worth making, and continue to run servers, pay employees etc. Im questioning the pricing strategy.

You make it sound like all effects/pets cost over 100 dollars or so. Like the game, buy some stash tabs or some cheaper effect or pet. Hell, if a jobless hobo like me can spend some valuable tax payer money on POE then so should working people.
"
Skin transfer is EASILY the best mtx. Period.
Nah, it isnt for one simple reason
Spoiler
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jan 26, 2015, 5:12:44 PM
Having daily discount deals on items that are already way overpriced is just another way companies trick customers into buying more things. Mr Wilson just understands consumer psychology pretty well, and we are all suckers :)
"
CoAx wrote:
Having daily discount deals on items that are already way overpriced is just another way companies trick customers into buying more things. Mr Wilson just understands consumer psychology pretty well, and we are all suckers :)

So, we are back to calling this a scam like every trade in this game ever?
"
"
CoAx wrote:

No i never said scam. Perhaps using the word "trick" was wrong of me, "persuade" would of been a better word. It is just clever marketing really.
I liked the black friday prices must admit,I would buy much more at those prices.While vanity items don't appeal to me so much hideout items do.
"
CoAx wrote:
"
"
CoAx wrote:

No i never said scam. Perhaps using the word "trick" was wrong of me, "persuade" would of been a better word. It is just clever marketing really.

Its being done in everything that is being sold anywhere in the world. So duh, thats the basis of good marketing, making more sales.
"

Its being done in everything that is being sold anywhere in the world. So duh, thats the basis of good marketing, making more sales.

Well no, there is a lot more to it. Lots of companies have to base their prices off of their competitor's pricing or else customers will simply go elsewhere. GGG have the luxury of setting their own prices and then pretending to give us a good deal. There is a lot more to it, but GGG are in a good position to inflate their prices as much as they want to which is why this happens. You will see similar things with other companies that have no competitors. Anyway I think it is kind of crap however they must be getting lots of sales still if they can keep their prices so high.
"
CoAx wrote:
"

Well no, there is a lot more to it. Lots of companies have to base their prices off of their competitor's pricing or else customers will simply go elsewhere. GGG have the luxury of setting their own prices and then pretending to give us a good deal. There is a lot more to it, but GGG are in a good position to inflate their prices as much as they want to which is why this happens. You will see similar things with other companies that have no competitors. Anyway I think it is kind of crap however they must be getting lots of sales still if they can keep their prices so high.

In what world do you live in? Even in the same store i get the very same product with just a different company name for a vastly different price. Yes customers do go elsewhere but no company just copies another companies price, there are different price levels for everything because there are poor people and companies want to make money form those, others price stuff higher to appeal to better off people.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info