Ranged Vs. Melee Disparity.

Again, spectral throw is NOT MELEE.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
"
"
goetzjam wrote:

Secondly atziri\uber atziri is simply once piece of the game, they force characters to have certain stats that other maps don't need. Hell some characters specialized for atziri may struggle in higher level maps.

I am doing this right now.

I have to play well, but can farm Uber pretty easily. I'll tell you this, the build is absolute dogshit for mapping. Very much preferred my pre-1.3 build (got hit by the nerf-nuke) which could barely do Uber with flawless execution (and pretty fucking good gear).

For the Alluring Abyss I'd classify myself as pseudo-ranged since I don't melee hit anything in that zone except the unique monsters.

What build?

Do you have a link to gear\tree\passives?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
"
goetzjam wrote:

Secondly atziri\uber atziri is simply once piece of the game, they force characters to have certain stats that other maps don't need. Hell some characters specialized for atziri may struggle in higher level maps.

I am doing this right now.

I have to play well, but can farm Uber pretty easily. I'll tell you this, the build is absolute dogshit for mapping. Very much preferred my pre-1.3 build (got hit by the nerf-nuke) which could barely do Uber with flawless execution (and pretty fucking good gear).

For the Alluring Abyss I'd classify myself as pseudo-ranged since I don't melee hit anything in that zone except the unique monsters.

What build?

Do you have a link to gear\tree\passives?

Sorry, I was vague very intentionally. The less GGG know about how I farm Uber, the better off I will be. I do myself a disservice to discuss it any further :/
It could be described as "full yolo" and I kinda hate it, unfortunately its hard to argue with results.

@Legatus
Not sure who/what you were responding to but I can assure you I'm not using Spectral Throw. There are many skills with the "Melee" tag that fulfil the pseudo-ranged criteria I mentioned.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Jan 21, 2015, 12:51:48 PM
I'm talking about the so called first atziri kill as "melee" which if you watch the video was mostly if not entirely done with spectral throw
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 21, 2015, 12:55:08 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
I'm talking about the so called first atziri kill as "melee" which if you watch the video was mostly if not entirely done with spectral throw

Your watching the wrong video, let me help you as it appears your video searching skills are lacking (at least today).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AJdVgzVMLo

That is part 3 of his kill (atziri herself)

FeelsBadMan

"

tl;dr but no matter what you have written it was discussed a billion times before and the disparity between melee and ranged will never go away in poe. Get used to it!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"

tl;dr but no matter what you have written it was discussed a billion times before and the disparity between melee and ranged will never go away in poe. Get used to it!

See that's the completely wrong thinking, the disparity will exists pretty much no matter what, but saying people should "get used it it" simply because that is how it is isn't the correct line of thinking.

Improvements should be made to melee, I personally vote for adding the block back onto BoR, but it won't happen. Increasing dual wield block, adding block to some damage nodes (that only melee will reach\invest into)

There isn't much GGG can do to really improve this, but what they can do should be done.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"

See that's the completely wrong thinking, the disparity will exists pretty much no matter what, but saying people should "get used it it" simply because that is how it is isn't the correct line of thinking.

Improvements should be made to melee, I personally vote for adding the block back onto BoR, but it won't happen. Increasing dual wield block, adding block to some damage nodes (that only melee will reach\invest into)

There isn't much GGG can do to really improve this, but what they can do should be done.

You are completely right BUT we all know that things people ask for more than 2 years will not happen.
This game will never be balanced.
This game will have very few QoL settings forever.
This game will never have a trading system.
Therefore the correct answer to people asking for one of the above points is "Get used to it!". Because if they don't they will become more and more frustrated. I kicked the balance melee ball for a very long time until I realized that nothing will ever change. And guess what I enjoy the game much more since I gave up plus I save a lot of time by not making anymore tl;dr balance threads that are completely useless because putting poe and balance in one line of thought is nothing but a waste of time.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

"
You are completely right BUT we all know that things people ask for more than 2 years will not happen.

Because GGG needs to make every change people ask for?

"
This game will never be balanced.

Balance is an illusion exile, no ARPG game ever has true balance.

"
This game will have very few QoL settings forever.

Chris specifically posted in the QoL thread on reddit that these will be worked on and added soon (tm) I have faith some QoL things will be added with the release of act 4.

"
This game will never have a trading system.

It actually has one, its significantly better then D2's trading system and on par from what I would expect in an ARPG game. This subject in particular is one that isn't EVERYONE wants this, but rather some very vocal people want some way to sell there items without any effort\interaction, this isn't what GGG wanted when they designed the game and it isn't what I want either. Could improvements be made for QoL that also affect trading, you bet! Things like messaging someone that hasn't moved in over 5 min automatically replies saying character has been afk for XX:XX min. Or allowing yourself to set a \afk message like \akf I am alt tabbed out while browsing, however I will get your message and respond within a min or so, this would allow players that go semi-afk to still interact when needed and not lose a sell.

Yes players can't trade offline currently. This makes gearing for SUPER specific stats difficult, I think masters helped somewhat in this aspect (by allowing players to put a specific stat on an item instead of it needing to be on it) But honestly some form of PLAYER TO PLAYER, one time things where they communicate with the forums and do an offer based system (similar to steam trade offers) for offline trade is fine.

"
Therefore the correct answer to people asking for one of the above points is "Get used to it!". Because if they don't they will become more and more frustrated. I kicked the balance melee ball for a very long time until I realized that nothing will ever change. And guess what I enjoy the game much more since I gave up plus I save a lot of time by not making anymore tl;dr balance threads that are completely useless because putting poe and balance in one line of thought is nothing but a waste of time.

Players will get frustrated regardless if you say "get used to it" or not, allowing them to express themselves is a right they have earned by playing the game.

Things change all the time in regards to melee\ranged\spells\block\tree\maxres\ect saying nothing will change is quite the opposite of what actually does happen, many things change, if you can't see that then idk if you've been playing the game for that long.

Balance threads are mainly useless because even the Alpha testers don't get to do feedback on testing anymore it seems. Yes they used some of the new skills added in 1.3, but in regards to the tree changes or % or any of that they don't appear to have a voice there. The problem with balance threads are everyone sees something a bit different, one player may see double dagger melee builds as crap because they cant use block+acro anymore and felt it target THEIR build with the previous nerfs, when it was designed to nerf stacking some of the best damage mitigation in the game, something like max block/spell block, acro, phase, cod, ondars incinerator. Causes and effects of balance in this game over tree changes, values on items (block, ect) make it so a lot of these discussions that happen overtime are convoluted with problems that are either fixed or replaced by another problem. GGG cannot play every single build everyone does to see how the changes may make some ok builds underpowered with changes, this is unfortunate but always happens every patch.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Your watching the wrong video, let me help you as it appears your video searching skills are lacking (at least today).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AJdVgzVMLo

That is part 3 of his kill (atziri herself)

Sorry I thought we were talking about uber atziri. I've seen plenty of builds of all variety do regular atziri.

The first uber kill was done by the same guy using 10k ES and spectral throw. Also some of the mechanics used in that video have been nerfed (block).
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 21, 2015, 5:18:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info